Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 29, 2024, 10:17:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

2007 Spring DK Open Results - May 12 Lake St. Clair

Started by djkimmel, May 13, 2007, 07:37:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

djkimmel

Another DK Open has come and gone - this time the first ever spring paper tournament version Saturday, May 12, 2007 on Lake St. Clair and the new CHAMPIONS ARE:

cast n blast (Skip), MadWags (Jason –the Mad part) and csfishslayer (Chris) with a whopping 5 smallmouth limit of 21 pounds 6 ounces!!! Congratulations anglers!!! – Check out the updated only online virtual plaque at: http://www.greatlakesbass.com/fishing/dkopenhx.html

Here are the full results (1st name is the boater):

Place – Anglers# - WeightBig Bass
1.  cast n blast, MadWags, csfishslayer   5 – 21-6  4-14
2.  mjm6, sensai steve, djkimmel   5 – 17-12  3-13
3.  MaizeNBlue, stackenem   5 – 17-10  4-0
4.  VinceR, bassackward, Ryan   5 – 17-0  3-14
5.  yukonjack2, Hooksetter, Team Houston   5 – 15-7  3-11
6.  richie33, TCook   5 – 14-8  3-12
7.  ABA, MiBassKid   5 – 14-8  3-8
8.  MadWags, Dan, jerkbait   5 – 13-0  3-0
9.  Langer, fiker50   5 – 11-4  2-12
10. Revtro, ABA Jaye   5 – 10-15  3-0
11. Dartag, jcheetam   5 – 10-11  3-2
12. Fowlmouth, motocross269   5 – 10-7  2-4

Additional awards:
Big Bass – cast n blast for a 4-14 smallie.
2nd Big Bass – stackenem for a 4-0 smallie.

And from the OTHER FISH category, we had a number sheephead brought in and the winner is – stackenem again!!!

Pictures coming soon (thanks to our 'official' photographer fiker50)

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

djkimmel

Despite the less than perfect conditions - cold front, water temp drop, stained to muddy water and stiff Northerly winds, the fishing was still pretty good. Everyone got a tournament limit and many of us probably learned some more things about these fish that we chase after. I know we did in mjm6's boat considering the spots we were fishing (all mjm6's spots - thanks Mike - on which there was a thought the bass might have vacated with the conditions).

Here's what I'd like to highlight right now - the DK Open is a small event, but thanks to all your participation on GreatLakesBass.com we have excellent support from many sponsors and other companies.

The entry is only $7 for the DK Open because it is all about the members hanging out and enjoying what we are all here for - FISHING! But I like to provide some additional incentive to those who come together for the event and the sponsors are more than willing to help out. So here we go:

1st place:  cast n blast, MadWags, csfishslayer - $100 and they split a $50 gift certificate courtesy of Wonderland Marine West, a custom lure pack courtesy of Xtreme Bass Tackle and a copy of The Angler's Genie courtesy of Genie and BTI.
  As the winning boater, cast n blast received a custom crankbait and t-shirt courtesy of Carolina Chip, and cast n blast also received a copy of Seth Burrill's Drop Shot DVD for his 4-12 big bass of the DK Open.

2nd place:  mjm6, sensai steve, djkimmel - $60 and they split a $50 gift certificate courtesy of Wonderland Marine West, a custom lure pack courtesy of Xtreme Bass Tackle and a copy of The Angler's Genie courtesy of Genie and BTI.
  As the 2nd place boater, mjm6 received a custom crankbait and t-shirt courtesy of Carolina Chip. He also received a new Team Skeeter tournament shirt donated by stackenem.

3rd place:  MaizeNBlue, stackenem - $36 and they each received a boat cleaning kit courtesy of Wonderland Marine West.
  As the 3rd place boater, MaizeNBlue received a custom crankbait and t-shirt courtesy of Carolina Chip. stackenam also received a $25 gas card for 2nd big bass courtesy of Xtreme Bass Tackle and the biggest 'other' fish award for his sheephead of a Doug Hannon's WaveCast spinning reel courtesy of Shamrock Rod and Reel.

