Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 06:58:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

cool color jig

Started by McCarter, March 24, 2009, 01:38:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dashaver63

I just have 1 question I was wondering about. Could I get some jigs without the trailer keeper? Or would a rattle band fit over it? It occurred to me today when I was getting ready to order. I only really use the bands when the water is really dirty so a few of both would be good for me.

TCook

The bands will fit around them with no problem
FISH HARD!!!

McCarter

You can take a pen cap and cut the end of it off ( make sure you use a pointy pen cap) and then drill a hole in the end of it.  Then you can slip the cap onto the hook and push it up over the screw lock.  then you can slide the collar over the cap and onto the collar of the jig.  be careful when doing it tho, i put a few hooks points into my hands and fingers.

I can tie rattles onto the jig with the wire.  i did a couple last night.  takes a little longer but its no big deal really.

McCarter himself :-\'

dashaver63

Order sent. I really like oranges and reds in my jigs, especially in the spring. That Monzo jig will really look nice with a green pumpkin Zoom superchunk with red spike-it on the claws.

dashaver63

Ok, now all I need are some soft plastic buzz baits, frogs, shad or whatever. Went through a bag of those mean pumpkin worms yesterday so I'll probably be ordering more of those pretty soon too.

t-bone

It was great to see a wall full of Nemesis baits at KD's yesterday. Picked up some Nemesis Sickos

Heading to Dale Hollow on Thursday, I'll let you know how I do...
Terry Bone
Bass Anglers of Michigan
The Bass Boys - TBF Club
2013 Ranger z520c w/ Evinrude ETEC 250

McCarter

You catch some Doug?

dashaver63

Sure did. Fished a body of water I've never been on before in a tournament yesterday. Took me a little bit, but I put together a decent pattern wacky rigging your stick baits on secondary points, and mean pumpkin was the only color they would bite. Water dropped only about 3 or 4 degrees from Saturday, but it was enough to push them back out to the deeper points and put off bedding for a while again. 15 inch limit on this lake, and I had to get through 20 or so short fish to get my 5. Finished second with 16.09. Not bad for never seeing that lake untill launch yesterday.

skeeterman190

Nice job.. I cant wait till i can go to a lake with Nothing but 1 rod and a Sicko tied on.. come on warm water.. it so close i can feel it i finally got some yesterday on them!
NEVER GIVE UP!!!

Gary Yamamota Baits
www.baits.com
Ice Mountain Water
www.icemountainwater.com

McCarter

Thats awesome.  There is nothing that makes us happier than you guys having success on our baits.  Keep it up!

skeeterman190

And we enjoy catching fish on a quality product. Thanks and u keep it chugging along. thanks again buddy
NEVER GIVE UP!!!

Gary Yamamota Baits
www.baits.com
Ice Mountain Water
www.icemountainwater.com

dashaver63

I second that. And those baits are durable. For all the fish I caught and to only go through one bag, especially wacky rigging them. I just took the stick off and turned it a little to get new plastic to stick it through.
The cool part of these tournaments are that it is my son's first experience tournament bass fishing. He actually put the first fish in the boat for us Sunday too. Now I just have to get him to pay attention to how he caught his fish so he can try to duplicate his catch. It's gonna be a fun summer.

t-bone

Picked up my Nemesis Jigs and a couple bags of Gobies from McCarter (himself) yesterday. The jigs are great looking, hopefully the fish will thing so too. I'll have one tied on this weekend down in Tennessee. He wants me to catch a world record smallie for him - it's good to have a goal!

(Brian - thanks for the extra bag of samples - I'll spread them around to my fishing buddies! More chances for that world record)
Terry Bone
Bass Anglers of Michigan
The Bass Boys - TBF Club
2013 Ranger z520c w/ Evinrude ETEC 250