Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 29, 2024, 05:17:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

2007 Spring DK Open Boater / Nonboater lists

Started by djkimmel, May 07, 2007, 01:24:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

djkimmel

Update 5/12/07 (early): Gained one boater but lost three. thomas had to pull out unexpectedly. So did Durand Dan. We gained a new member who's a boater, and very unfortunately, my trailer repair could not be complete today so I can't haul my boat over (I'm bummed out because I'll be working on it Sunday too now instead of fishing - somebody tomorrow please ask me why I didn't finish this several weeks ago??). Ah, the best laid plans...

Here are the boaters (13) and new boater/nonboater (18) matchups - please note them carefully as your match probably changed - sorry about doing a redraw, but there has been a couple boat changes too. I want to make sure things are fair and fun for everyone:

==
cast n blast              MadWags (Jason Madigan)
MaizeNBlue               stackenem
Revtro                     ABA Jaye  &  Gbaade
VinceR                     bassackward  &  Ryan
MadWags (David W)   jerkbait  &  Dan
dartag                     jcheetam
ABA                         MIBassKid
yukonjack2               Hooksetter
live2fish                   csfishslayer  &  Team houston
richie33                   TCook
fowlmouth                motocross269
Langer                     fiker50
mjm6                       sensai steve  &  djkimmel

If there are anymore surprises, we'll handle them at the ramp. Worse comes to worse, I'll find a place to take a knap and then meet you all at the ramp again later. Of course, most of you smart ones are in bed sleeping so even this will be a surprise tomorrow. There may be a straggler or two that shows up yet, but I think we are through.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

djkimmel

Updated 5/10/07: Nonboaters list here (17 so far) - 2 or 3 more nonboaters than boaters so we may have to double up a one or two people in the bigger bass boats. Post on this thread if you can not make it.

fiker50
Hooksetter
MIBassKid
stackenem
csfishslayer
bassackward
motocross269
MadWags (Jason Madigan)
ABA Jaye
Dan
Ryan
Gbaade
jerkbait
sensai steve
Team Houston
jcheetam
TCook

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

TCook

If there are 3 more non-boaters than boaters It might be best if I don't go. First off I was one of the last guys to say I want to fish and the trip from Benton Harbor is like 6 hours round  trip. I did not find anyone to carpool with so it makes more sense not to fish it.

Tim
FISH HARD!!!

Genie

Sorry Dan - can't make it ... have to split days for Mother's Day - one Saturday and one Sunday.
Grand Rapids, MI
Stop Wishin' and get Fishin' with MyFishingLogs.com
http://www.myfishinglogs.com

Insanity - Doing the same thing and expecting different results.  Stop the insanity!

djkimmel

Well, I'm sorry to that neither of you will make it. TCook, maybe you can make the fall event later this year - it will probably be a ways north though, but there might be a few more West side anglers at the event.

Genie - you're a good boy - keep the Mother's happy or bad things happen...

Cheetam

Jeff

bob620

Dan,                                                                                                 
       This is Bob690,I'm sorry to say I have to work.

fowlmouth

well that looks like it evens it up, yes Dan, I will be a boater.
just point me to some canals if t blows too much!

Dan

If anyone needs a map to the ramp I put a link for the MiBassKid up on under "1st DK Spring Open - Saturday 5/12/07 Lake St. Clair"  Gives you a from your front door to the ramp map.
"Not in the clamor of the crowded streets nor in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but within oneself lies victory or defeat."

Anthony Adams

I am in and I plan to bring a Nitro boat for those who would like to take a ride in one to see how they ride.

I will have either a 2007 591 / 150 EFI or a 2008 Z-9 / 250 Pro XS

I will bring a few Golden Rule Boards - Cost is 16$ - at Gander Mtn you will pay 21$ ... I don't have many left ( I think 7) & I would consider giving those who return the boards back to me their money back if returned in good condition, not bent & covered in fish slime.

I will bring copies of my score sheet forms for everyone to use.

I have some questions for Dan ....

What is the start and finish times?
I'll do a short go over the map and rules meeting around 7:30 AM - Harley Ensign MDNR ramp. We should be out around 8 AM and back at 2 PM.

Are we meeting after to have a bite to eat?
We haven't gotten that far. I think a few will hit the road due to schedules and travel time, but there may be a few of us who are hungry afterwards.

Are there off limits?
Only US waters open to fishing.