4th place:  VinceR got a Mercury hat courtesy of Wonderland Marine West as the next highest Mercury motor owner.

5th place:  yukonjack2, Hooksetter, Team houston received new Ranger Boats hats courtesy of Wonderland Marine West (2) and MadWags (1).

6th place: richie33 got 2 gallons of YamaLube as the next highest finishing Yamaha Motors owner courtesy of Wonderland Marine West.

MadWags (David), Dan, Langer and fiker50 all received Dock Locks courtesy of ABA (ANTHONY ADAMS) as the next highest finishing boat owners.

stackenem donated 4 tackle boxes that went to (I might have goofed up the records on this?) Revtro, ABA Jaye, dartag and jcheetam (someone let me know if I got this wrong).

A new Luck of the Irish award was given to richie33 for sharing the luckiest fish story of the day – he received a green Yamaha hat courtesy of Wonderland Marine West.

Everyone who wanted some got a sample of new lures also courtesy of ABA, and a number of anglers received sample lures courtesy of Xtreme Bass Tackle from the GreatLakesBass.com prize vault.

Please remember the companies that help make GreatLakesBass.com and our events possible when you're considering purchases and services. Thanks to:
Wonderland Marine West
Xtreme Bass Tackle
The Angler's Genie from BTI
Carolina Chip
Shamrock Rod and Reel
Seth Burrill's Axfishing.com
ABA (ANTHONY ADAMS)
stackenem
MadWags

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

djkimmel

Some pictures from the event (thanks fiker50).

Participants hand in their paper weigh slips to WayneC (Wayne Carpenter) - owner of Xtreme Bass Tackle while I check them off. This is my boater partner for the day mjm6.

WayneC sorts through the weigh slips while I go through the 'prize vault' preparing the prizes for the award ceremony.

Anglers do some 'networking' while the weights are tallied and sorted. From L to R, here's bassackward, jerkbait and ABA Jaye.

Congratulations to 2007 Spring DK Open Champs cast n blast, csfishslayer and MadWags (Jason). 5 smallies weighing 21-6 with cast n blast's 4-14 whopper big bass.

2nd place boater and nonboater - the team I was also on - mjm6 and sensai steve.

3rd place team nonboater stackenem and boater MaizeNBlue had a great day too. I'm in the background going through the prize vault with Langer and fowlmouth on the far right.

stackenem had a great day and he's pretty happy to win the $25 gas card courtesy of Xtreme Bass Tackle for his 2nd Big Bass award. mjm6 watches in the background right.

We had an 'other' big fish contest so those who wanted to could bring any legally caught in-season fish for an additional award. From left to right - MiBassKid, bassackward, yukonjack2 and the 'other' big fish winner - stackenem!!

The 2007 Spring DK Open anglers from left to right kneeling first:
djkimmel, Ryan, mjm6, MadWags (David), stackenem, Dan
Standing row:
cast n blast, richie33, TCook, fiker50, Langer, bassackward, Revtro, jerkbait, VinceR, MadWags (Jason), fowlmouth, sensai steve, yukonjack2, MiBassKid, Team houston, jcheetam, Hooksetter, dartag, csfishslayer, ABA Jaye, ABA, MaizeNBlue

motocross260 had to leave before the pictures where taken. (If I got anyone wrong... just let me know.)

robtheboatman

Looks like everyone had a fun day.  I wish I could have made it, but had to sell boats instead.  I will definatley try to make the next one.
Rob

djkimmel

Understand Rob - We do REALLY appreciate the wonderful prize package you put together!!! The anglers who fish the event all seem to be very glad they made it.

Langer

Wayne County Bass Anglers
-2008 President

Skip Johnson

heres some pics from chris's camera.
Go Big or Go Home!

