Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 04:17:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Muskegon Lake smallies 12/19/11

Started by Mike S., December 19, 2011, 03:50:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike S.

Oh, by the way, I got back out on the lake tonight for a minute.  I took my dad with, and he's getting soft on me.  He got cold in an hour.  We did get a couple of bites, but we didn't boat anything. I didn't take my 1197 with me tonight, and I couldn't find the exact area I was looking for.  Makes sense, right?  $2500 fish finder to leave at home?  But anyways, Waterfoul and I are going to attack Muskegon on Monday morning.  Hopefully there will be a good report then.

djkimmel

Quote from: red68prostreet on December 21, 2011, 02:12:38 PM
Another great bladebait is called a Steel Shad. They are longer than a silver buddy but deadly. Very popular on Kentucky Lake. You can go to www.steelshad.com and order them direct. They come in various colors but silver & gold are the most popular.

Get job on the pics Mikeszr800. I am as Mr. Kimmel said very jealous. That brings me to a question for you & Waterfoul. Every yr a few buddies & I go to kentucky lake in Oct. We always go in May as well and the fishing is always great. The fall trips have always been a bust. I have got them convinced to do a fall trip to the northwest area. My question is? If you had 5 days to fish in Oct where would you go and stay? Any help would be appreciated.

October means any of the NW lakes connected to Lake Michigan, Grand Traverse Bays, Elk/Torch, Crooked/Pickerel, Burt/Mullett. All great lakes most of the time in October and there are smaller lakes near most of them in case of big wind.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

red68prostreet

Thanks Mr Kimmel. I should have clarified myself. I live in Fowlerville and run into Kim Stricker quite often. He has told me many of the lakes on the west side have very good smallmouth populations.

Mikeszr800. You are correct. Red68prostreet stands for my 1968 Ford F100 prostreet pickup. It's painted viper red. It has 18.5 inch wide Mickey's on the back. Powered by a 460 cid with modest HP in the 500 range. I have not driven it in several yrs as I spending more time fishing since I upgraded my boat.

Everyone have Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Mark

Mike S.

I can relate to that. Bass fishing led to the sale of my 72 Nova. I did some bracket racing, and once I got hooked on fishing, I had to have a fast boat. Being 31, with a wife and 3 kids, I couldn't do both. I sure love my Skeeter, though. The closest I will ever come to another hot rod will be my next tow vehicle, the newest F250 diesel I can afford. There are lots of goodies out there for those.

Good luck on your decision for a north west fishing trip.

Waterfoul

Red68prostreet... if you want to plan a trip to Michigan's NW corner for a few days... find a cabin or hotel room in the Ludington/Manistee area and spend a day on several lakes.  Pentwater, Manistee, Pere Marquette, Higgins, etc...  if you have any doubt about catching fish there, check out some of my reports in this section on greatlakesbass.  Smallies galore!!  Our 2 biggest went 6lbs 4 oz and 5 lbs 15 oz with MANY 4+ class fish as well.  Throw in a couple of 30-40 fish days and we had a great fall!   Here's a couple links for a couple of our trips.

http://www.greatlakesbass.com/forum/index.php?topic=11085.0

http://www.greatlakesbass.com/forum/index.php?topic=11191.0
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

djkimmel

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Waterfoul

Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

Team houston

Red68, if you do end up back in Kentucky in October someday. The fishing was much better at that  Barren River lake than Kentucky lake at the BFL regional. It was unanimous with all the anglers I talked to.