Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 29, 2024, 09:05:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Food anyone?

Started by mikesmiph, February 04, 2010, 09:10:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikesmiph

Just throwing this out to see what kind of response I get. After the DK open, who would be interested in a cookout? Tentative thoughts of mine are: I will furnish the meat and buns, maybe burgers and dogs, everyone can bring a dish to pass. I will make sure there are enough coolers to keep everything cool while we fish. I'll end my tournament a little early and get things started. After weigh-in, it should be ready. Dan is going to check with the people at the launch to make sure if we can do it there, or if we have to move. Just want to see how many would be interested in something like this. Any questions or ideas? We have 3 months to plan.

bigjc

Quote from: mikesmiph on February 04, 2010, 09:10:00 PM
Just throwing this out to see what kind of response I get. After the DK open, who would be interested in a cookout?

Sounds like a good excuse for me to make it to my first DK open

mikesmiph

LAPORTE

FOOD !!!!! I'm in ..... lol
2008 Skeeter 20I " Thanks Robin"

VinceR

I don't see why it can't happen. They used to grill and serve hot dogs after the NBAA Double Barrel tournaments. They would hold the weigh-ins down in the corner by the DNR station, and set out the food and condiments for the anglers.

MIBassKid

We used the grassy area for a cookout after the Big Ten Tournament and I think it went pretty well. Lots of food left over though. I'm sure they won't mind.

LGMOUTH

Sounds like a great idea.
When you are in any contest you should work as if there whereto the very last minute a chance to loose it.

LipRip

motocross269

Durand Dan

Maybe we could have a Sheepshead boil! I hear they taste like chicken! :D

River Rat

Quote from: Durand Dan on February 05, 2010, 06:12:18 AM
Maybe we could have a Sheepshead boil! I hear they taste like chicken! :D

You'll need Shaner for sure now, he's the "Sheephead King!"  Everytime I see the man on the water he's cruising around with one on his back deck... ;D
Dearborn, MI and Lake Wales, FL

Eric

Well, being a tiny little fella and all, I'm not real interested in food.  But, since Don and I are coming together and he says it sounds like a great idea, I guess I'm kinda obligated to stay and partake a little bit anyways.
www.ReelResponseSolutions.com
www.BassinWithEric.com

dartag

should not take to long since there won't be a line up at the tanks.  I will bring chips and salsa.  If anyone happens to catch a walleye I will bring egg and cracker crumbs.  never tried sheephead

Mike S.

My dad took a sheephead home and cooked it.  Then, he threw it away because he just couldn't bring himself to eat it.  What a waste of time.  I'm up for a cookout.  Let me know what I could bring.  Just remember, I'm driving a long ways, so suggest something that will be good when I get there.  Oh, and I can't cook worth a crap!

mikesmiph

Mike, you arent going hungry. Someone in that family knows how to cook. Ask your wife to fix us something. LOL

VinceR

I will bring potato chips.

Revtro

Typically many of the guys go out to Rams Horn or something...but not everyone usually makes it.  So I think this is a great idea.  Where could we do it?  Metro Beach?  Only problem with that is having to pay to get in.  Can we do it on the grounds at Harley?  I think there's a picnic area??
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

dartag

These spots should work.  I have been to weighin's at a couple

Mike S.

Quote from: mikesmiph on February 05, 2010, 10:31:32 PM
Mike, you arent going hungry. Someone in that family knows how to cook. Ask your wife to fix us something. LOL
Only way you will get any kind of food out of my wife, is if there is an Applebee's near by!  Just kidding.  Any fast food joint will do!

bob o

Quote from: mikeszr800 on February 08, 2010, 04:57:24 PM
Quote from: mikesmiph on February 05, 2010, 10:31:32 PM
  Any fast food joint will do!

parking, we need to either cook out at the ramp or find someplace we can park a bunch of trucks & trucks w/boats in tow. i don't really want to take parking spaces away form other fishermen at the ramp waiting to launch there boats, but a cook out is a great idea. count me in for a case of beer to go with the food. we need to send out a scout to find us a spot to bbq. does any one know if we can meet at freedom hill?