Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 29, 2024, 08:28:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

I feel bad for the guys fishing the championship this weekend.

Started by Mike S., July 10, 2010, 05:14:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike S.

I have talked to many fellow members today who are seeing first hand how bad Muskegon lake is getting beat up.  I took mikesmiph out today, for almost 8 hours, and neither of us boated a fish.  I don't even want to admit to living here, it's so bad.  Then, we had MIBasskid with us for a few hours at the end of the day, and he had no luck, nor did any of the guys he was talking to.  I am anxious to see what the weigh in will bring tomorrow. ???

Durand Dan

Waterfoul

We fished the Sportsperson Ministries International (SPI, formerly the Kellogsville Sportspersons club) tourney today from 6-noon.  I'd guess we had around 30 boats.  Weighed in 13.071 lbs for 2nd place.  Top bag was 13.4 lbs.  I'd say we caught around 15 keepers today and almost no dinks.  Managed a 6-7 lb sheephead too.... man I thought for sure I had a 5 pounder on.  What a dissapointment when I got it to the boat!!!

I will say this... the lake did not fish nearly as well as it did when I pre-fished it Thursday.

I've also heard guys saying they may run as far as Pentwater... my guess is that someone will weigh in a bag well over 15 lbs.
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

djkimmel

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Mike S.

We fished most of my normal spots.  We threw cramks, jigs, tubes, worms, jerk baits, top water, fished drop offs, weed lines, flats, docks, rocks, bridges, shore stations, and nothing.  I'm no pro by any means, but I can catch fish on Muskegon lake.  It was a very bad day.  As far as people running, that will produce the winning bag, I am almost certain of it.

djkimmel

I hope they get safe and favorable winds. I hate Lake Michigan when the wrong wind blows. Good luck to all members and friends.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Eric

The top 6 will all have over 15 and it will take 13 to make the team.  There are just too many guys here that live here and fish here nearly every tournament. Many guys are here that have never been seen at a TBF or Federation tournament before, and are rarely spotted more than 5 miles from Lake Michigan.  They will be on them and get them real good.  Somone will have over 18.  Hopefully, me.
www.ReelResponseSolutions.com
www.BassinWithEric.com

chrisvmo

Is it legal to drop shot on Mona lake? I understand this was a topic at the meeting tonight. I really don't understand the law but maybe some one that was there can fill me in.

djkimmel

Quote from: chrisvmo on July 10, 2010, 11:39:43 PM
Is it legal to drop shot on Mona lake? I understand this was a topic at the meeting tonight. I really don't understand the law but maybe some one that was there can fill me in.

It is not legal to drop shot in Mona Lake without using a 3" or longer dropper line to the hook from the main line. See the complete list of drowned river mouth lakes and the regulation here: http://www.greatlakesbass.com/forum/index.php?topic=47.0

Mike S.

I will be at the weigh in today.  Can't wait to see what the outcome is.  It,s a little breezy this morning, but doesn't look like the big lake will be affected by it.  I wish I was fishing today.  But, after yesterday, watching the Bass Masters on the tube will have to do.

thedude

i've certainly had worse days on muskegon, but from thursday night pre-fishing and yesterdays tournament, the small fish are prevailing. not-so-many years ago, 3-4lb fish weren't that hard to come by. we had a limit by 8 but only upgraded by ozs the rest of the day.  Fish seemed to be biting ok most of the day however, bite seemed to pickup a bit around 9-10 surprisingly. I would still guess that the TBF will be won out of white despite the bad conditions. I'm sure a few guys will run way north to arcadia or Pentwater but i have no idea how those lakes fish in the middle of the summer. Usually guys are running there for bedding smallies.
West Michigan Bass www.westmichiganbass.com
Palehorse Custom Rods

Dan

What time and where is the weigh-in today? Justin are you fishing it? Are you going to the weigh-in?
"Not in the clamor of the crowded streets nor in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but within oneself lies victory or defeat."

thedude

no i fished an spi there yesterday. i think its a 2 or 3pm weigh-in
West Michigan Bass www.westmichiganbass.com
Palehorse Custom Rods

Mike S.

The weigh in is at 2:30 today.  I'm heading there in about 10 minutes.

chrisvmo

I had an early limit saturday but had a hard time getting any thing big to bite. The lake needs some rest for sure. Waterfoul told me drop shoting was legal on Mona lake but not Muskegon or White?!?! what do ya say mike?

dartag

Results??  Got to be someone with a blackberry to post them.

TCook

I just got back, some of these could be wrong but this is all I can remember

Boaters:
Watts 15+
Snyder 14.4
Bond 13.5
Said 13+ (had big bag but 2 dead cost him 2 pounds)
Jason Fowler 13 (One of my good buds got er done from the back of the boat)
Eric Smith 12.75 (practiced with him fri and sat and we struggled but he managed to put a bag together when it counted gotta give him some major props for making the team as a boater)

Co's:
Kendal Ulsh
Seth V
Ozinga
Knapp
cant remember the rest...

I fished with Jeff Cox and we sucked it up big time out there, horrible tournament for me but had a great time hanging out with all you knuckleheads.
FISH HARD!!!

motocross269

Like they say "Someone always catches fish".....It just wasn't me...

Still had a good day on the water.....Tournament was well run from what I saw and no real issues....

Congrats to the anglers that made the team and good luck...

Mike S.

Quote from: chrisvmo on July 11, 2010, 06:52:33 PM
I had an early limit saturday but had a hard time getting any thing big to bite. The lake needs some rest for sure. Waterfoul told me drop shoting was legal on Mona lake but not Muskegon or White?!?! what do ya say mike?
As far as I know, Mona is off limits to drop shotting just like Muskegon and White.  You are a local, aren't you chrisvmo?

markgoetsch

it was crazy tough out there and makes me REALLY appreciate Erie and st. clair!  I ended up with 4 fish while catching 6 and loosing one.  Talk about tough.  I fished white thursday and friday and had 4 bites total!  Saturday I thought I put something together but then today they didn't want to work with me.  All in all I don't know if I ever want to fish the west again.