Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 29, 2024, 09:25:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Going to finally learn DS

Started by Big dreams, July 09, 2013, 09:09:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big dreams

After much scrutiny :)  I am finally going to learn how to drop shot (or at least spend a day trying).  This Friday I am taking the wife out and am taking one, and only one, rod with me.  Special thanks to Laporte for helping rig it up correctly! 

LAPORTE

Just remember as the great Seth Valentine once told me "you know Don they don't have hands"... lol  You are going to be hooked... I want to see some pics...
2008 Skeeter 20I " Thanks Robin"

YpsiBass

If you get bored, be like Mojo and drop shot some frogs.  I heard Don caught a nice bass drop shotting a craw trailer...

robhj

I aopologize for high jacking this thread but for those of you that do a lot of dropshotting, what kind of ds wt do you use most often- round, cylinder, teardrop? I've used several kinds and haven't seen much difference re how often I get snagged. I lost a round and a cylinder style this weekend. I also crawled a football jig & hardhead/biffle bug around in the same areas & got hung up a few times but was able to break loose.

Thanks,
Rob

dartag

you have the right idea with one rod all day.   rig one up for the wife.   That is all i let my wife do now.  Just have her cast it out and slowly reel it in.   

Nothing easier than a worm on a hook with a weight at the bottom.

Manxfishing

It's all to simple
But a great way to put fish in the boat

For weights
i myself like the round balls, I get a better feel
Mostly use a 1/4 oz, The tug. weights are nice. The 1/4 is the same size as the 3/16 lead
But there pricey and the pike like the rigs, So I stick it out with the lead

Big dreams

Quote from: YpsiBass on July 09, 2013, 02:03:22 PM
If you get bored, be like Mojo and drop shot some frogs.  I heard Don caught a nice bass drop shotting a craw trailer...
Seriously???  a frog?!?!

Kal-Kevin

Thjat might be just what I need do is spend the day do nothing but Drop Shotting!

YpsiBass

Quote from: Big dreams on July 09, 2013, 07:30:29 PM
Quote from: YpsiBass on July 09, 2013, 02:03:22 PM
Seriously???  a frog?!?!

You should really come to the frog only event.  Last year was dismal and some of us got desperate...

Waterfoul

Heck, I spend most of my time on the water drop shotting.   ;D  It's my favorite technique (as most of you know).  I pour my own weights, I lose a lot due to snags and pike so it saves me a lot of money.  I have the do-it mold that makes the pencil/cylinder style.
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

jjjmpv22

I like 3/16 tear drop mainly because I can buy them at Northwoods outlet for $1 a pack! I just started ds this season and find myself having a hard time putting it down. I got my biggest fish of the year on ds. Also I have been using owern mosquito hooks I am been favoring size 1. What brand/ Kind and size hooks are you guys using?

Big dreams

Quote from: jjjmpv22 on July 10, 2013, 04:07:10 PM
I like 3/16 tear drop mainly because I can buy them at Northwoods outlet for $1 a pack! I just started ds this season and find myself having a hard time putting it down. I got my biggest fish of the year on ds. Also I have been using owern mosquito hooks I am been favoring size 1. What brand/ Kind and size hooks are you guys using?
If you live by Northwoods, you live in my neck of the woods.  Where abouts are you from?

bob o

maybe we need a dropshot only tourny  ::)

jjjmpv22

I am from from saginaw I am friends with gmetime24 and fish on his boat all the time we have met before my name is Jon

Manxfishing

Quote from: bob o on July 10, 2013, 09:27:26 PM

Oh, I'd be in on that

Manxfishing

Quote from: jjjmpv22 on July 10, 2013, 04:07:10 PM

You need to know
While all hooks have a size
There's no std. So a Gam hook might be larger or smaller then a Owner
I like a Gam 1/0 DS hook, With that I can fish small worms, Sinko's and 3-4" goby's

dartag

Quote from: Manxfishing on July 11, 2013, 05:36:19 AM

Oh, I'd be in on that

I'm. In.   How about Kent later this year

LAPORTE

Quote from: dartag on July 11, 2013, 06:04:32 AM
Quote from: Manxfishing on July 11, 2013, 05:36:19 AM

Oh, I'd be in on that

I'm. In.   How about Kent later this year

How about StClair... in the fall
2008 Skeeter 20I " Thanks Robin"

bob o

VinceR

Dropshotting? Not very productive. I hate dropshotting, especially in June, July, and August on St. Clair. ;)