Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 29, 2024, 08:24:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

new motor yeaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!

Started by TheFishinPollock, March 17, 2014, 09:26:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheFishinPollock

Wooohooo, buying a branddddddddddddddddddddddd new 125 opti next week!     Now if the ice would just melt so I can test it out !
Matthew" the pollock" Novak
1986 Champ 168
 2014 Pro XS 115 Merc

bob o

congrats on the new motor, your going to love your boat all over agian

Mike S.

If anybody deserves it, it's you. I can't believe all of the bad luck you have had. Congrats on the purchase.  My partner has a 200 Opti, and I am amazed at how little gas it uses. Good runner too. 

TheFishinPollock

Yea Mike . Fishing tournament's last year no more than a coupla hundred yards from the launch kinda sucked can. :D Plus that 7 hour TM trip from East Jordan to Ironton kinda did me in.

If I set this thing up right. I'm hoping for 60 61 MPH outa the boat. With the geeked up 115, when it actually ran, I was at 56 57 mph. Other times it was 3 MPH  :D :D

The guys in my NBAA division and the TC division are gonan be shocked when I hit the gas and it doesn't explode. 

The worst part is , I call D&R the other day, just getting prices.   The salesman  and I are talking and I bring up the CC Leelanau open.  Tell him we were the guys that always broke down. He says "  Hey ! I know you guys"   

I always wanted to be famous in the fishing world, but not exactly in that manner. :D
1986 Champ 168
 2014 Pro XS 115 Merc

Slipkey

Sweet!  Congrats.  Love my Opti.  Ten seasons now, rock solid.

Mike S.

I don't know if you've finished the deal yet, but you may want to call Van's Marine in Grand Rapids. They have a sale going on on Mercury outboards right now. I was pretty happy with the price they gave everyone me on the 150 , stroke I was thinking about. I'd call them. Maybe save some money and shorten the drive.

Firefighter Jeff

Awesome Matt !!!!  So glad you were able to work out a brand new motor !!!!!   Good for you  !!!!!

BIGSHOW

Hey Mike. Just wondering. I have a mercury 150 optimax. How much are they new? Just curious.

TheFishinPollock

$15,000 and some change for the Pro XS Big. a grand less for the opti
1986 Champ 168
 2014 Pro XS 115 Merc

BIGSHOW

Thats around what I thought. They asked me when I insured it. Thats what I told them for replacement cost

djkimmel

There's no such thing as bad fame. I think that is the saying... ;D

Glad you're back! Good luck. Break that baby in right and enjoy the smooth ride more than a few hundreds yards. Though remember, the good spot isn't always all the way to the other side of the lake! (I'm saying that as much for me as anyone else...)

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

VinceR

Now you can spend more time fishing. ;)

TheFishinPollock

Yea no more puttering around Mullett Vince .   Which is one of the first lakes we are going back to this year in the spring.  Mann that event just sucked for us.
1986 Champ 168
 2014 Pro XS 115 Merc

Mike S.

Quote from: BIGSHOW on March 19, 2014, 08:56:20 AM
Hey Mike. Just wondering. I have a mercury 150 optimax. How much are they new? Just curious.

I'm not sure what the Optimax goes for, but the 150 efi 4 stroke was $12,660 installed, but minus prop.

VinceR

Quote from: TheFishinPollock on March 23, 2014, 12:24:42 PM
Yea no more puttering around Mullett Vince .   Which is one of the first lakes we are going back to this year in the spring.  Mann that event just sucked for us.

My club is going there June 7-8, but I'm not sure if I'm going to make it.

TheFishinPollock

That is about the same time we were planning a weekend up there Vince. Gonna stay at that same hotel. Was a perfect place and the owners were really nice.
1986 Champ 168
 2014 Pro XS 115 Merc

Firefighter Jeff

TheFishinPollock

Little notell,motel just outa town. UMMMMMM, can't remember the name, but it's across from a  log cabin restaurant and an Italian restaurant.  Wayyy plenty of boat parking and able to back it right up to the door and plug in.   Clean and really nice owners. She was excited to see all the boats show up as they have just bought the place. 

Vince knows the name. He's the one with a good memory.
1986 Champ 168
 2014 Pro XS 115 Merc

djkimmel

Sounds like you're talking about the Star-Gate motel maybe if you're talking Indian River?

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Firefighter Jeff

Yep, that's the one Dan.  I heard there were new owners.  I've stayed there a few times.  Was just wondering.