Dan

Hey Fliker50,
Could you email me a full KB group shot. Thanks
dshinebassman@yahoo.com
"Not in the clamor of the crowded streets nor in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but within oneself lies victory or defeat."

motocross269

Sorry I had to leave early but OT has been scarce at the Blue oval.  Saturdays are pretty much what pays the fishing bills.  Thanks to Dan for puting this on and all of the sponsors.  Also thanks to Fowlmouth for taking me out.  I had a great time.

stackenem

Thanks Dan for a great time. Alos thanks to maize for showing me where to go if I ever get my boat out there. I think I can remember how to get there even tho Maize & blue tried to make me forget everything LOL. Yes it still hurts.
Remember you don't quit fishing when you get old, you get old when you quit fishing

fiker

Dan,
Quote from: Dan on May 14, 2007, 02:03:22 PM
Hey Fliker50,
Could you email me a full KB group shot. Thanks
dshinebassman@yahoo.com

I took the pics, but it was with DK's camera.  You'll have to get them from him. 

Sorry.
Rick
So much water.  So many lures.  So little time.

Member of  Downriver Bass Association

www.buildwithmomentum.com 734.649.9390

MadWags

Had a fun day with Dan and Jerkbait. We enjoyed finessing fish off beds in a sun soaked cove with no wind.
I think everyone had fun catching lots of fish. Dan boated several beautiful Sunfish. We took our time and enjoyed the day.
Original song and lyrics by "MadWags"

What's with the news these days on the TV and the radio. Can't find the truth amongst the lies. Some talking head that claims to live their life in a better way, says I have to compromise. But now there's something on the rise. Truth has opened up my eyes. There's no running from your dirty lies. You can't avoid the truth. I'll no longer close my eyes.

Dan

How long do the smallies stay shallow Madwags? If the weather cooperates I would like to come back over and try my luck and see if I can get one of those six poundas. Got to get my boat out yet and get it checked out.
"Not in the clamor of the crowded streets nor in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but within oneself lies victory or defeat."

motocross269

Something pretty cool that happened to us Saturday during the tourney that I forgot to mention....Fowlmouth and I were fishing around metro beach and these 2 guys in a bass boat ask us how we were doing.  We were one fish under our limit at that time and working pretty hard to finish.  They asked us if we had any chatterbaits or buzzbaits because they were doing really well on them.  I didn't have any so the guy TMs over to our boat and hands us one of each brand new in the bag.  I thought that was really cool. We of course offered to pay for them, but he wouldn't take any money.
Fowlmouth tied on the chatterbait and we pretty much rounded out our limit shortly after that.  That is what fishing is all about. 

djkimmel

Wow - who were those guys? That's what people need to hear more about our 'brotherhood' (and sisterhood)!

Dan - what picture are you wanting - the last one above of everyone?

Dan

djkimmel

Dan,
If the group picture on this thread is exactly what you need, you can just right-click on it and 'save image as...' right to your PC. You'll have the same thing right away that I would send you.

You can do that to most pictures on the forum and other web sites (some block the right-click and copyright rules apply, but I give you permission to save a copy of that picture file).

Dan

Yes but.... wouldn't the pixel resolution be lower? I would like to print it and without the original you get a poor quality print. Looks good on the computer though when you check the one out that I drug out it only is 56kb.

Revtro

Quote from: motocross269 on May 14, 2007, 09:55:32 PM
Something pretty cool that happened to us Saturday during the tourney that I forgot to mention....Fowlmouth and I were fishing around metro beach and these 2 guys in a bass boat ask us how we were doing.  We were one fish under our limit at that time and working pretty hard to finish.  They asked us if we had any chatterbaits or buzzbaits because they were doing really well on them.  I didn't have any so the guy TMs over to our boat and hands us one of each brand new in the bag.  I thought that was really cool. We of course offered to pay for them, but he wouldn't take any money.
Fowlmouth tied on the chatterbait and we pretty much rounded out our limit shortly after that.  That is what fishing is all about. 

How cool is that?  I said it before and I'll say it again; the GLB members are some of the most genuinely nice people I've seen on the water... but it's awesome to hear about other folks like this. 
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

dartag

i forgot  Cheetam caught a Tagged or New Baltimore Punk Walleye.  it had a metal tag in it's jaw.  i know them east side eyes are tough so it may have been imitating the kids on shore.  he took a photo maybe he will post it..