Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 29, 2024, 09:49:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

2007 Spring DK Open Boater / Nonboater lists

Started by djkimmel, May 07, 2007, 01:24:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

djkimmel

Quote from: TCook on May 10, 2007, 04:35:36 PM
Is there still room for another non-boater, I really want to go? Please let me know DK.

We'll get you in a boat. Cmon over. Make sure you stay awake on the drive. It's a long one, but from everything I'm hearing, the fishing there has been pretty darn good so far this spring!!

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

csfishslayer

Thanks for the good draw dan You put me in a boat with to really good friends .
S.W.A.G. Jigs And Custom Paints.

csfishslayer

Hey guys I will have your Fish N friends raffel tickets.They are 5$ ea. so stop and see me.We have some great prizes.

Prize list  Full day trip for two with jon bondy valued at 350$
half day fishing trip on lsc with Gerry Gostenik 250$
A weekday muskie trip for three with bob bruner 500$
Eagle 502c igps msrp 499$

Plus a buch of other great stuff

TCook

Yes it is a long drive for me, but luckily Dan was kind enough to offer to meet me in Kzoo to carpool. see you guys there. Is there a pairings list somewhere that Im not seeing?

Tim
FISH HARD!!!

dartag

just took the boat out of the water.  had to catch a few first.  hope the fish are as active as the fish on my lake.

now if the weather just behaves.

ss

csfishslayer

For all you guys that have never fished st clair I fish this lake more then most it is not far from my house. I was out all day yesterday from 7am to 5:30 pm.This is going to be a good tourney I can tell you as much as this you could get 15- 20 lbs with no probs. And a few of us that no the lakes hot spots could come in with more then that. The fish are all over the lake right now from 4ft - 8ft  find the rock and sand bars and you will do well. we also got into the walleyes they are on fire out there right now so Im in for that critter pot thing . as for My bag yesterday lets just say 20 lbs will set the scale. as long as the weather don't act up we will all get on big fish . And I will say to the guys that don't know the lake the mile roads have good fish there now .and you wont kill your boat getting there they start at the end of the launch . good luck to all

djkimmel

Quote from: TCook on May 11, 2007, 03:42:10 PM
Yes it is a long drive for me, but luckily Dan was kind enough to offer to meet me in Kzoo to carpool. see you guys there. Is there a pairings list somewhere that Im not seeing?

Tim

I keep updating/editing the very first post on page 1 of this thread with that information. It will change in just a minute again. Just picked up another boater.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

djkimmel

Well - SHOOT! The wind forecast is going the WRONG way. It may end up being pretty rough out there tomorrow.

Make sure and bring your rain suit for the spray. For those with smaller boats, there are some good spots to fish very close to the ramp - may be a lot more of fishing closer. There's some canals with a lot of better largemouths in them right now too because of the season.

I do not want to move the tournament unless everyone agreed, which I expect will not be the case. Let's all show up at Harley Ensign as planned by about 7:30 AM. We'll see what we have available once there.

dartag

you can always depend on the weather to make things messy

SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT THROUGH SATURDAY MORNING

TONIGHT
NORTHEAST WINDS 15 TO 20 KNOTS. PARTLY CLOUDY. A SLIGHT
CHANCE OF SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS THROUGH ABOUT 8 PM. WAVES 2 TO
5 FEET.

SATURDAY
NORTHEAST WINDS 15 TO 20 KNOTS EARLY...THEN DECREASING
TO 10 TO 15 KNOTS. PARTLY SUNNY. WAVES 3 TO 5 FEET...DECREASING
TO 1 TO 3 FEET IN THE LATE MORNING.

spinninbug

Just wanted to wish you all good luck tomorrow.  I will be thinking about you while I'm working!!! >:(

However as soon as I get out of here it's off to Hardy for the rest of the weekend!   :D

Good luck to all,  be safe,  have fun!!
Wendy

The secret of staying young is to live honestly, eat slowly, and lie about your age.

djkimmel

Worse comes to worse, I'll trolling motor right out the side entrance to Harley and just start fishing, but I've seen things end up a lot nicer sometimes too so let's wait until we get there.

You can check this link for additional true readings about what is happening in the middle of the lake anyway: http://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/station_page.php?station=45147

There can be some differences based on wind speed, direction and location of the channel currents.

motocross269

According to Accuweather it is only going to be 48 degrees when we take off in the morning, but it is suppose to warm up to the mid-60s throughout the day. 
All is good...At least we will be fishing. 

Durand Dan

Dan,
I have to back out. Sorry about the last minute notice, I am having issues with a customer and their production is at risk. Unfortunately work comes first. Got to keep that revenue coming in.  :(

MadWags

The wind is turning everything to mud.
It already blew several of my best spots away.
Never fails.
Just plan a tournament and you can count on North or East winds.
Both in this case.
Not good guys.
See you in the AM.
Original song and lyrics by "MadWags"

What's with the news these days on the TV and the radio. Can't find the truth amongst the lies. Some talking head that claims to live their life in a better way, says I have to compromise. But now there's something on the rise. Truth has opened up my eyes. There's no running from your dirty lies. You can't avoid the truth. I'll no longer close my eyes.

richie33

dan- This is richie chambless (aba member). I spoke with you and ABA tonight on the phone. Just making sure you know I will be there at 7:30 with my boat. Please email me at (removed to save on the spam) and confirm. I really don't want to make the trip to st.clair if you dont need me.
However, if you do, I am looking forward to fighting the waves to chase the bronzebacks!!!!

Look forward to hearing from you.

Richie

(Thanks again for coming out with your boat on short notice Richie - Dan)
You gotta love that purple worm******

motocross269

Sorry I had to leave so early saturday, I had to get to work. Have to pay the fishing bills somehow.  Thanks alot for taking me out fowlmouth. I had a great time.