Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 05, 2024, 04:12:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Got out today, and YES, they are still biting!!

Started by Waterfoul, November 14, 2011, 08:28:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Waterfoul

Last trip of the year??  Might have been.  At least it was a good trip!!

Got me a 5 lb 15 oz smallie!!  Weighed it 3 times trying to get it to say 6 lbs even... but it just wouldn't do it!!!  Dang!!!  21" long.  Caught 23 smallies with at least 7 or 8 of them over 3 lbs.  Last fish of the day was this 11 lb 3 oz pike.  Wouldn't hold still for the picture... kept trying to twist my arms off.  Fattest pike I've ever caught!

Thought I'd add that the water temp on Pere Marquette Lake was 43 degrees and the bite was very tough.  When I moved down to Pentwater Lake the water temp was 46 and the bite was much better.
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

Firefighter Jeff

bigmojet

Way to go! I might sneek out of work a little early today and get an hour or two on Arcadia. I should have to myself with everyone else on the woods today.

They are calling for 55 degrees on Saturday so might get another weekend in.

Waterfoul

That's what I love about this time of year.  Only other boats on both Pere Marquette and Pentwater were a couple guys trolling for steelhead.  Had the every "bass spot" to myself!
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

dartag

My lake sure looks pretty today.   very little wind and no boats.  There was a Stratos out yesterday for a while.  All my toys are put away for the winter.

only 5 months to go :'( :'(

think spring

djkimmel

Sad for you. I'd go fishing Saturday but I'll settle for watching my beloved Wolverines beat the cornhuskers Saturday. Watch for me in the student corner of the end zone. Still have my fingers crossed about the highlight reel shot while getting bowled over by a touchdown scoring running back or receiver!! If it happens... I hope I survive. More fishing to do!

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Waterfoul

Dan, I was standing on the field near the south 20 yard line with the Alumni Band back in the 90's and Anthony Thomas litterally RAN me over!!  I was so pumped!!!    Got on T.V. too!!

And, I once caught an errant pass ONE HANDED standing in the same spot.  I got accolades from my fellow band geeks... never did find out if I was a T.V. star on that one though.

Looks like we will be fishing Sunday AND Monday.  Sweet.... Wolverines on Saturday... fishing the rest of the weekend.

djkimmel

Lucky you! You beat me to getting run over and on TV!!! Anthony Thomas is a really good one for a runover! I've had a few shots at catching footballs but I would have looked like a fool with those ones - not the right pass yet (or kick). In pre-game and half-time warmups they do a lot of passing and kicking at me. Plus, you get to go fishing Sunday and Monday. I will be working on websites.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

edyer

Quote from: Waterfoul on November 14, 2011, 08:28:07 PM
Last trip of the year??  Might have been.  At least it was a good trip!!

Got me a 5 lb 15 oz smallie!!  Weighed it 3 times trying to get it to say 6 lbs even... but it just wouldn't do it!!!  Dang!!!  21" long.  Caught 23 smallies with at least 7 or 8 of them over 3 lbs.  Last fish of the day was this 11 lb 3 oz pike.  Wouldn't hold still for the picture... kept trying to twist my arms off.  Fattest pike I've ever caught!

Thought I'd add that the water temp on Pere Marquette Lake was 43 degrees and the bite was very tough.  When I moved down to Pentwater Lake the water temp was 46 and the bite was much better.
You are showing the world my spots!

Waterfoul

Well there doesn't seem to be anyone else fishing them.... Except maybe Jeff.