Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 12:37:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

BASS Northern Open Detroit River August 19 - 21, 2010

Started by djkimmel, November 11, 2009, 08:28:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

djkimmel

BASS Northern Open 2
Detroit River, Detroit, Mich.
August 19-21, 2010

http://sports.espn.go.com/outdoors/tournaments/opens/news/story?id=4492007#detroit

BASS announces schedule for 2010 Bassmaster Opens

Bassmaster Opens anglers: Due to technical difficulties, BASS will not be accepting online registration for 2010 Bassmaster Open events. Until further notice, registration is only available via telephone. Please call 877-BASS-USA

Full 2010 Schedules

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

motocross269

I registered for the BASS Open today as a Co angler...Hopefully I get in... ;D  Anyone else get signed up???

Josh, I will be expecting you to show me the ropes down there since you are the seasoned pro in these opens....... ;D  It should be a good time...

LAPORTE

I signed up as a CO as well, just got off the phone and ready to fish... It's gonna be a long wait though...

Don L
2008 Skeeter 20I " Thanks Robin"

markgoetsch

djkimmel

I might come and watch. Depends on some things I'm waiting on...

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

motocross269

Quote from: djkimmel on December 01, 2009, 02:34:58 PM

Come and watch????!!!!!!!!...C'mon dust off those rods and get out there.....    ;D

I am going to have to drag you out for a Team Tournament or something this year...You can't stay holed up in Lansing watching the river pass you by.... ;)

Change of subject...But....Is Famous Taco still open???  I need to get over there for some of their Burritos...

Durand Dan

Quote from: motocross269 on December 01, 2009, 11:53:59 PM
Quote from: djkimmel on December 01, 2009, 02:34:58 PM

Come and watch????!!!!!!!!...C'mon dust off those rods and get out there.....    ;D

I am going to have to drag you out for a Team Tournament or something this year...You can't stay holed up in Lansing watching the river pass you by.... ;)

Change of subject...But....Is Famous Taco still open???  I need to get over there for some of their Burritos...
http://www.originalfamoustaco.com/index.html

motocross269

Thanks...Next time I am in Lansing I am there....BBQ Beef Nachos rock.....

djkimmel

Things are not the same at some of the Famous Taco locations. Bankruptcy and a couple renames seem to have gone hand in hand with food changes. I think the original owners still own them in some capacity. I haven't been to the location DD posted in a while.

There are several new places, but the ones a I REALLY like have been around a while also. Al Dacos on South Cedar St near the I-96 interchange and Meijers - excellent food with a great buffet.

And El Sombreros just down the block from my house (the effect this has on my waistline is readily apparent) just South of the Mary Ave corner on Martin Luther King Blvd (M-99). They know my wife by my voice when she calls... that is a couple miles South of I-496. Being part Mexican on my Stepfather's side, I know my Mexican food!

As far as fishing, I could use a few more trips, but I'm working on that (44 days until Brazil!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ssshhhh don't get me started yet)

River Rat

Was anyone else surprised that when you register they are not able to tell you how far down the list you are like FLW does?!  I just thought it was odd that they don't have a database with a numerical reference... Anyways, I may be a Co or sitting on a park bench next to Dan waving bye-bye as you guys head out.

I wonder if the Famous Taco that DD posted is the same one I used to ride my bike to back in middle school...
Dearborn, MI and Lake Wales, FL

josh617

with them not having there internet sign up running i think they got completely slammed and they are suppose to send out notifications next week. Moto look forward to seeing down there this coming august. Anyone down for the southern open on the Big O in january?

BryanP

I entered Tuesday on the pro side and was told it's not full, and they have a lot more pros than co's. 

motocross269

Quote from: josh617 on December 04, 2009, 04:35:13 PM
with them not having there internet sign up running i think they got completely slammed and they are suppose to send out notifications next week. Moto look forward to seeing down there this coming august. Anyone down for the southern open on the Big O in january?

Sounds good...I am going to try to do all 3 in 2011...I just couldn't swing the time off this year....The only way I could do it is not to fish any other tournaments...That wouldn't be much fun...

LAPORTE

I just got my letter today.. I'm in as a co !!!!  Funny how you have to fill out an application and send it back....

Don L 
2008 Skeeter 20I " Thanks Robin"

motocross269

I got mine too... ;D

gr@ssmonkey

Quote from: BryanP on December 04, 2009, 08:17:47 PM
I entered Tuesday on the pro side and was told it's not full, and they have a lot more pros than co's. 

bryanP,just wondering if you entered them all or just one...wondering if you can just get into 1
last year i got into just the chesapeake bay tournament (it was an  aewsomeley good time)

River Rat

I received my confirmation in the mail earlier this week, too.  Here's keeping the fingers crossed for a good draw!
Dearborn, MI and Lake Wales, FL

BryanP

I entered just the one event.  I called BASS today and they have 107 pros confirmed, with 49 more on the wait list.  As of now I'm 25 on the wait list.  So they need co-anglers.

gr@ssmonkey

thanks bryanP keep us updated....tring to gather funds to fish it myself....boater would be nice but co-angler if thats all i can afford

motocross269

Monkey...It is a pretty good payout for Cos and a chance to win a boat...

Bryan I will start working on some Co anglers hopefully we can fill the field...Do you think the big time pros wait to commit????