Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 29, 2024, 04:33:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

2007 Spring DK Open Boater / Nonboater lists

Started by djkimmel, May 07, 2007, 01:24:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

djkimmel

As of tonight:

13, maybe 14 boaters.

18 nonboaters

Waiting to do an initial draw until tonight (Wednesday) to see if I can confirm UAWBigDog and if any other boaters come along.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Hooksetter

Dan,

Count me in as a non-boater. Sorry for the late response, I was going to borrow my son-in-laws boat so I could enter as a boater but he's having the motor worked on right now and it probably won't be done in time for this Saturday.

Willie
Peace.
It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart.

Anthony Adams

Quote from: Durand Dan on May 08, 2007, 05:27:54 AM
To confirm, I'll be there as a non-boater. If nesassary I can bring my boat, but I've never had it out on St. Clair :-\'

Dan,

I say bring your boat if DK needs more boaters. Your boat is big enough .... The Selfridge area holds some nice fish and its not that far.

Anthony Adams - As your director I believe in promoting the enjoyment of fishing to all. I encourage good sportsmanship and preserving of natural resources. I strongly encourage all individuals regardless of age, race, or gender to be more involved in the world of fishing

Durand Dan

OK, I'm in as a boater. I have a Hot Spots Map marked up By Cast and Blast that will help.

Langer

I too will bring my boat, Revtro has offered me a marked up map with some spots too. Hopefully I get pair with someone thats at least been out there before.
Wayne County Bass Anglers
-2008 President

djkimmel

I completely understand why anglers would not want to bring their boats to such a big lake. Especially if you haven't fished there before.

I will go over some areas before we launch that are always good this time of year. Luckily, this is a time of year when real long runs are not needed and there are lots of nice fish in shallower to be caught.

If necessary, I'll have new people follow me and fish right next to me. This is about fun and catching fish - any bragging rights are just something a little extra.

It is looking like we might end up with very nice weather conditions for various boat sizes and favorable viewing conditions for sight-fishing (more pre-spawn than actual spawners)

http://weather.noaa.gov/cgi-bin/fmtbltn.pl?file=forecasts/marine/great_lakes/lc/lcz460.txt

FRIDAY
LIGHT AND VARIABLE WINDS...BECOMING NORTH 10 TO 15 KNOTS.
PARTLY SUNNY. A SLIGHT CHANCE OF SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS BY EARLY AFTERNOON. WAVES 1 FOOT OR LESS.

FRIDAY NIGHT
NORTH WINDS 10 TO 15 KNOTS...DIMINISHING TO 5 TO
10 KNOTS AFTER MIDNIGHT. PARTLY CLOUDY. WAVES 1 FOOT OR LESS.

SATURDAY
NORTH WINDS 5 TO 10 KNOTS. PARTLY SUNNY UNTIL MID EVENING...THEN BECOMING MOSTLY CLEAR. WAVES 1 FOOT OR LESS.

North wind Friday and Saturday should flush some of the color out of the water and clear things up out where the pre-spawners are schooling up. Also means a lot of the Mile Roads and especially Anchor Bay should be really nice to fish in if you aren't way off shore. If it blows harder, there are lots of corners and near shore flats to tuck in to.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

djkimmel

Quote from: Hooksetter on May 09, 2007, 07:15:05 PM
Dan,

Count me in as a non-boater. Sorry for the late response, I was going to borrow my son-in-laws boat so I could enter as a boater but he's having the motor worked on right now and it probably won't be done in time for this Saturday.

Willie

Thanks for trying Willie. I already have you down as a nonboater. Maybe cameraguy hasn't sold his boat yet???

djkimmel

See the first two posts on this thread for the latest boater and nonboater list.

Revtro

By the way if anyone wants, I'm going out on Friday and would be happy to show anyone around so that they can feel safe.  I'm thinking.. if you're not sure you want to bring your boat out because you're intimidated by the bigger water or because you've never been there before, I am more than willing to help you get comfortable on St. Clair.  We could really use the extra boats for Saturday. 

I'll be out there Friday morning.  If anyone wants to hook up and follow us around, PM or email me.  tomouweleen@yahoo.com

I'm not saying I can put you on fish... But I can definitely help you find your way around and show you that you have nothing to worry about on St. Clair.  If you have an 18 ft. boat, you're more than safe for St. Clair with just a little common sense.  I imagine we'll be on the water between 8:30 and 9am Friday.

If this will help get a few more boaters, I'm happy to do it.
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

cameraguy

The deal is supposed to be done tonight.  I'll keep you posted.

fiker

Not to sound cocky or anything, but I can be teamed up with a boater whose never been to Clair before. 

I always carry my GPS, Wayne's marked maps, and the Hot Spot map of Clair. 

I've never fished her this early in the season before, but I have have been down there quite a bit in the last few years durin the Summer months. 

So much water.  So many lures.  So little time.

Member of  Downriver Bass Association

www.buildwithmomentum.com 734.649.9390

Langer

Quote from: fiker50 on May 10, 2007, 10:04:59 AM
Not to sound cocky or anything, but I can be teamed up with a boater whose never been to Clair before. 

I always carry my GPS, Wayne's marked maps, and the Hot Spot map of Clair. 

I've never fished her this early in the season before, but I have have been down there quite a bit in the last few years durin the Summer months. 

Can I call dibs on Fiker?
Wayne County Bass Anglers
-2008 President

djkimmel

I will try to do a 'random' draw that matches the right people together to meet the goal of having fun and catching fish.

TCook

Is there still room for another non-boater, I really want to go? Please let me know DK.
FISH HARD!!!

fiker

Hey Langer, before you call dibs you should be aware that I've fished in the first two DK Opens and have yet to weigh a fish. 

But, although not an expert by any means, I just thought I could keep my boater out of trouble. 

I am sooooo looking forward to this.  I've always wanted to fish Clair at this time of year, but the opportunity never presented itself before.   

Thanks Dan for putting up with us and doing all the extra stuff to make something like this happen.  You gotta know that we all appreciate it very much.
So much water.  So many lures.  So little time.

Member of  Downriver Bass Association

www.buildwithmomentum.com 734.649.9390

csfishslayer

S.W.A.G. Jigs And Custom Paints.

Dan

Hey Rev or Lt. Dan,
Here is an address that anyone can use with their own address to get a map from door to ramp. It's the Macomb County Marine Office which is out at the ramp (Harrison Township). 33125 S RIVER RD, HARRISON TWP, MI 48045, UNITED STATES
"Not in the clamor of the crowded streets nor in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but within oneself lies victory or defeat."

Dan

Okay guys with no draw yet I am getting antsy to pack. I wish this wasn't Mother's Day weekend or I'd be over there Friday to take Rev up on his offer. I have fished St. Clair a few times and I'm thinking shakey head, tubes, jerkbait, senkos, drop shot, spinnerbait, rattle trap, and some top water. I also read someones post and bought a #3 Mepps to throw in. I have 3 baitcasters and two spinning rods (thinking about one more spinning rod), my 100mph suit, sandles, gore tex boots, and a tackle bag. Got to throw in some samiches and pringles and a couple of waters. Gonna sun screen up ahead of time and make sure I have my sun glasses and cash for my boater. Am I ready???
"Not in the clamor of the crowded streets nor in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but within oneself lies victory or defeat."

fowlmouth

sounds about like my list, except I'm packing  a banana for every(body elses) boat!!

djkimmel

OH NO... NOT a monkey pickle!!! Get that monkey pickle out of here!! The rest of 'the list' sounds fine.

Make sure anyone who has their own lifejacket - bring them along.