Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 29, 2024, 06:39:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

The end is near.

Started by Mike S., December 10, 2012, 03:33:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mojo

So here is what we got: Sunday 8am  Bolles Harbor Dec 30th

Mojo n F Benn (aka WSBF)
Mike S and Waterfowl
Don and Bob

Thanks Dan for bringing year round Catch and Release to Michigan

markgoetsch

Is bolles open?  It wasn't in november.  I had to go out of sterling.

YpsiBass

If there's still a back seat open, I can totally do 12/30.

Mcfish

Quote from: Mike S. on December 10, 2012, 03:33:36 PM
. I refuse to pull my boat in the salt, or whatever they use now.

You would not have liked the roads yesterday. Luckily the city of Muskegon keeps some salt at the ramp to go with the salt on the roads. 

Mike S.

Whatever possessed you to fish Muskegon?  More importantly, did you catch anything?  They didn't salt the roads, did they?  I'm headed to Muskegon tonight for some smallies and wallies.

Mcfish

I was after those white bellied bait fish ;).  I wasn't the only nut job out there.  Half a dozen other die hards were too.  I did well but had to move a lot. 

And yeah they salted the heck out of the city. They had just got a blast of lake effect dumped on them.   

I work weekends so I usually hit it hard thru the week rain or shine. ( or snow)

Mojo

Quote from: markgoetsch on December 11, 2012, 09:40:16 PM
Is bolles open?  It wasn't in november.  I had to go out of sterling.

how far away is sterling ?

So here is what we got: Sunday 8am  Bolles Harbor Dec 30th

Mojo n F Benn (aka WSBF)
Mike S and Waterfowl
Don and Bob
YpsiBass and (put your name here) in the 16 footer.

Waterfoul

Mike and I will only make this trip if we are SURE we can even get into the hot pond.  Hate to drive all that way and then not be able to get in.
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

markgoetsch

Sterling is just off of exit 15 (north of the hot pond).  As for being able to get in you should be ok as long as there isn't a strong west wind (that really sucks the water out of there).

bob o

yea, i'm sure i can do that, but as mentioned above no west winds or we will be screwed. oh yea, we really don't have to be there that early the water should be 65-70 degrees all day.

oldjigger

Mike S.

I can't make this trip. With Christmas, and I'm working new year's eve and day, it's not possible. I have to drive to the east side on the 9th.

Mike S.

Quote from: Mcfish on December 12, 2012, 01:49:53 PM
I was after those white bellied bait fish ;).  I wasn't the only nut job out there.  Half a dozen other die hards were too.  I did well but had to move a lot. 

And yeah they salted the heck out of the city. They had just got a blast of lake effect dumped on them.   

I work weekends so I usually hit it hard thru the week rain or shine. ( or snow)

Huh. They didn't salt here in North Muskegon. They must have known I wasn't ready to put my boat away yet.

Mojo

So here is what we got: Sunday 9am  Sterling Dec 30th

Mojo n F Benn (aka WSBF)
Don and Bob
YpsiBass and (put your name here) in the 16 footer. IF noone else wants to join, we can have Ypsi in either boat with us.

Frank - Is Dinkfinder coming ?

mikesmiph

I'd be in, but thats the day I go back to work from vacation. Darn