Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 11:57:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

cool color jig

Started by McCarter, March 24, 2009, 01:38:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lightningboy

The screw lock design on the jigs is awesome, "lock" is the right word.  But to have it backing up a well designed stand up head makes for a winner for sure.

But now we need a good flappy chunk with floating claws behind it, don't we?

(hint, hint)  ;D

McCarter

I cant take all the credit, Chris had as much to do with our jig as I.  We are both very happy with how t came out.  we have a new surprise now. nothing big, but just a little something extra on select color Nemesis Upskirt Jigs.  Those who can make it to Wonderland can get a glimpse.  Again, nothing big...just a little extra spice.

Thanks for the kind words Gents!

McCarter himself :-\'

fasttrack

Nice to meet you at the GR show, McCarter! I look forward to trying out the baits I got from you. I also plan to order some more - maybe this coming week if time allows (I'll be in Chicago at a class all week for work but my evenings are free and the wife won't see what I'm ordering!) See ya

Marc
aka Fasttrack
Interstate Batteries      Rocket Marketing
Fast Track Appraisals   West Marine
Nemesis Baits              Kustom Kicker Jigs
CD's Engine Service     J&H Oil

skeeterman190

A little birdy (TCOOK) told me about a 19+ bag that was caught today on the NEMESIS jig. sure he'll put some pictures up.
NEVER GIVE UP!!!

Gary Yamamota Baits
www.baits.com
Ice Mountain Water
www.icemountainwater.com

TCook

I must say this is the first time I tied on a nemesis upskirt jig and I am very impressed. Today I started throwing many different jigs with 0 bites and put on the upskirt jig and started hammering them. Fished a lake in South Bend with my buddy Jason and we cought 7 keepers each, his best 5 went 14 pounds and my best 5 went 19-8. He was not throwing the upskirt jig, here are some pics of a few of the better ones.
4-10

4-00

3-10

FISH HARD!!!

1javelin

Good job Tim, sounded like you were having fun.  I'll take 1000 of the fugly ducklings also!!!  Make sure they have the neon pink flashabou in them!!!!!!!!!!!  I'll pm you when I'm ready though.

1Jav
Live to fish, Fish to live.

play for keeps

wow id say the upskirt jig puting about 5 lbs on the other jig is no fluke, looks like proof that the nemesis jig just flat out catches fish....i cant wait to throw the monzo jig and keep the rest of my jigs in the box
nemesis baits

palehorse custom rods

fiker

Was at Wonderland for the show yesterday. 
Couldn't decide on which color to buy, so I bought one of each. 
I really like the head style, and the way it hides the knot.  It also looks like it'll make the jig stand up real nice. 
Chris and Brian were showing me in the tank how much the flashabou flairs out the skirt.  Nice.
Another thing I thought was pretty cool was the colored weed guards. 
The wire wrap is a great idea.  Too many skirts have been lost to rubber band type collars. 
I might be wrong but I think the spring/trailer holder is unique to Nemesis jigs as well.
Can't wait to get on the water and try em.
So much water.  So many lures.  So little time.

Member of  Downriver Bass Association

www.buildwithmomentum.com 734.649.9390

TCook

I dont think it was a fluke, a northern took the only one I had with me and I never had a bite for the rest of the day (5 hours). Atleast on that lake on that day the upskirt jig made all the difference in the world and it just happened to be the first time I ever used one. Could that be a coincidence? hmm very unlikley. It really had my buddy Jason scratching his head trying to find something similar but he just could not get any big bites with whatever jig he tried. His 7 keepers were all smaller than my smallest of the day and he was in the front of the boat putting his jig in the same cover before me.
   The features I think that stand out from other jigs are of course the screw lock, (keeps your trailers in place and they last forever) also the head is a great design and paired with a floating trailer stands up and really looks like a crawfish in a defensive mode when resting on the bottom. But most of all I think the rubber skirts that he uses makes a big difference, it really flares out when in the water and I beleive very enticing to the bass. The only thing these jigs are missing in my opinion is a quality rattle but you can add those yourself when they are needed.

