Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 29, 2024, 08:51:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Summer Damage Control

Started by Redbone, November 01, 2010, 12:01:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redbone

So here we are again.  Putting the boats away thinking about next season.  I have a BIG list of things to do.  Most of wich is upgrading my gear.  I really noticed the difference in quallity gear vs. cheaper gear. And I think I'm going to have to get my wallet out. :'(  Wondering what everyone elses list looks like.

Things I need to do or just get.

Keel Guard
New Bank charger
A coupld of Rods and Reels
Restock baits
A good set of rain gear
Trailer lights
uggg it goes on and on. ;D

Cy

I think Rods and Reels are always on the list!  ;D

I need:

New cranking battery
New rain gear
I would also like to add a second bilge pump to my boat
I also need to fix the bunks on my trailer.

Yes, it is always something.

Cy

Cyrus Ruel

West Michigan Bass
www.westmichiganbass.com

Xtreme Bass Tackle
www.xtremebasstackle.com

OST
www.ostusa.com

Westside Garage
www.westsidegarage.net

djkimmel

After all the rain and waves of the latter half of this year, I'm thinking in need a third bilge pump?!? (I don't want to make a complete list... to depressing!)

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

fasttrack

1. Fix one trailer light
2. Fix livewell drain/fill switch
3. New trailer tires
4. Maybe a new front graph/interlink
5. Replace a reel or two that are getting 'tired'
6. As always, go thru tackle and replentish
Interstate Batteries      Rocket Marketing
Fast Track Appraisals   West Marine
Nemesis Baits              Kustom Kicker Jigs
CD's Engine Service     J&H Oil

McCarter

Hey Redbone, my buddy has a brand new keel guard in package with all the stuff to mount it for sale for $80.  its white.  you interested?

McCarter himself :-\'

MBell

Quote from: McCarter on November 01, 2010, 07:42:25 PM
Hey Redbone, my buddy has a brand new keel guard in package with all the stuff to mount it for sale for $80.  its white.  you interested?

McCarter himself :-\'
If it's 8ft, I'll take it.
-Matt

McCarter

Waterfoul

1.  After the last few outings... it looks like I need either a new onboard charger or a new cranking battery.  I'm leaning towards the battery but I'll know more in a day or two.

2.  Install the thru hull transducer for the SI unit at the dash that's been sitting on the shelf all summer. 

3.  Install the interlink system that's been sitting on the shelf all summer.

4.  Re-wire the bow light so that it actually works!

5.  Run new power wire (thicker gauge) to the bow fish finder (loses nearly a full volt from battery to bow).

And I need more baits/rods/reels like another hole in the head... but we all know that it's impossible to go thru an entire winter without buying these items.  :)

Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

ROI Outdoors

1. Get a new boat - or should I say get a new used boat with my budget.....19 footer w/150 ponies well below market price because the budget keeps shrinking everyday

2. Retrofit a 22-foot pontoon with a divided 300-400 insullated transport tank, a manual trap door underneath those tanks, a 1000-1500 gallon-per-hour recirculating pump, a Flow-Rite Controls Compression aeration system, temperature O2 and ph measuring devices, and 4-5 new deep-cycles to run the entire system.  The wish-list for the Release Boat is 400-watt Majestic Amplifier, 2 10-inch subs with built in crossover, a waterproof marine stereo and an old Bone-Thugs CD so the release boat can Wake Up those fish during The 1st of Month..........

3. Get a high-quality cost concise Rain Gear Sponsor through ROI so that Cy and Redbone take that off their lists...

4.  Present legislative changes to Lansing that will create more opportunities for our state to improve tourism, license revenues, DNR-funding, our image, and of course our fishing - and make sure they go through and take effect at the beginning of the new-extended-tournament season in April of 2012.

5. Buy a stockpile of football jigs - 75 1/2's, 50 3/4's, and 15 1oz.'s

6. Buy a stockpile of P-Line Halo - 2000 yards of 20-lb, 2000 yards of 17-lb, 400 yards of 12-lb, 200 yards of 10-lb, and 200 yards of 6-lb

7. Reevaluate Halo and Jig Stockpiles over and over

8. Repeat item #7 until I realize I won't be able to accomplish items #1, #5 & #6 because all my time and money into completing items #2, #3, and #4...............................
Luke A. Winstrom - Founder/President
Return On Investment Outdoors
luke.winstrom@roioutdoors.com
Direct Line - (616) 366-1395
Visit us Online @ www.roioutdoors.com

Got Fish??

Things to do to get ready for next year? Get some rest and some more money!

dartag

New 3 bank charge
Organize my tackle.   Winterized the boat yesterday.  Amazing how much stuff i found,  that I never touched this summer.
Practice my Jig skipping.

mikesmiph

I guess its a good thing to put down, then I'll have it to keep looking at. Its very long. If I didnt love to fish so much, I would be praying for a longer winter so I could get some of it done.