What are the rules? Is this a 5 or 10 fish limit ... will there be a limit?
Your best 5 fish limit of bass. Only measure bass over 14 inches. Note your biggest bass for big bass entry based on the Golden Rule measurement weight estimate. Have each partner confirm the 'weight' of each fish by looking at the 'scale' (Golden Rule).

My form has enough spots to count about 20 fish if that is not enough I can modify my form.
Send me the form and I'll do the work. Maybe give each team two forms.

My understanding is that this is a team event but we draw for partners correct?
I'll post a tentative draw tomorrow night so partners can contac each other if they want to and know who they should be fishing with. It's a draw, but you both fish as a team in the boat combining your best five. There is a an individual big bass award but bragging rights go to a boater/nonboater team.

Will we use one score sheet for each team?
I'll try to get each team to use 1, but if you send me the form, I'll print extras.

Are we having a critter pot? ... if so do you want me to bring a scale, weigh bags, ???
You and Jaye must be good at critters... wait a minute... what am I saying ;D If you bring a scale, I'll tell anglers they can keep a critter. I'll have to figure out what to do with it.

Let me know what you need from me Dan and we will make it happen if possible.
I think giving away one of those Nitros or quads in your store would be a nice touch...
Anthony Adams - As your director I believe in promoting the enjoyment of fishing to all. I encourage good sportsmanship and preserving of natural resources. I strongly encourage all individuals regardless of age, race, or gender to be more involved in the world of fishing

Durand Dan

To confirm, I'll be there as a non-boater. If nesassary I can bring my boat, but I've never had it out on St. Clair :-\'

MadWags

ABA (Anthony)

I'll need one of those boards. I looked at my Golden Rule and it is for Crappie. ;D
Original song and lyrics by "MadWags"

What's with the news these days on the TV and the radio. Can't find the truth amongst the lies. Some talking head that claims to live their life in a better way, says I have to compromise. But now there's something on the rise. Truth has opened up my eyes. There's no running from your dirty lies. You can't avoid the truth. I'll no longer close my eyes.

cameraguy

Dan, do you still need boaters.  It looks like I can make it.

Revtro

As for getting together to eat afterwards, there is a place right on Jefferson by the Fire Dept. (sorry I don't know the name).  Or there is a Ram's horn with lots of parking at Metro Pkwy. and Harper.  That might not be a bad bet.  Or we could go to Eddie's Drive In (my personal favorite) .  There's not a ton of room for parking, but if the DNR launch across the street isn't full, we could park some of our rigs there or maybe on Ballard Street. (not sure how much room there is to park there.)  But man will you ever love the "Big Ed" burger.  It's located at Ballard Street and Jefferson Ave. (just a few miles South on Jefferson)  Those are just a few options that come quickly to mind.
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

VinceR

I'm going to need a board, too. I'll probably be one that will sell it back to you. I have one, but not the "official" Golden Rule version.

motocross269

I am just confirming that I will be there.  I may have to head right out after the tourney to go to work.

cameraguy

Oops.  Might have posted too soon.  Somebody might be buying my boat before Saturday. 

djkimmel

Quote from: cameraguy on May 08, 2007, 09:48:06 AM
Dan, do you still need boaters.  It looks like I can make it.

Yes - I'm pretty sure I need 1 or 2 more boats to match everyone evenly. You'll have fun... and you have a camera!!!! 1 boat for sure. Although, I'll recount tonight to see exactly where I'm at again. But you should come down anyway. It's Lake St. Clair... in the spring BABY!!!

djkimmel

Quote from: cameraguy on May 08, 2007, 07:32:20 PM
Oops.  Might have posted too soon.  Somebody might be buying my boat before Saturday. 

Well CARP!!! I have to remember to read the posts newest to the oldest. You might still be able to come. Maybe one or two of the other anglers will bring their boat and being the old warrior you are, you can show them around???

djkimmel

Quote from: Durand Dan on May 08, 2007, 05:27:54 AM
To confirm, I'll be there as a non-boater. If nesassary I can bring my boat, but I've never had it out on St. Clair :-\'

I understand the concern. I have 3 more nonboaters than boaters right now and we could double up in a few boats. I'm concerned though that I have not heard from UAWBigDog and silverminnow yet and they were not 100% sure of their status. I might be down 5 boats. Possibility cameraguy could make it with his boat, but of all times, now he might sell his boat, so that is iffy.

We can wait until tomorrow to see what might happen. There's still time. I would like to do a match of at least the for sure people tomorrow night.