Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 12:22:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Chatterbait

Started by Duke, April 20, 2006, 09:58:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke

Anyone have much success with a Chatterbait yet? I have been using them for 3 weeks now and have had minimal success thus far. I think its a great bait and I anticipate it being great; maybe I haven't got it all figured out yet.

Duke
Duke

McCarter

The only thing i can say about the chatterbait so far is South Carolina bass dont like them buzzing around there beds.

We will see how the Michigan bass feel about them soon!

PoorBoy himself :-\'

Cy

Are there any local retailers selling them yet?  By local I mean West Michigan local.  I thought about ordering some from the web but I haven't yet.  I was thinking I would wait until someone had them local.

Cfruel
Cyrus Ruel

West Michigan Bass
www.westmichiganbass.com

Xtreme Bass Tackle
www.xtremebasstackle.com

OST
www.ostusa.com

Westside Garage
www.westsidegarage.net

blakstr1

its going to take a solid 6 to 8 weeks to get them from the Rad Lures website.  It seems it might be a while to get them up here, they are pretty easy to find down south though.  I brought 3 back from the Bassmaster Classic but them ended up selling them on eBay for $18-20 each. (paid $6.50 at the Classic)..i've got a few on order from radlures, been waiting about a month now.
Blake Arkwood
www.teambass.net
www.quantumfishing.com

Revtro

Well, I threw the sale papers out, so this info is incomplete but I got sale papers the other day from both Cabela's and BPS.  One of them had a chatterbait imitation from another company.  They claim they are in stock and only 3 bucks and change.  They pretty much look identical.  If you can find whichever sale paper this was, you may have good luck getting these instead of waiting for the originals.

On that note, (Just my opinion) the original is the innovation, but that doesn't mean follow up versions from other companies aren't as good or even better in some cases.  So check them out.  If I figure out which store had them, I'll make another post about it.  Sorry I can't be more specific.
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

bcbasser

I have had some success with them...I have fished them like a jig...and slow. They put a ton of vibration off by just lifting your rod tip and setting it back down!!!
www.kistlerrods.com
www.championboats.com

Amsoil Synthetic Lubricants www.lubedealer.com/benwallace

blakstr1

Gambler unveiled their version down at the Classic.  they look almost identical and according to Gambler ::) they are better built, they do seem to use a better hook and the bait itself seemed to be tied together a bit better.  I heard complaints from guys using the original Rad Lures models that they broke rather easy, of course they were hauling 9# Florida bass so who knows.  Rad Lures is definitely the innovator but time will tell who has the best I guess....maybe the price and availability will dictate.
Blake Arkwood
www.teambass.net
www.quantumfishing.com

bcbasser

I also have the Gambler version but I have not yet used them...they do offer some better colos but all you have to do with any of them is put a skirt on em...The blade on the gambler version is a little heavier and uses a split ring instead of a swivle direct...I do like that better!!! I also think that the gambler has a better hook!!
www.kistlerrods.com
www.championboats.com

Amsoil Synthetic Lubricants www.lubedealer.com/benwallace

Revtro

Yep, they're from Gambler.  I just found them at BPS.  They are cheaper in the sale paper, but here's the link.
http://www.basspro.com/servlet/catalog.TextId?hvarTextId=78307&hvarTarget=search&cmCat=SearchResults
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

Cheetam

The chatterbait is really a variation of the Eaker Shaker which was introduced in the late 90's (it was actually an ICAST winner if memory serves me).  It can be attached to any lure really, not just jigs.  It was marketed as a way to turn any bait into a crankbait.  If they haven't already, I'm sure these will be fetching some outrageous prices soon...
Jeff

blakstr1

yeah their sales have went up a bit on eBay...you can virtually turn any bait into a chatterbait type..
Blake Arkwood
www.teambass.net
www.quantumfishing.com

blakstr1

lots of new happenings with the Chatterbait!!  This from Bassfan...

Chatterbait to Renosky? 4/20/2006
Indications point to Renosky Lure Inc. as the new owner of the Chatterbait. BassFans may know Renosky through its Bionic Minnow and Boomerang Fishing Pro infomercials, as well as its line of "hybird" baits that combine metal and soft-plastic.

BassFans may also remember that owner Joe Renosky was a former member of the Banjo Buddies Inc. (BBI) board of directors. BBI marketed the Banjo Minnow, and later brought a trademark-infringement suit against Joe Renosky for his marketing of the Bionic Minnow. That suit was successful.

Chatterbait sold? 4/20/2006

A reliable source told BassFan that a company has acquired the Chatterbait, and possibly Rad Lures. BassFan was not able to confirm the news with Rad Lures owner Ron Davis, and calls to Rad Lures are now being routed to a call center.

The same source indicated that the new Chatterbait owner plans to market the Chatterbait through an infomercial, and the bait will be exclusive to two large retailers, one of which is believed to be Wal-Mart.

BassFan will continue to report new news as it becomes available.

Blake Arkwood
www.teambass.net
www.quantumfishing.com

ronhuntfish

QuoteChatterbait sold? 4/20/2006

So, there may be a chance that the order I put in in Feb., and still has not come, may not come at all???

Oh well.

fowlmouth

I sure hope they still fill the orders, I ordered late Feb and haven't heard a word. The Ups & Fedex guys must think I'm stalkin' em. I watch em comin' down the road like kids chasing the ice cream truck.

djkimmel

Hey fellow anglers - if you do order the Gamblers from BPS online, please consider clicking on the BPS affiliate link (graphic on the right side of the page) on this page to get to BPS online. You'll help GreatLakesBass.com out a little. Thanks.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

MaizeNBlue

I just got 2 chatterbaits, that I ordered about 2 months ago, really forgot about them, happy to see them, now just need to throw them!!!! Looking at them, seems a lot of talk, for small piece of cut sheet metal, we shall see.

blakstr1

they walk the walk and talk the talk.  ;D  they do have an awesome action.
Blake Arkwood
www.teambass.net
www.quantumfishing.com

blakstr1

Chatterbait update 4/21/2006
BassFan received a communication from Rad Lures president Ron Davis that corrected a previous BassFan Dock Talk item. In that item, BassFan speculated that the Rad Lures Chatterbait had been sold to Renosky Lures Inc. Not so, wrote Davis.

Here's the written communication from Davis in its entirety:

"Rad Lures Fishing Products Inc. has not been sold to, or transferred any rights concerning the intellectual property revolving around the Chatterbait, to Renosky Lures. Renosky Lures is, however, being utilized to aid in manufacturing and distribution of the Chatterbait product line.

"Mr. Renosky has been a great asset in not only improving the cosmetics of the Chatterbait, but to help bridge the gap to many large retailers. For the past 3 months, the major goal for Rad Lures has been to secure the needed relationships to efficiently supply the extreme demand for this product line.

"In addition, we're striving for improvement in form as well as function of the Chatterbait in order to supply the serious bass fishermen with new 'tools' designed to perform at the highest levels of competitive bass fishing."

Blake Arkwood
www.teambass.net
www.quantumfishing.com

djkimmel

Sounds like a smart business man.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

fowlmouth

Just got an e-mail from Rad lures, says they will ship my order from Feb in next week or so. Also says they have changed the blades and they are now silver or gold plated. I sure hope mass-producing by another manufacturer will not change the effectiveness of it.