Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 01:42:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Chatterbait

Started by Duke, April 20, 2006, 09:58:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ronhuntfish

FYI.
The Gambler version from BPS is also on back order if you order from them.  Not sure how long it would take.

McCarter

It looks like LandBigFish.com has the Gambler version as well as the new Venom Rattle Shake, another chatterbait imitator in stock.

Use the link on this site to get to the landbigfish.com site and check them out.

PoorBoy himself :-\'

chase5004

Hey guys it been long time since I last posted. Nice to back in the game.

For what it's worth I was strolling through the Lansing Gander Mountain (I-69 and M-43) on Monday, and I located the Chatterbait. The original one from Rad Lures. I only found about 6 or 8, all in 3/8 oz, white with silver blade. They seemed to be in an odd place, because if I really was not paying attention I would not have seen them. Any way thought a few of you guys might like to know that. I would have gotten some however I got mine a long time ago. They were priced at $7.99.

By the way I have used the Gambler and Rad Lure versions in Florida this past winter. They both worked good. I did notice the Gambler version tended to run a little higher in the water column. You really had to fish it slow to get it down deeper. Even fishing it extremely slow it gave off great action.

Pat

Cheetam

And yet another alternative:

http://www.bayououtdoors.com/

It doesn't say they are out of stock, but who knows...
Jeff

Cheetam

Quote from: jcheetam on April 26, 2006, 04:39:46 PM
And yet another alternative:

http://www.bayououtdoors.com/

It doesn't say they are out of stock, but who knows...

Just an FYI...I put in an order for three of their "chatter" baits yesterday (utilized my 10% ABA discount btw) and got a shipping confirmation today...looks like their version is in stock and ready to go...
Jeff

fiker

Why can't I just take an old jig, a piece of sheet metal, a Wayne Carpenter tube trailer, a ring, and a snap experient a little and make my own?
So much water.  So many lures.  So little time.

Member of  Downriver Bass Association

www.buildwithmomentum.com 734.649.9390

Cheetam

Quote from: fiker50 on April 27, 2006, 04:48:11 PM
Why can't I just take an old jig, a piece of sheet metal, a Wayne Carpenter tube trailer, a ring, and a snap experient a little and make my own?
There's plenty of people doing that Rick...in fact, I have two at home I made out of an Altoids box...I haven't had a chance to throw them yet, but I can only imagine the looks on people's faces when I tell them I caught all of my fish on a homemade, Mint-scented chatterbait  :D
Jeff

joshimoto son

HA!!!!!

I finally got one that cheetam didn't get to before me.

Try this link also for a chatterbait alternative

http://www.olbigplastics.com/about_us.html

Hey Jeff!!!!

Hi buddy...

Sorry to hear about the new paint job that PB gave your vehicle.

bshaner

I just got a Lunker Lure Rattleback with a Gamakatsu hook.  Looks pretty solid, hoping it lives up to this reputation the chatterbaits have.  We'll see how it compares.  [REMOVED - see No Links Policy List] has several of them in stock.

Brian
Byrd's Landing
220 Helmer Rd N
Springfield, MI 49015
(269)963-2844

Cheetam

Quote from: joshimoto son on April 27, 2006, 05:09:52 PM

Hey Jeff!!!!

Hi buddy...

Sorry to hear about the new paint job that PB gave your vehicle.
Darn Greek food...rice does that to some people...lol.
Jeff

djkimmel

Wasn't it Mann's that sold the blade separately. I had them for years without trying them almost at all on various lures. Too much Great Lakes smallmouth fishing with other stuff.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Cheetam

Quote from: djkimmel on April 28, 2006, 12:18:03 AM
Wasn't it Mann's that sold the blade separately. I had them for years without trying them almost at all on various lures. Too much Great Lakes smallmouth fishing with other stuff.
I'm not sure if it was originally Mann's, but Eagle Claw sells the Eaker Shaker.
Jeff

djkimmel

I think that is the one I'm thinking of. I know that's the one I have a pack of somewhere.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Duke

Had a small club tourney Saturday and started catching a few on Chatterbait early on, then my partner starting waxing me with a rat-l-trap so I switched to it and caught more with it than the chatterbait. I thought I was cool at first because I had a bait he didn't ;D then reality kicked in  >:(.

Duke
Duke

Shayne Cleveland

I was out fishing yesterday and watched 2 guys catch 3 fish on the chatterbait. I was catching fish on what I was throwing so I know it was working as good as what I was using.

Might have to break down and join the chatterbait team :D

Or maybe I'll just wait till everyone is using one and then follow them with my 1960 crankbait. I can say the fish haven't see that one in a while ;)

NEOFISH

You guys are killing me with all this chatterbait talk. :D
It's a piece of tin!!!!!  But it's fun listening to all hysteria!

Cheetam

Quote from: NEOFISH on May 02, 2006, 11:36:03 AM
You guys are killing me with all this chatterbait talk. :D
It's a piece of tin!!!!!? But it's fun listening to all hysteria!
I know some guys who get equally as excited talking about the Tin Man from the Wizard of Oz...the bad thing about him though is he rusts when he gets wet and loses most of his action...
Jeff

joshimoto son

I just received two of the Gambler chatterbait style lures yesterday from BPS.

I have not thrown them yet, but I found that the split ring holding the "tin" to the jig was binding in the eye due to the paint from dipping the jig.
I had to clean the paint from the eye and it freed it up a bit.

I'm going to try them out today to make sure it has the same action as the rad Lure version.

I also noticed that the Gamgler blade does not have the edges bent liked the Rad Lure does.

joshimoto son ;D

fishon1219

I probably shoudnt post this, but being the team player I am I want all of you to join in the fun. I was at Dick's sporting goods in novi on tuesday night and they have an end cap with about 200 origanial rad lures chatterbaits on sale for $5.99. They have a limit of 10 per customer. I don't know if all of the stores have them, but the one in novi has a bunch. Good luck.
Nemesis Baits Pro-Staff
www.nemesisbaits.com

fowlmouth

just got back from saginaw/ bought 3 of the last 5 at Dicks $5.99 each Gander Mountain had them for $7.99, but had more colors in stock. still have not received my order since feb from RAD