T
FISH HARD!!!

Waterfoul

Well, I guess I should order some more then. 

Look for my order guys!  :D
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

skeeterman190

There was no fluke. This time of year you really need a jig that kinda slowly falls and then really sets up nicely on the bottom and sits in there face. With Tims deal.. i have my opinion on to why the Nemesis jig caught the bigger fish. It pretty much all goes back to the previous statement. As i personally know the jig the other guy was fishing. It falls much faster and was getting the reaction strikes from the active fish. Which in this case was the smaller of the population. But i also seen it(faster jig) catch a 5.9 after a slower presentation was set in front of its face on Sunday. I personally have a jig that i have sworn by for years that I throw. Upon creation of these jigs they are now going to be a staple in my jig fishing arsenal. im a huge jig fisherman and if i had to choose one bait to throw for the rest of my days on the water that would be it.  The screw-lok trailer keeper is the best thing ive ever seen on a jig. The rattle deal is not a problem,you can easily place you won. And the skirts are very sweet and will really attract attention to them when others do not.-skeeterman-
NEVER GIVE UP!!!

Gary Yamamota Baits
www.baits.com
Ice Mountain Water
www.icemountainwater.com

McCarter

Tim, you are the man.  Glad the jigs worked for you.

We sold the crap out of Monzo as well as many other stock and custom colors at the WMW Extravaganza.  My fingers hurt from all the tying.  And even last night after it was all over and i was tucked into bed, i dreamed about tying jigs all night. 

Thanks for all the compliments on the Upskirt Jig and the colors we are makin. 

We managed to move a few of the new Swim Jigs as well.  The guys who throw them said it was the best swim jig they had seen.  I dont think this technique has really caught on with most people but it is sometimes the best way to put a huge bag together in short order.  People really like the screw lock on the swim jig to keep there trailer from coming off when they are skipping the swimmer under a dock or ripping it over cover.

We have another new color that we did for Cody Harris.  I think i will wait a little while before posting a picture of it.  The aftermath from posting the Monzo jig was intense.  Love every minute of it, but now we need to get some sleep :D

I will say that 'Codys Craw' will be following closely in Monzos footsteps.

Waterfoul

Order sent!

Thanks for fixing the site so fast!
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

McCarter

Mike,

Just got your order.  Thank You.  We will be working on it tonite so look for it in the next couple of days.

macbass

mccarter good to meet and talk to you at wonderland...if you get time to do smoe fishing on the west side this summer give us a yell

IF ITS NOT A CAT ITS A DOG: BASSCAT PERFORMANCE BOATS www.thedropshotdenny.com www.hookednhunted.com

McCarter

you too man, if i get out that way i know who to call.

play for keeps

thats fricken sweet that you sold a bunch of the monzo's......once again thanks for putting my name on it...its still blowing my mind
nemesis baits

palehorse custom rods

bassassasin88

Im really into the living rubber jigs right now. Such as the new Booyah jigs. With a little silicone thrown in. You doing anything like that? Also football jigs. The swim jig is gonna blow up this year, tons of exposure lately, I know im gonna try it.

McCarter

you have to be careful when combining living rubber and silicone.  they tend to melt together in some cases.  we have found that hydro silk ( like round rubber, but actually hollow ) works well with silicone.  The only color we have as a stock color that we use silicone and hydro is Fugly.  I tie a few specials for myself with starflash.  Its round rubber with flake on the outside.  Very responsive material that is a little thicker and stiffer than standard round rubber and has a wicked flair.  i use this for flippin/pitching.  It makes a huge difference.  ive said too much.

t-bone

Order sent - the wife kept me busy and I couldn't make the show...
Terry Bone
Bass Anglers of Michigan
The Bass Boys - TBF Club
2013 Ranger z520c w/ Evinrude ETEC 250