Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 04:04:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Frogs only? bob o's Lake Ovid event

Started by bob o, April 03, 2011, 05:05:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

bob o

Quote from: djkimmel on April 12, 2011, 08:17:09 PM
It's bob o's call. He's the 'tournament director.' I'm marking down August 13.

I hope Horny Toads count too!

yep horny toads do count, and August 13th is a go. i did get a campsite at sleepy hollow for the 12th and 13th, site #116 stop by and say hi.

dan, can you bring the scales and tub for the weigh-in?

karol

ok, where is sleepy hollow campground from the south bend area?

djkimmel

Quote from: bob o on April 12, 2011, 09:45:04 PM
Quote from: djkimmel on April 12, 2011, 08:17:09 PM
It's bob o's call. He's the 'tournament director.' I'm marking down August 13.

I hope Horny Toads count too!

yep horny toads do count, and August 13th is a go. i did get a campsite at sleepy hollow for the 12th and 13th, site #116 stop by and say hi.

dan, can you bring the scales and tub for the weigh-in?

I'll talk Genie into coming and bringing his.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

djkimmel

Quote from: karol on April 12, 2011, 10:09:48 PM
ok, where is sleepy hollow campground from the south bend area?

Get on I-69 to Lansing (pass my house - honk) to N US-127 on the North side of Lansing.

Go about 8 miles North on US-127 to exit at Price Rd - Sleepy Hollow State Park.

Go East (turn right) on Price Rd about 5.5 miles to main entrance or just past the 4-way stop at Shepardsville Rd on the left is a quick turn into the boat ramp (if you cross the bridge you missed it).

If you want to go to the campground instead keep going about a 1/2 mile past Shepardsville Rd on Price Rd to the main entrance on the left. Follow that to the campground sign.

Pretty easy and no skiers or jet skis. Just panfish anglers and some waterfowl. Oh, watch out for deer. Lots of deer.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Cy

Thedude and I will plan to bring a scale and stuff too. 

With Genie's new additions I don't think he will be able to leave the house except for diapers and formula for at least a year....maybe two!
Cyrus Ruel

West Michigan Bass
www.westmichiganbass.com

Xtreme Bass Tackle
www.xtremebasstackle.com

OST
www.ostusa.com

Westside Garage
www.westsidegarage.net

djkimmel

Quote from: Cy on April 13, 2011, 09:26:12 AM

With Genie's new additions I don't think he will be able to leave the house except for diapers and formula for at least a year....maybe two!

You're probably right since he peeked but did not reply to me. His head is probably spinning right now - times two!!

I'm going to take him off the needs list and count on you two instead - THANKS!!

Cy

Quote from: djkimmel on April 13, 2011, 03:47:49 PM
Quote from: Cy on April 13, 2011, 09:26:12 AM

You're probably right since he peeked but did not reply to me. His head is probably spinning right now - times two!!

I'm going to take him off the needs list and count on you two instead - THANKS!!

You better hold on there buddy...I think I spoke to soon.  After further review of calendars I don't think we can make it.  As it were we have tournament on that Sunday the 14th.  I will hard to go from a day on Ovid to a day on Muskegon and be worth a crap.  I think we have to pass and focus out attention on catching a good sack on Muskegon.  Sorry.
Cyrus Ruel

West Michigan Bass
www.westmichiganbass.com

Xtreme Bass Tackle
www.xtremebasstackle.com

OST
www.ostusa.com

Westside Garage
www.westsidegarage.net

djkimmel

Oh man... I wrote it in ink and everything! Guess I better help Genie out so he can fish by August!

Frank

im in, frogs are fun, might get a campsite or might not, but im fishin for sure.  Singles or partners, if its singles how many are allowed in a boat?

Frank

djkimmel

MIBasser

I just checked my weekend schedule and I shold be able to make it.  Sounds like a blast to me!

mikesmiph

A couple of those kinda remind me of an ex girlfriend.

fiker

I don't have anything on August 14th, but I can't make the 13th. 

So much water.  So many lures.  So little time.

Member of  Downriver Bass Association

www.buildwithmomentum.com 734.649.9390

djkimmel

I imagine there'll be some people still there on the 14th.

Bassfrog

This would be awesome! I am in for sure.

djkimmel

Be a good day to try out your frogs, Bassfrog!!

dartag

you Froggers need to watch the video like below. Scroll down to Chris Lane fishing Guntersville.  There are 4 segments for a couple hours of video.  

The Terry Scroggins videos are a flippers dream.  He gives a lot of good tips.

http://sports.espn.go.com/outdoors/bassmaster/fishingtips/livedayonthelake

bosshawg

is this event still a go?  do both anglers need to be a GLB member or open for all?

been interested in doing this and while still a time away, trying to set a summer schedule..  thanks!

good luck to you's fishing tomorrow.  our club out on sunday LSC for our golden rule tourney.
if it feels good - SET THE HOOK!!

Michigan Bass Busters

bob o

capt charlie's charters

Frogg'n only, if the dates right, I'm in...never been to Ovid, as long as there ain't no steel head, carp, or catfish swimming.  They call me "multi species man".
capt.