Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 05:37:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Frogs only? bob o's Lake Ovid event

Started by bob o, April 03, 2011, 05:05:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

bob o

Quote from: bosshawg on May 13, 2011, 05:12:46 PM
is this event still a go?  do both anglers need to be a GLB member or open for all?

been interested in doing this and while still a time away, trying to set a summer schedule..  thanks!

good luck to you's fishing tomorrow.  our club out on sunday LSC for our golden rule tourney.

GLB event, hmmmm i guess so. i just posted the idea and it grew from there, i haven't talked to Dan about this being an "offical GLB" event, but becoming a member of GLB is pretty easy and free i might add.

VinceR

Whoa! I can't believe that I'm just seeing this. This looks cool. Mmmm, frog fishing, Lake Ovid, August...

...count me in!

djkimmel

This is a bob o production and not limited to GLBass members but I don't know why someone wouldn't want to join in on all the other fun we have? They don't have to be a member if they just don't want to and they can still fish. I wouldn't want to keep anyone from a fun froggin' day anywhere! But I still hope they join. We're getting close to the 2,000 member mark! We'll be closer later this week when I put in some additional sign ups.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

bosshawg

Quote from: djkimmel on May 16, 2011, 11:39:07 PM
This is a bob o production and not limited to GLBass members but I don't know why someone wouldn't want to join in on all the other fun we have? They don't have to be a member if they just don't want to and they can still fish. I wouldn't want to keep anyone from a fun froggin' day anywhere! But I still hope they join. We're getting close to the 2,000 member mark! We'll be closer later this week when I put in some additional sign ups.

to see if i can get him to sign up dan.  don't want to miss out on all this great stuff here...

planning to make a weekend camp trip on this as friend has a 5th-wheel & i'll tow boat.  is sleepy hollow campground still in operation? friend said it was on a list of state parks to shutdown.
if it feels good - SET THE HOOK!!

Michigan Bass Busters

bob o

to see if i can get him to sign up dan.  don't want to miss out on all this great stuff here...

planning to make a weekend camp trip on this as friend has a 5th-wheel & i'll tow boat.  is sleepy hollow campground still in operation? friend said it was on a list of state parks to shutdown.
[/quote]

i'm at site 116, i'll be in a tent and maybe with the wife and kid too  ;D. i hope the campground dosn't close it was not on the list i saw, plus they already have my money

djkimmel

Not closing as far as I know, but I'll check into it.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

bob o

MSURoss

Fished Lake Ovid today for 4 hours fishing the slop not a single bite. Conditions were perfect with spawning 2-3in gills. Many dead bluegills/crappie.

bosshawg

Quote from: bob o on June 08, 2011, 08:53:50 AM
bump

bump???  what bump?  this good or bad??

we got our reserv. at sleepy hollow,  slot#82.
if it feels good - SET THE HOOK!!

Michigan Bass Busters

mikesmiph

A bump is just to keep the topic open so old people like me don't forget. LOL

LAPORTE

2008 Skeeter 20I " Thanks Robin"

bob o

Quote from: LAPORTE on June 10, 2011, 12:24:54 PM
How much is this .... ?

good question, it's been kicked around from $20 per head to bragging right only. i'm thinking $5 for total weight and $5 for big fish.
any other ideas?

stackenem

how about $10 a head 1 fish limit, biggest bass wins it all.
Remember you don't quit fishing when you get old, you get old when you quit fishing

MSURoss

Does anyone need a co-angler for the tournament? I'm a college student with tournament experience and many hours on Ovid.

LAPORTE

Maybe the winner has to give the person that catches smallest fish weighed in his frog lure....lol
2008 Skeeter 20I " Thanks Robin"

bob o

Quote from: LAPORTE on June 10, 2011, 03:52:05 PM
Maybe the winner has to give the person that catches smallest fish weighed in his frog lure....lol

HAHAHA yea i can see you saw'em off in the back of the boat after your first 14"er

BNL

Ross.... I might be your guy. No partner and I am considering fishing the frogs only tourney.

What's the date of the tournament again? Time?

bob o

Quote from: BNL on June 10, 2011, 06:41:56 PM
Ross.... I might be your guy. No partner and I am considering fishing the frogs only tourney.

What's the date of the tournament again? Time?

august 13th some of us will be spending the entire weekend there so we could set something up for sunday too ya know if we're there why not?
time: sunrise is at 6:45am sooo say 7:45-8:00am  (12-24-36v) blast off

Jay-MadWags

I know all about frog fishing on Lake Ovid.  Just ask Vince or Dan Kimmel and they will tell you.  Oh yeah I almost forgot the Rev knows a little something about frog fishing on Ovid too.  Hey Vince, you still need a partner for this event???  If so let me know.  I love frog fishing on Ovid!
Jay-Mad of "Team MadWags"
Jason Madigan

bob o