Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 08:14:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

BASS Northern Open Detroit River August 19 - 21, 2010

Started by djkimmel, November 11, 2009, 08:28:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

mikesmiph

Very glad to see you back dashaver. Happy its working out. Cant wait to see you on the water somewhere.

motocross269

Quote from: dashaver63 on March 04, 2010, 05:07:52 PM
Now that my health issues are behind me, hopfully, I decided to enter the BASS Open a couple weeks ago ang got my invitation today. I'm also fishing the BFL on July 17th. I'd like to be able to fish the DK in May but I'll have wait to see on that. I had to have a brain aneurysm repaired back in December and the recovery has been very slow. My doctor told me I would be back to 100% by then. I'm just very glad the doctors found it before it was too late. Looking forward to seeing everbody again.

That is the first I heard of this......Glad all is well....

LAPORTE

Im very glad to hear your doing well Doug. I look forward to chatting with you this spring.

Don
2008 Skeeter 20I " Thanks Robin"

McCarter

Doug, Glad your ok.  Heres to a healthy season!

McCarter himself :-\'

dashaver63

Thanks guy's. Everything happened so fast I didn't have a chance to let anyone know what was going on. I've got cabin fever something fierce right now, just got the OK to start driving again and I'm going back to work Monday. I'm thinking next Saturday I'll try to make to the Rossford Bass Pro for the Lake Erie smallmouth seminars.

champion_206

glad your OK , you may not know who I am but I remember a lonng time ago you fished with a good friend of mine in a BFL, Linda Bennett, I met you then. As we all shot the sh## after the tourney, my cousin just passed a week ago of cancer at the age of 49, we fished and hunted together, ya just never know, On a bright note, I received my confirmation as a boater for the open.
(Certified Evinrude Mechanic) Anglers Marine, Evinrude, Champion Boats,Crooked Creek Pro Staff

Eric

I still hadn't heard anything about my spot in the opens so I called.  When I got a person on the phone, she transfered me to a dead line.  Next time I called I got sent to a voicemail of some lady whose message said she was out of the office until the 23rd.  Next time I got sent to the same voicemail.  I tried the customer service email address and got a call back the next day.  She told me I was "well within the 175", but I was 12 on the waiting list for Champlain, in for Detroit, and 22 on the list for Chesapeake.  She told me that co-anglers are really slow to sign up this year for some reason.   So we'll see I guess.
www.ReelResponseSolutions.com
www.BassinWithEric.com

jgip087

I think this event will be a little larger than the Erie one last fall because it is in a better location. Hopefully it draws well. I am not signed up to fish it yet but am seriously thinking about it as a boater. I just don't have enough free time to travel as much as I want to this summer. I have tournaments this year on Champlain, Erie, Potomac, and in NC along with a bunch of other things  but maybe I can get the extra week off from my summer job.
www.sure-life.com - please help ensure the
survival of your catch
www.poorboysbaits.com

dashaver63

OK guy's, who's all going to be there? I'm getting geared up and ready to fish! Haven't been on the big water in a while and I'm getting tired of going through gear from 2 years ago. I'll be getting my tube jigs this week end and some more drop shot baits. It's about time to get this party started! I just got my Save Phace face mask cleaned up and de-cobwebbed, I'm sure that will come in handy, I always draw 1 pro with a single console that likes to run like his pants are on fire. (man that hurts)

Eric

I will be arriving Saturday night to start practicing Sunday.  I have room in my room if someone is looking for a room, and a seat in my boat if someone is looking to practice Sunday-Wednesday.
www.ReelResponseSolutions.com
www.BassinWithEric.com

LAPORTE

2008 Skeeter 20I " Thanks Robin"

markgoetsch

I'm in and I'll be practicing all this weekend.  Hopefully the fish will cooperate better than they did for the wonderland.

Team houston

Remember you can only practice with someone who is in the tourny on the official practice days. (Mon-Wed)

MBell

Quote from: Team houston on August 09, 2010, 01:16:18 PM
Remember you can only practice with someone who is in the tourny on the official practice days. (Mon-Wed)
FYI wait listed anglers are not considered "comptetitors" and also cannot practice.
-Matt

MIBassKid

http://sports.espn.go.com/outdoors/tournaments/opens/news/story?page=opens_preview_2010_NO2

Ha it was weird to open up a page in ESPN and see this picture. Hopefully he does well and keeps a strong season going.

djkimmel

Look sharp guys and gals. I'll be there taking picture and videos on Friday and Saturday for GreatLakesBass.com. Hope you all finish up there at the top!

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

markgoetsch

Well the pros are already starting to show up I launched out of erie metro yesterday and saw Kotaro Kiriyama.  Man it must be nice to prefish for over a week for a tx.  I can't wait to fish against these guys!

djkimmel

Yeah. Pressure might be a little greater too. Don't really catch 'em, you're eating beanie weanies for dinner...

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

bosshawg

talked to paul S. and hoping to volunteering there for the 3 days.
if it feels good - SET THE HOOK!!

Michigan Bass Busters

djkimmel

Good. I'm going to need a camera boat!! Hope there's some available.