Build a shelter for the boat so I have it at home to work on.
Get the motor problem fixed.
3 new batteries.
interlink
GPS reciever
re carpet the boat. (yes Mike, I still plan on doing last years project)
finally do the deck remodel project from last year.
go to several of the shows so I can spend money on baits and reels. (I think I have the rod issues covered.)
several repairs to the trailer. new bunks, check wiring, light bulbs etc.
rain gear for myself and Veronica
new bench seats
in-out valve on the livewell
new switch for the live well pump
and, a very large raise at work to pay for all this.

Skulley

Things I need to do to the boat for next year:

1)  New bunks for the trailer.
2)  New lights for the trailer.  I have already purchased these.  You can find them online or at Pep Boys.  I noticed that Pep Boys had the same lights for my trailer as the ones I purchased online for the same money.  If I would have bought them there, I would have saved $3.95 on shipping.
4)  New seats.  Apparently Terry Melvin from Lunch Money Lures has a set of seats that will fit my boat.  So I got to get a hold of him.  If anyone has his number, please PM me with it.  Thanks.
5)  Find time to do all this stuff.  Problem this year is that I got into this dilemma......Go fishing or work on the trailer.............Fishing won out every time.

BD                            ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

bob o

next year? how about a Bullet 20XDC/225 :o i'd be happy with that

Frank

1. Stretch my boat 5 feet and repaint the motor so it says 150 instead of 40
2. Try 3 dual purpose batteries so I can run my 36v 101 and not have the weight of a 4th battery
3. Buy stock in berkley so I get something back for buying 1000 bags of gulp
5. Learn how to make my own spinnerbaits
6. Sell 6 good rods
7. Buy 6 grandt rods
8. Reline all of my reels
9. Put on 1 new line to try (my yearly experiment)
10. Set up my banquet hall with buckets and targets so I can practice casting all winter while pretending to work
Get a new kiddie pool for the hall to practice skipping
11. Go to bass pro and dream about a nice gps that costs as much as my boat
12. Stock up on lures
13. Tune up and sharpen all my lures
14. Lay out everything I own and take pictures for insurance
15. New tires on the trailer
16. New switch bank on the boat
17. Play on the internet looking at glb 3 times a day
18. Try and sell the stuff I never use on ebay or trade it at our swap meet
19. Contemplate extending the front deck of my boat if I can do it with less than 40 lbs of material
20.  Buy new life vest

Mike S.

Well, my plans are as follows:
1.  I am buying a Humminbird 1197c.  Can't wait to get that.
2.  I also need to get another Humminbird gps unit to put up front.
3.  I need to get off my behind and send my Grandt in for replacement.
    That 10 pounder on White did it in!  I wish.
4.  Have to fix the fender covers on my trailer.  That goes hand in
    hand with fixing the gouges in my gel coat from being lazy and not
    fixing the trailer.
5.  Still haven't fixed my cracked livewell.
6.  Quit spending money on making the snowmobile faster so that I
     can get going on the boat.
7.  I too need to rewire my bow light so it works.
8.  I still have to winterize the boat.

The smallies are biting, so I'm still jerkin lips!  Sucks to be the ones who have put the boats away.

Mike S.

Wow, that post doesn't look anything like it did when I typed it.

thedude

my short list of tackle is pushing 500 bones already. need to stock up on floro, tungsten and enough jigs to get me through next year. also thinking of consolidating my crankbait collection to just a few specific models and colors.

have about 8 rods to build for others, 3 to repair. need to build 3 new crankin sticks and a baby-shakin rod for myself as well.
last but not least, chip for my opti to get 40 more horsies.
West Michigan Bass www.westmichiganbass.com
Palehorse Custom Rods

djkimmel

I'm sorry... but I have to draw the line on one thing! There will be NO shakin' babies on this web site!

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

ROI Outdoors

Quote from: thedude on November 02, 2010, 10:07:39 PM
my short list of tackle is pushing 500 bones already. need to stock up on floro, tungsten and enough jigs to get me through next year. also thinking of consolidating my crankbait collection to just a few specific models and colors.

have about 8 rods to build for others, 3 to repair. need to build 3 new crankin sticks and a baby-shakin rod for myself as well.
last but not least, chip for my opti to get 40 more horsies.

Add 2 more repairs to that list if you can fit them in por favor.  Are you adding a Sun Chip or going with the Baked Lay??????
Luke A. Winstrom - Founder/President
Return On Investment Outdoors
luke.winstrom@roioutdoors.com
Direct Line - (616) 366-1395
Visit us Online @ www.roioutdoors.com