Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 28, 2024, 02:09:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Tue, 07 May 2024 13:00:10 +0000
The Michigan DNR is conducting an acoustic tagging study on Lake St. Clair Smallmouth Bass to better understand their distribution through the lake and habitat use.
Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.

Advertisement

Frogs only? bob o's Lake Ovid event

Started by bob o, April 03, 2011, 05:05:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Frank

singles or doubles?  If it's singles we can always squeeze a 3rd in my 15' boat.  we wont have all the tackle taking up room.  I've narrowed my selection down to.... FROGS.

Frank

VinceR

Quote from: bob o on July 21, 2011, 11:24:05 AM
i'll be on vacation all next week so i won't be on line so much then, but we should find out a head/boat count really soon.

boaters:

bob o with mojo??? never got a ya or nay

VinceR - Boater, with Jay-MadWags.

djkimmel

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Mojo

Team heaviest 5 fish caught on a frog or toad only - This list will stay live until 10 p m Aug 12th.

Here's what we have so far:

Vince R.      and    Jay Madwags
Laporte       and    Mojo
Bob O.        And    Ross
djkimmel      And    Durand Dan
Bosshawg.   And    Leo
FBenn.        And    Brandon
Hooksetter  AND    Mick
BNL.           And   BBTT123
Mikesmiph    And   Girlscanfish2
Capt Charlie And.   ????
Ellipsis         And    ?????

So bring $15. $5 more for big bass and let's try to launch right at daylight (7am latest - Official sunrise is 6:41) and fish til 3 pm ? Does this sound right ?  Everyone who is interested not on the list above please chime in so we can finalize the list.

August full moon phase is strongest at 1:59 pm August 13th   :o   so my prediction for the event :  PAINNNNN  (for the frogs) I think them fish will punch them frogs like Mr. T in Rocky III  ;D   ;D  Cant wait    ;D   ;D
Thanks Dan for bringing year round Catch and Release to Michigan

Mojo

Hey I just want to propose (not changing) but asking:

darn bass can be sooo fickle - can we be flexible and allow more surface and slop baits ? Only baits where fish blow the surface ?  If not, could we pull some baits at launch for group approval ?  Just looking to ensure everyone has max fun while staying in the spirit of the event?

djkimmel

I think we already had that discussion once? I'm not fishing with Mikesmiph now. If he gets the day off, he's bringing his own boat. I thought I might be fishing with cameraguy now, but he may have some work that day.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Mojo

EVERYONE - Check in on the website. Lets keep Reply #143 LIVE and I'll continue to update pairings. As far as baits - Frog only, but bring your best slop bait to the boat ramp and we can do a Gong Show. Lets have fun with it .....  ;D

Hooksetter

As of now I will be there. I will be a boater, my buddy Mick will be fishing with me.

Not trying to fan any flames, but being true to the spirit would be frogs only, as the name of the tournament states?????? ??? ??? Just thinking out loud.

Willie
Peace.
It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart.

stackenem

Mojo, See if you can hook up with another boater I'm not gonna be able to make it. Family things came up.
Remember you don't quit fishing when you get old, you get old when you quit fishing

djkimmel

Looks like Durand Dan and I are going froggin'

YpsiBass

Uh, when is the event and what time?  Also, does anyone need a back seater?

djkimmel

Who was bringing the weigh in equipment?

Frank

are hood ornaments allowed?  i might bring a non fishing, bikini wearing decoration for the deck of my boat

djkimmel

Distracting the other contestants is very sneaky ;D

djkimmel

Might have to fish with a 1 lunker handicap!

bob o

Quote from: fbenn12122000 on August 09, 2011, 10:29:27 PM
are hood ornaments allowed?  i might bring a non fishing, bikini wearing decoration for the deck of my boat

ms frog queen 2011, yea with a title like that i'm sure you will have to find some kind of "inflatable" queen  :o ;D

Durand Dan

Quote from: Mojo on August 08, 2011, 11:31:41 AM
EVERYONE - Check in on the website. Lets keep Reply #143 LIVE and I'll continue to update pairings. As far as baits - Frog only, but bring your best slop bait to the boat ramp and we can do a Gong Show. Lets have fun with it .....  ;D
Toads OK?
Scientific Names

Frogs - Rana catesbeiana
Toads - Bufo Laurenti

bob o

Quote from: Durand Dan on August 10, 2011, 06:16:54 AM
Quote from: Mojo on August 08, 2011, 11:31:41 AM
Toads OK?
Scientific Names

Frogs - Rana catesbeiana
Toads - Bufo Laurenti

the toads really got the ulgy stick didnt they?

mikesmiph

Dont know how to do all that computer mumbo jumbo, reply # such and such and stuff. But, it looks like myself and girlscanfish2 will be there with our frogs.

bob o

are we having a cook out/pot luck after fishing on saturday?

and who all is staying thru sunday?