Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 05:09:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Frogs only? bob o's Lake Ovid event

Started by bob o, April 03, 2011, 05:05:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

bob o

Quote from: stackenem on August 11, 2011, 04:10:35 PM
I'll bring some dogs and buns. Thanks Bob O I'll see you sometime tomorrow morning.

Stack

well. i do have to work tomorrow so i won't be there until 7-8 in the evening.

oh and as a FYI i've been telling people i'm at site 116 this is wrong i just checked and i'm at site 166. getting old sucks at least i got the 1'S and 6 part right  ;D

Frank

Sunrise is 6:27 a.m.  Is safe light before that?  Is moonlight safe light on a no wake lake, lol.  If you pick a blast off time i will be there one hour before that, maybe more just to BS.  I'm not staying til Sunday but if someone from my area thinks they can safely transport my grill up, its a big a** stainless propane grill.  I would take it myself but i drive like an idiot to begin with.  Also, put me down for ketchup, mustard, relish.

Frank

bosshawg

i have weigh scales, basket & weigh sack.  no weight bags, bring em' if you own 'em..
if it feels good - SET THE HOOK!!

Michigan Bass Busters

djkimmel

That should work. I'll have to see if I have a bag in my boat? Been a while since I've had to bring something to a scales in my boat.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Frank

djkimmel

That will help if I can't find mine. Thanks!

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Durand Dan

Quote from: djkimmel on August 11, 2011, 10:29:49 PM
That should work. I'll have to see if I have a bag in my boat? Been a while since I've had to bring something to a scales in my boat.
I'll add that to my list, however like a camera I consider a weighin bag bad luck! ;D

bob o

Quote from: Mojo on August 12, 2011, 01:08:34 AM
What:
Lake Ovid  - Team heaviest 5 fish caught on a frog or toad only and Biggest Bass
When:
August 13th - Meeting 6:45am ish -  Fish to 3 pm

Teams:                                               Boater Potluck                  Coangler Potluck
Vince R.       and    Jay Madwags
Stackenem   and    Mojo                        Hot Dogs and Buns              ICE, Cups, beer, Water and ( a little nipper    )
Bob O.         and    Ross                   hamburgers, beer, paper plates
djkimmel       and    Durand Dan                                                     Assorted sodas
Bosshawg.    and    Leo
FBenn.         and    Brandon                   ketchup, mustard, relish
Hooksetter   and    Mick
BNL.            and   BBTT123
Mikesmiph     and   Girlscanfish2
??                and    Ellipsis

Bucket:
$15 + $5 more for big bass

Baits:
Frogs or Toads

Needs:
1 more boater !!
Desserts
drinks
side dishes a must !
forks spoons plates etc....
chips
side dishes !!

Notes:
August full moon phase is strongest at 2 pm August 13th. Winds 10 mph SSE, high 77 F, chance of rain 80% - PM showers, sunrise 6:42. Potluck location TBD ... A campsite or next to the launch  ?????????
Quote from: Mojo on August 12, 2011, 01:08:34 AM
What:
Lake Ovid  - Team heaviest 5 fish caught on a frog or toad only and Biggest Bass
When:
August 13th - Meeting 6:45am ish -  Fish to 3 pm

Teams:                                               Boater Potluck                  Coangler Potluck
Vince R.       and    Jay Madwags
Stackenem   and    Mojo                        Hot Dogs and Buns              ICE, Cups, beer, Water and ( a little nipper    )
Bob O.         and    Ross
djkimmel       and    Durand Dan                                                     Assorted sodas
Bosshawg.    and    Leo
FBenn.         and    Brandon                   ketchup, mustard, relish
Hooksetter   and    Mick
BNL.            and   BBTT123
Mikesmiph     and   Girlscanfish2
??                and    Ellipsis

Bucket:

Baits:
Frogs or Toads

Needs:
1 more boater !!
Desserts
drinks
side dishes a must !
chips
side dishes !!

Notes:
August full moon phase is strongest at 2 pm August 13th. Winds 10 mph SSE, high 77 F, chance of rain 80% - PM showers, sunrise 6:42. Potluck location TBD ... A campsite or next to the launch  ?????????

MSURoss

I'll bring donuts and muffins for the launch

bosshawg

ready, set, go!!  we'll probably have a side dish, chips and possibly a desert.

c u all tomorrow a.m.
if it feels good - SET THE HOOK!!

Michigan Bass Busters

bob o

I'll add that to my list, however like a camera I consider a weighin bag bad luck! ;D
[/quote]

thats why i carry a bag and a camera. b/c two negetives make a positive, or so i 'm told

BNL

I am not available. Sorry if there was confusion on my attending/not attending.

Good luck fishing and have lots of fun.

Durand Dan

Well, I can bring my boat to even things out if everything stays the same. BBTT123 and  Ellipsis can draw straws and the loser goes with me! ;D
DD

Mojo

Quote from: BNL on August 12, 2011, 11:43:36 AM
I am not available. Sorry if there was confusion on my attending/not attending.

Good luck fishing and have lots of fun.

Is your Co Angler coming still or both out ?
Thanks Dan for bringing year round Catch and Release to Michigan

Mojo

Frogs only? bob o's Lake Ovid event
« Reply #186 on: Today at 01:08:34 AM » Quote Modify Remove  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What:
Lake Ovid  - Team heaviest 5 fish caught on a frog or toad only and Biggest Bass
When:
August 13th - Meeting 6:45am ish -  Fish to 3 pm

Teams:                                               Boater Potluck                  Coangler Potluck
Vince R.       and    Jay Madwags
Stackenem   and    Mojo                        Hot Dogs and Buns              ICE, Cups, beer, Water
Bob O.         and    Ross                        hamburgers, beer, paper plates, donuts and muffins
Hooksetter   and    Mick                                                      
Bosshawg.    and    Leo                         Dessert, Chips, Side dish
FBenn.         and    Brandon                   Ketchup, mustard, relish
Durand Dan   and    Ellipsis                     Assorted sodas                                      
DJ Kimmel     and    BBTT123   ?
Mikesmiph     and   Girlscanfish2

Bucket:

Baits:
Frogs or Toads

Needs:
side dishes a must !
fruit or veggie side dish

Notes:
August full moon phase is strongest at 2 pm August 13th. Winds 10 mph SSE, high 77 F, chance of rain 80% - PM showers, sunrise 6:42. Potluck location TBD ... A campsite 166 or next to the launch  ?

djkimmel

I'll see where I put the leftover tableware and how much is left.

YpsiBass

Actually I won't be able to make it now, but wanted to wish best of luck to all competitors.  Hope to see some good pics and can't wait to see how the standings turned out.

Mojo

At the site now. We have drinks and ice and cups covered. Just need some side dishes veggie fruit stuff. Got hamburger and hot dogs. And broasted potatos from frank.

Need a table too ?

djkimmel

I'm very sorry ladies and gentlemen but I'm not going to be able to make it. Very sorry about the last minute notice.

Hooksetter

I must also apologize, I cannot fish tomorrow. I have to work.

Willie
Peace.
It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart.