Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 29, 2024, 09:07:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

2007 Spring DK Open Results - May 12 Lake St. Clair

Started by djkimmel, May 13, 2007, 07:37:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cheetam

Quote from: dartag on May 15, 2007, 04:50:16 PM
i forgot  Cheetam caught a Tagged or New Baltimore Punk Walleye.  it had a metal tag in it's jaw.  i know them east side eyes are tough so it may have been imitating the kids on shore.  he took a photo maybe he will post it..
It was a smallmouth with a metal band clipped to it's upper jaw.  I took a pic thinking I would be able to read the numbers, but either my eye sight is bad or I took a really bad picture...anyways, it was the first tagged fish I have ever caught out there.
Jeff

MadWags

Fish are coming off the beds but will remain shallow as long as the weather stays cool and the boat traffic light. Even so the first stop for the fish leaving is the emerging weed lines in 8 to 12 ft  of water. They pretty much follow the food source. There is plenty of shallow fish still.
Original song and lyrics by "MadWags"

What's with the news these days on the TV and the radio. Can't find the truth amongst the lies. Some talking head that claims to live their life in a better way, says I have to compromise. But now there's something on the rise. Truth has opened up my eyes. There's no running from your dirty lies. You can't avoid the truth. I'll no longer close my eyes.

Ryan

I would like to thank Dan for putting on another fun filled DK Open, you had some really nice prizes this year.  I had a great day in the boat with two really nice guys, Vince and Shane, and I learned a lot from both of them.  We didn't catch a ton of them, but the ones we did get were nice ones.  For my first ever trip to St. Clair, I was pretty impressed. 

Thanks again for the ride Vince, I really appreciate it and it was cool getting to know you.

Here is a picture of one of Shane's dandy St.Clair smallmouths.

I look forward to fishing future DK Opens!

-Ryan

dartag

Quote from: jcheetam on May 15, 2007, 08:42:43 PM
i forgot  Cheetam caught a Tagged or New Baltimore Punk Walleye.  it had a metal tag in it's jaw.  i know them east side eyes are tough so it may have been imitating the kids on shore.  he took a photo maybe he will post it..
It was a smallmouth with a metal band clipped to it's upper jaw.  I took a pic thinking I would be able to read the numbers, but either my eye sight is bad or I took a really bad picture...anyways, it was the first tagged fish I have ever caught out there.

jeez and you say your eyesite is bad.  guess it was a smallie.  my excuse is my eyes are old.   :D :D

Jay-MadWags

Thanks again Skip, I  had a "blast" with you and Chris out on St. Clair.  I really learned a lot (especially about fishing line)  ;).  I just wish I still had that killer rattle trap.  Maybe next time I'll take you up on that net.  Oh well, I guess that is what BassPro Shops is for right??

Who was the photographer that decided to cut me out of the "The First Place Team Photo"??  I do remember fishing from cast n blast's boat.  Even if Skip bumped all my fish off the board. . . .
What's up with that??
Jay-Mad of "Team MadWags"
Jason Madigan

VinceR

Thank you for the kind words, Ryan. I had a great time. I just wish that the weather had cooperated, and that you could have had the oportunity to see St. Clair in it's glory. Believe me, it is addictive. Oh, and by the way, guys, most of our fish came from the water that you see in the picture. We fished in water that looked like that for most of the day. I have come to believe that water clarity has a greater effect on the fishermen than it does the fish.

Dan, these tournaments were a great idea. It's getting to where I really look forward to these events. Just competitive enough to be fun, but laid back enough to keep it fun.

And just so that you know, I helped this time. Not just with the net. ;)

djkimmel

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

djkimmel

Quote from: Dan on May 15, 2007, 12:54:21 PM
Yes but.... wouldn't the pixel resolution be lower? I would like to print it and without the original you get a poor quality print. Looks good on the computer though when you check the one out that I drug out it only is 56kb.

Ok - just needed to know the intent I guess. I purposefully lowered the resolution for the web site to save space and mostly download time. I also cropped it quite a bit.

Let's make this easy in case anyone else wants a copy: go to this web address (pull up an image only) to bring up the original digital shot full size - the do the right click and save - should be around 700KB: http://www.greatlakesbass.com/images/w07dkopensall014.jpg

Then, if you want the full size/resolution, but cropped (around 369KB) in a tighter to the anglers, use this address: http://www.greatlakesbass.com/images/w07dkopensallcr014.jpg

Let me know if you have any problems with this.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

djkimmel

Quote from: Jay-MadWags on May 16, 2007, 11:23:12 PM
Thanks again Skip, I  had a "blast" with you and Chris out on St. Clair.  I really learned a lot (especially about fishing line)  ;).  I just wish I still had that killer rattle trap.  Maybe next time I'll take you up on that net.  Oh well, I guess that is what BassPro Shops is for right??

Who was the photographer that decided to cut me out of the "The First Place Team Photo"??  I do remember fishing from cast n blast's boat.  Even if Skip bumped all my fish off the board. . . .
What's up with that??

Don't tell me you have your own screenname now!!??!! Will wonders never cease!?!

You're in the picture dude. We wouldn't want to miss that lovely bright blue Yamaha shirt!!! You may have to scroll to the right to see yourself depending on your screen size and resolution. Should be a horizontal scroll bar.

djkimmel

Quote from: jcheetam on May 15, 2007, 08:42:43 PM

Shoot! You missed a good opportunity to help the MDNR on that one. I believe they are looking for those tag results - date caught, length of fish, place caught, and tag number. Part of a population study on smallies out there. Anyone else catches one, make sure and get the number down. I'll get my memory refreshed on what they are looking for exactly.

djkimmel

I'm glad everyone had fun and many of you want more. Guess I better get cracking on the fall event - even more tough to pick a date and lake to get enough people there to make it worthwhile for everyone.

Skip Johnson

It was my pleasure Jason hope I draw you again sometime.
If anyone catches a big fat smallie sporting a lipless crank in its lip please contact Jason I think he realy realy wants it back. ;D
Go Big or Go Home!

Jay-MadWags

If anyone finds that lipless crankbait in a smallie's mouth in Lake St. Clair, you can keep it.  I ended up buying a couple new ones at BassPro. Just try not to lose it again if you do find it. . .
Jay-Mad of "Team MadWags"
Jason Madigan