Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:35:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Fiberglass Damage

Started by Big dreams, May 24, 2010, 11:01:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big dreams

Does anyone know if spider cracks will total a boat?  I was prefishing Chippewa Lake Saturday and on my way home, a kid pulled out in front of me.  I was going full speed and the boat ended up sliding down the road.  The trailer pushed the Reese hitch straight upward and then that too came off and ended up I do not know where.  The motor is barely hanging on and it looks like the motor could fall off the boat at any time.  The mount that holds it up and the hydrolics are all gone.  The trailer is definately gone and the boat has groves and a couple of deep gashes that show the fibers.  The boat from top to bottom is spider cracked and I was wondering if the boat would be a total loss with spider cracks...

motocross269

Fiberglass guys can fix just about anything...I have seen some pretty incredible jobs on other sights....The question is will it be cost effective....If you are asking if you can run it the way it is I would have a Hull expert from your manufacturer take a look at some emailed pictures..They can usually tell from those..
If your asking will your insurance company total your rig...It probably depends on the year but I can tell you from first hand experience it doesn't take much fiberglass damage to label a boat "totalled"....

fowlmouth

I've seen boats with alot less damage than you described going through the auto salvage auctions. It just depends on how much the estimates are, your insurance company will do whatever is the most cost effective for them. Be nice to the insurance adjuster ;)

Big dreams

Being nice to this adjuster is not easy.  She is hard to understand (foreign) and she is head strong.  Does anyone know if they go off from the blue book value or what similar boats are going for?

MadWags

Ask her for her work visa. This should help. :o
Original song and lyrics by "MadWags"

What's with the news these days on the TV and the radio. Can't find the truth amongst the lies. Some talking head that claims to live their life in a better way, says I have to compromise. But now there's something on the rise. Truth has opened up my eyes. There's no running from your dirty lies. You can't avoid the truth. I'll no longer close my eyes.

bob o

Quote from: MadWags on May 26, 2010, 06:28:26 AM
Ask her for her work visa. This should help. :o

now THATS funny right there.

it sounds like you will be in a new ride this year

Big dreams

It is not looking good for me at this point.  The insurance adjuster for the truck called and said it was only worth $3000.  I put so much into that truck, it is 100 percent rust free and show room quality!  Just because of the mileage they say it isn't worth squat.  I do not know what to do.  If I combine the claim of the boat and the truck, I might be able to replace my truck.  It is not clear at this time but Big Dream's fishing might have come to an end...

Puma

Often you can negotiate with these guys, if not the adjuster, their superior.  Get your agent involved, that's what you paid him for.  I had a 65 Mustang that some guy rear ended the Mrs. and they wanted to give me squat for it.  I found 3 other similar Mustang's that were for sale and argued that they needed to at least match those prices.
In the future, I would suggest all to use Bleeker Insurance in Big Rapids and Progressive.  I have had two claims with them and they were amazing to work with.  Like I lost a rim and they are no longer available, so they bought me 5 brand new ones to replace them all!

Good luck, hope you can work it all out.  Just don't sign anything until you are happy.

Big dreams

Thanks for the advise.  I have a few trucks similar to mine and they all go for around $6000.  The boat is a total loss I found out today.  I found a 20' Nitro on BassBoatCentral that has all new electronics and a 225 Merc on it.  If all fares well, I might have both...

Mike S.

Insurance people can be a pain to deal with.  I had my sled get hit this winter while sitting at a stop sign in Baldwin.  I fought with the adjuster, Satan I mean, for 4 weeks.  They are just out to make their pockets fat and screw the person who loses their stuff.  Hope everything works out for you.

fowlmouth

Read your policy, I remember when I insured my boat they asked me how much I wanted to insure it for.

Big dreams

They did ask how much I wanted to insure it for.  I think I told them 10,500 or 11K.  The NADA report shows the boat's worth to be only 6,300.  I would like to meet the creator of NADA and Kelly Blue Book!  Do you think they would give me the 10,500 over the NADA value?

1javelin

Insurance adjuster's suck.  Period.  I hit something with my motor last year and caused it to skip, blowing 2 pistons, and they told me it was impossible to hit something and that happen, but they would fix the skeg and prop!!!  Now thousands later and a new insurance company, I'm still waiting for the rebuilt powerhead to be put on so that I can enjoy the fruits of my struggles again!!

1jav
Live to fish, Fish to live.