Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 05:45:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

No fun today.

Started by Mike S., November 14, 2012, 04:28:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike S.

As many of you probably remember, my wife had two spinal fusions last April. Three weeks ago, the surgeon realised that her spine is not healing. So with no wasted time, she is going back in in just a couple of hours to have this surgery redone.

I've been ok with it until it was bed time last night. All night I have had the memories of all of the bad from last time. I almost lost her due to a blood infection a week after her surgery. I had to put all 3 of my kids to bed while they were crying because they're afraid their mother is going to die. I cant say that it doesn't weigh heavily on my heart.

I am praying for better results than last time. Hoping she heals this time and doesn't have to go through this again. I am really praying for no infections this time. That was the worst week of my life. It's amazing how hard it is to look at your children when you're uncertain if their mother is going to make it or not.

We have to be at the hospital in about an hour. I will post updates as the surgery goes on.

fiker

Lord I pray that your presence be felt by Mike and his family today.  May you lift them up and comfort them in their time of need.  May the Holy Spirit be alive within them and comfort them.  I pray that you will work your healing mercy through the hands of the medical staff as they do what is necessary to restore Mike's wife to health.   May the peace of Christ be on their hearts and in their minds as they deal with today and the coming days.   In Jesus' name.  Amen
So much water.  So many lures.  So little time.

Member of  Downriver Bass Association

www.buildwithmomentum.com 734.649.9390

motocross269

Hope everything goes well Mike...Prayers sent

gmetime24

We will be saying prayers for your family. Hope everything goes well

mikesmiph

My thoughts and heart are there with you guys Mike. Give her my best when she comes out.

Mike S.

Thanks guys. I'm sitting here chewing my nails off. They took her to the operating room at about 7:30. This is the worst part.

YpsiBass

Hang in there Mike.  Prayers sent.

Genie

I have to hold strong to believing that all things will work out!  Hang in there Mike.
Grand Rapids, MI
Stop Wishin' and get Fishin' with MyFishingLogs.com
http://www.myfishinglogs.com

Insanity - Doing the same thing and expecting different results.  Stop the insanity!

Firefighter Jeff

I'm sure everything will go quite well MIke  !!!   Hope she has a speedy recovery !!!   :)

Mike S.

We just got a call from the operating room. They got started an hour late. So far all of her vitals are good. That's all I know so far.

Firefighter Jeff

Quote from: Mike S. on November 14, 2012, 09:15:11 AM
We just got a call from the operating room. They got started an hour late. So far all of her vitals are good. That's all I know so far.

It's a start.  :)   Oh and maybe you should buy some Lee press-on nails and save on your own.  lolol

TackleThis!

Or prayers are with you and your family Mike !

Waterfoul

I'll be thinking about her and your family all day Mike.  If you need anything all you have to do is ask. 

Call me if you need me.
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

Mike S.

Thanks guys. She should be out in an hour or so, around 11. It feels like time is standing still. Just sitting here listening to all the other people around me.

Waterfoul

Buy some fishing gear online while you wait... should make the time pass faster.  As we all know, fishing fixes all ailments and psychological issues.   ;)
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

BIGSHOW

Prayers going out to you mike

Mike S.

Lol!!  I have to save money for doctor bills. Just bought the surgeon a new Porsche for Christmas.

I just talked to the surgeon. She's done. He said he added more screws than the first surgery. One of them was loose, which he says is common for people who don't heal right.

Waterfoul

Well it sounds like it went well then.  Here's hoping for a quick recovery.  Maybe even by Sunday!   ;D  My bet is this will fix all her pain problems and she'll be back to her old self in no time.

Mike S.

She's still not out of recovery yet. Last time they had trouble waking her up. I'm wondering if that's what is going on right now.

Mike S.

She's in her own room now.  Lots of pain. This sucks.