Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 29, 2024, 05:35:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

new motor yeaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!

Started by TheFishinPollock, March 17, 2014, 09:26:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

djkimmel

I either didn't know or forgot there are new owners?!? Wonder if that is recent or a number a years ago? I think I stayed there 2 years ago...? Or maybe it was 3?? I just remember they were nice. (and I didn't have to pay... plus, I think I left my food in their frig... darnit! Hope they found it by now?!?).

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Firefighter Jeff

The new ownership took place in the last year or two.  The previous owners were an elderly couple... very sweet.  Tcook and I stayed there one night and while checking in the elderly gentleman asked if I knew who was in one of the pictures on their counter.  I said, yes I'm familiar with Mark Zona.  :)   The following night we decided to stay again and was checking in with the elderly woman.  She says, Do you know who that is in this pic...............................................  :)

djkimmel

Awwww.... that's the sweet old couple I remember. Did not know they sold. Hope the new people are as nice in case I ever get to stay there again? It is close to one of my favorite breakfast restaurants, and a good lunch sub place too!

Wonder how many days you would have had to stay there before they stopped asking 'do you know who that is in the picture....?' :D Wonder if they found my sandwich!?! It was going to be a real stinker within a few days!! Different kind of 'DO YOU KNOW WHO STAYED IN THIS ROOM?!?'  >:(  ::) question for that one!!

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

VinceR

New owners were super nice. Definitely the Star Gate. There are actually signs tell you NOT to block the walkway in front of the rooms, but the owners told us to back the boats up as close as we needed to to plug them in.

djkimmel

I like business people who think of the customer first, flexible in their accommodations to customers.

Firefighter Jeff

Quote from: VinceR on March 28, 2014, 04:32:33 PM
New owners were super nice. Definitely the Star Gate. There are actually signs tell you NOT to block the walkway in front of the rooms, but the owners told us to back the boats up as close as we needed to to plug them in.

If I recall correctly with the previous owners they actually had signs that said don't back boat's up.  I think they had a few guys hit the support posts.  But they said we could also.

Was Wilson's the breakfast place Dan ???

djkimmel

I think that is it?? Right by the Little Sturgeon River.

Firefighter Jeff

Yep, great place to eat !!!   :)

TheFishinPollock

Ok a small update on the install,  probably changing the  motor over to a pro xs 115 considering everything I have read and talked to merc and various well known marinas about the comparison between the 125 opti and a 115 pro xs hp outputs.   Best part is the proxs is cheaper by over a grand!@!!!
Matthew" the pollock" Novak
1986 Champ 168
 2014 Pro XS 115 Merc

BIGSHOW

What was the deciding factor? I would think the 115 may be a more common motor so maybe less problems? I was thinking about that when they offer the 175 or 150 on some boats and most go with the 150.

TheFishinPollock

More or less the big deciding factor is the grand or so less for the 115.   The 10% +/- shaft output hp variance , with the 125 being   minus 125 actual hp  and the 115 pro xs being a + almost full 10 percent in hp also helped too.  Meaning the 115 is actually a point or 2 over the actual drive shaft output horsepower of the 125.  So a grand or more for  virtualy the same amount of hp  seemed liek a waste of money.  Could use that grand for  a smartcraft gauge set up  or towards the new controler and cables.

There are some options in the pro XS line that really do outweigh the normal opti series.   It's liek comparing the normal vette motor to the overpowered vette motor in terms of  upgraded parts.
1986 Champ 168
 2014 Pro XS 115 Merc

Firefighter Jeff

Well, good for you Matt.  Now get that thing mounted and post some pics !!!!!  :)

djkimmel

Might want to change your screen name...? Maybe 'The Polish Streak'?!? ;D

TheFishinPollock

It goes in Wednesday , as long as the roads are dried up and it's not snowing or raining Jeff. Then around 2 weeks to get it back.

No way dan! :D  That just sounds like an underware issue  :D :D :D :D :D
1986 Champ 168
 2014 Pro XS 115 Merc

djkimmel

Okay... it was just a suggestion... ;D