Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 11:26:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

cool color jig

Started by McCarter, March 24, 2009, 01:38:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

McCarter

A customer up in GR asked me to tie him up a custom color jig and it looked so cool i decided to name it after him.  Here it is, not the best pic but its essentially watermelon skirt with a few strands of orange pepper on tbe bottom and some blue pepper mixed in on top. We are gonna call it Monzo after the guy who asked for it, Martin Monzo.  His name is cool enough to make our color chart ;)

I like it and have already tied up 5 for me, myself, and I.  But i will have them at the Wonderland Show this weekend if anyone else likes it enough to buy there own.

McCarter himself :-\'

Cheetam

Jeff

t-bone

Very nice, Save me one - I should get to Wonderland this weekend and will look you up.

Terry
Terry Bone
Bass Anglers of Michigan
The Bass Boys - TBF Club
2013 Ranger z520c w/ Evinrude ETEC 250

McCarter

Well since posting the picture last night or should i say early this morning, we have had 4 orders for this color totaling 18 jigs.  so im thinking we will just bring this color to the show ;)  maybe a couple McCarter Magics too, you know, just to feed my ego ;D

DDBethke

Looks Sweet, I would have called it the Gilbert though ;D, that may be a Pinckney thing however?

I'm bummed I won't be @ the Wonderland's great show this year (Wedding in Maryland) have a good time!

Duane
Please Like my Facebook Page for the best Power-Pole pricing available!                                             http://www.facebook.com/TournamentReadyTackle
Optimum Baits Pro Staff
http://www.optimumbaits.com/
Reins Pro-Staff (Tungsten/Soft Plastics)
http://reinsfishing.com/
Twitter
http://twitter.com/DDBethke
Blog
http://duanebethkefishing.blogspot.com/

Waterfoul

Oh man this is going to go right to his 18 year old head!  Can't wait to forward this thread to him.

Way to go Brian... there will be NO LIVING WITH HIM now!!  LOL!!!

He's a great kid, and a heck of a bass fisherman.  And he's MY partner! 
Looks like work is going to get in the way of me getting to the Wonderland show.  Dang.

Mike
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

1javelin

Is that tied on a Revenge jighead, or are you doing your own jigheads too?  Just wondering, I may have to pick a few up with some custom colors of my own. 

1Jav
Live to fish, Fish to live.

McCarter

we pour the heads ourselves.  its a new mold design and we modified it to fit the screw lock around the hook.  we paint them ourselves, too.  what colors you have in mind?  i would have to say the funnest part of making stuff is doin custom stuff.  its always cool to hear other peoples ideas on colors and combos.

if its a secret, just pm me ;)

cr

What about my White/Chartreuse, and just White?

McCarter

refresh my memory charles.  i have both tied but couldnt remember why i did them???

cr

The customer is always right, right?  :) ;D   No I didn't order any, just suggested the colors on the post where you were asking for input on colors, months ago. Might pick some up this weekend though . 

McCarter

did you want swim jigs?

if so, you want a little flashabou in them?

cr

Yeah, maybe, how about both ? White, White/Flashabou, White/Chartreuse, White/Chartreuse/Flashabou. Do I detect skepticism in your post ? Don't like White jigs?

play for keeps

wow that is a really good looking color.... and monzo is such a cool name for a jig

lol ;)
nemesis baits

palehorse custom rods

TCook

Ill take 1000 3/8oz Fugly's and I need them by next Monday

FISH HARD!!!

McCarter

Quote from: CR on March 25, 2009, 10:56:06 PM
Yeah, maybe, how about both ? White, White/Flashabou, White/Chartreuse, White/Chartreuse/Flashabou. Do I detect skepticism in your post ? Don't like White jigs?

love em.  i ask cuz im tying up some very nice lookin swimmers.  i will ti some up for you.

Monzo,

nicely done my friend!

Tim,

we are still workin on your 2000 mean pumpkin 5" sickos

bassassasin88

Do you tie them with wire? Im done buying skirts with the rubber bands.

McCarter

we sure do.  i hate rubber collars.

Waterfoul

If you haven't seen Brian's jigs, you should order some.  They are top notch and well made.  I have quite a few now and I'm sure I'll be buying more of them over the course of the season.  And some gobies!!  You have to check out his gobies!!
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

play for keeps

i agree, brians jig are some of the best ive seen, and the twist wire keeper really locks any chunk you want to put on it, youll destroy the chunck before it slides down the shank :o
nemesis baits

palehorse custom rods