Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 29, 2024, 10:25:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

The end is near.

Started by Mike S., December 10, 2012, 03:33:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike S.

I know many if not most of you have put your boats away already. I have not. But that day is quickly approaching. Every day I dread it more and more.  I spend every day at work thinking about one more trip. You know, just in case it snows and they salt the roads. I refuse to pull my boat in the salt, or whatever they use now.

On the bright side, there are still 21 days of bass season to go. Hope the snow machine holds out until the new year. I'm thinking it is time for a junky aluminum boat to pull when the roads are bad. That means I will have to settle for those other fish. At least I will be fishing.

Mojo

Tell you what - wanna fish in 66 degree Michigan waters for large and smallies ?  ;D  PM me. I would say any day after Christmas to the New Year I can get out for a "Hot" trip to the Pond. I'll drag Frank with me - always bring two boats for twice the fun.
Thanks Dan for bringing year round Catch and Release to Michigan

bob o

count me in, no boat for me tho :'( , i'll have to take a back seat

Waterfoul

Do it on a Monday Mike and I'm in!!  Never been to the hot ponds!

(by the way, we caught some today!)
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

LennyB

I'm glad I'm not the onlyone obsessed. :)

Mojo, The hot pond will be next to impossible to enter with the water so low. Take some waders, you'll probably get stuck.

Mike S.

I have 60 degree water here too. Just can't get to it very easily........the boat wont fit in the bath tub ;D

Mojo

Quote from: MBFT on December 10, 2012, 07:13:43 PM
I'm glad I'm not the onlyone obsessed. :)

Mojo, The hot pond will be next to impossible to enter with the water so low. Take some waders, you'll probably get stuck.

The is exactly the plan, plus my 5 mm neo's to keep me warm  ;D. Bringing waders and heavy rope just in case.  Frank n I spoke, and we're in, we may drag the aluminum with a 40 horse behind us ( bring our own tug boat lol ! )

So here is what we got:
Mojo n FBenn (aka WSBF)
Mike and mike
Bob and (space saved - this could be you ) in the 18 footer

I can do the Monday after christmas if you guys can ?

thedude

you all just need 2 boats........ like me.
West Michigan Bass www.westmichiganbass.com
Palehorse Custom Rods

Mojo

Quote from: thedude on December 10, 2012, 11:30:07 PM

Das a Nice sponsor logo bro.

Ok contest time  - I will give away a new spinner bait (in the color and weight of your choice ) of the new  2013 Kustom Kicker colors. Unbelievable colors. Go on Facebook under Kustom kicker to pick your choice if you can answer this simple question:

What do the initials I gave to Mr Benning (aka Frank) stand for ?

Answer somewhere in the Kustom Kicker Face Book page.

Mike S.

That's in the plans for next year. I just told the wife I wanted another boat like my old Bass Tracker, and a jon boat around 14' to throw in the back of the truck. If I had another Tracker, I could put the Skeeter away in late August and save some gas money.

Waterfoul

I'll check that Monday after Christmas date...

Are you sure we can get into the hotponds with a bass boat?
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

markgoetsch

Just trim up, floor it, and see what happens!  Just don't let off the gas!

LAPORTE

Ok this sounds like fun .... I'm ready ...lol
2008 Skeeter 20I " Thanks Robin"

Mojo

Quote from: LAPORTE on December 11, 2012, 09:01:55 AM
Ok this sounds like fun .... I'm ready ...lol
Boater or non boater - got room for both

YpsiBass

Quote from: Mike S. on December 11, 2012, 04:17:31 AM

That's in the plans for next year. I just told the wife I wanted another boat like my old Bass Tracker, and a jon boat around 14' to throw in the back of the truck. If I had another Tracker, I could put the Skeeter away in late August and save some gas money.

I'll sell you my 14' jon...

Mike S.

We will have to talk about that. I have to get the holidays behind me first. PM me a price when you know what you have to have.

Waterfoul

Gotta motor on it?  Maybe we could "test drive" it on the hot ponds??   ;D

LAPORTE

2008 Skeeter 20I " Thanks Robin"

Mojo

So here is what we got:

Mojo n F Benn (aka WSBF)
Mike S and Waterfowl
Don and Bob

18 footer still open front and rear seats ??? Who else is coming up ?

Looking at the calender, Mondays are the 24th and 31st ...  >:(

Lets pick a day - Thursday 27th, Friday 28th, Saturday 29th, Sunday 30th......  Im actually going to KAlahari in Sandusky OHio the 31st and Jan 1st... any good fishing in Sandusky this time o year ?

Waterfoul

I can only do Sundays and Mondays.  And I can't do the 24th.