Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 12:20:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Canada license

Started by mikesmiph, January 04, 2010, 06:05:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikesmiph

I know it was already posted somewhere on here, but I cant find it anywhere. Where and how do I get Canada licenses? I believe I need fishing license, sportsmans card, and Walpole? Dont they go from Jan 1?

csfishslayer

Lake side tackle shop At 10 mile and jefferson. or you can got to the marine City ferry
S.W.A.G. Jigs And Custom Paints.

LAPORTE

You can get the Canada via phone... I have the number at work. It comes in the mail about 3 weeks later. You may have to purchase a card as well. We did last year. Can't remember the cost though.

Don L
2008 Skeeter 20I " Thanks Robin"

SethV

I heard that with the new sportsman card you can get a canada licence on line, but haven't actually tried it.

I hate paying $$ to Canada given the short season (even shorter than our goofy season), but there is just not many options on Erie without fishing Canada.

River Rat

You can go to Lake side Fishing Shop's web site and order one online.  Not that is totally pertinent now but if you order before noon on Tuesday they used to have it the same week by 1600 Thursday.
Dearborn, MI and Lake Wales, FL

champion_206

http://www.mnr.gov.on.ca/en/Business/LetsFish/2ColumnSubPage/STEL02_164832.html   for online licence  also wallys across the bridge does it online/phone also  heres his website http://www.wallysbait.com/products.asp?cat=28  he sells and explains the licence on his site also, you can buy online from him to
(Certified Evinrude Mechanic) Anglers Marine, Evinrude, Champion Boats,Crooked Creek Pro Staff

Skulley

I buy mine from Lakeside Fishing Shop.  You can click on the link and follow the user friendly options from there.  I got everything through their website last year.  The sportsmans card is good for three years.  I won't need to purchase that this year.  Both licenses are available on the site and they will send it to your home.  If you live in the area you can arrange to pick it up at the store saving you the postage for them to send it to you.  I let them send it to me that way I don't have to make a trip across town.  Very easy!!!   8)   More expensive for me to drive across town and cheaper for them to send it.  Good luck.

BD         ;D   
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

t-bone

You can call 800-667-1940
select talk to an agent from the menu

They'll take credit card info and your Outdoors card number (if you already have it) over the phone.

The 1-year non-resident sport fishing licenses came to $70.41. If your fishing tournaments you need a sports fishing license and not the conservation license. The conservation licenses doesn't allow you to transport enough fish.

You need to carry your Outdoors card and either a sport fishing or conservation license when you are in Canadian water.

The past three years I've received my licenses in the mail in about 1 week.

I believe the outdoors card costs $9.50 and is good for three years.

Lakeside charges $77 for the 1 year non-resident sport fishing licenses, so you can save your selves 10% by just making a phone call.
Terry Bone
Bass Anglers of Michigan
The Bass Boys - TBF Club
2013 Ranger z520c w/ Evinrude ETEC 250

t-bone

Also - I tried the online licenses system (the one that Seth referred to) that they have for those that have a valid outdoors card and it wouldn't work for me. They must not allow non-residents to use the system.
Terry Bone
Bass Anglers of Michigan
The Bass Boys - TBF Club

Skulley

That is why I go through Lakeside Fishing Shop.  It is not up yet for the 2010 license yet.  It is usually around April to May when they start selling them.  That is usually about the time I purchase mine.

BD        ;D

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

t-bone

Lakeside is more expensive than just ordering directly over the phone. Not sure what you mean?

Also - you can order 2010 Canadian licenses from Lakeside now. The first pickup date is 1/14 (tomorrow).

Quote from: UAWBigDog on January 12, 2010, 11:51:54 PM
That is why I go through Lakeside Fishing Shop.  It is not up yet for the 2010 license yet.  It is usually around April to May when they start selling them.  That is usually about the time I purchase mine.

BD        ;D
Terry Bone
Bass Anglers of Michigan
The Bass Boys - TBF Club

Skulley

Last time I was on their site they were still only selling 2009 licenses.  They have probably updated their site.  I will look after this post.

BD           ;D

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

mikesmiph

Called the 800 number in T-Bones post today. Took about 3 mins. $69.50 + $9 for sports card. I'll have everything in about 3 weeks. Thanks T-Bone

Skulley

Just checked the Lakeside Fishing Shop website and the 2010 Ontario is available through them.  Walpole will not be available until April or May.

Not really necessary to buy these until maybe May or June unless you are going to ice fish there or fish Walleye in the spring.  I usually get mine in late April to late May.  In 2009 I did not get mine until just before Memorial Day.  Probably going to do the same.  I purchased the sportsmans card last year.  The Sportsmans card is good for three (3) seasons.

BD           ;D

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

mikesmiph

I just needed something to spend some of these wads of cash on that are crowding my pockets, LMAO. I wish. I know there is no emergency, just figured that was one thing I could get out of the way now. cant get Michigan until March, cant get parks passes, boat launch passes, county passes or much of any other govenment type expenditures in our fine state until later in the year. Canada, I could get out of the way now.

t-bone

Another bonus if you order through the 800 number is you get the currency exchange. My credit card ended up being charged $67.76 - so it looks like you can save yourself $10 or more.

I like to get as many of these things done up front while I'm docked inside during the winter. To each there own... feel free to buy whenever you'd like.
Terry Bone
Bass Anglers of Michigan
The Bass Boys - TBF Club

River Rat

Mike,

The State Park passes are available now.  To ease the cabin blues take a nice drive to the countryside and visit your favorite local state park, stop into the office and they will gladly take your money and exchange it for a brand new 2.5"x2.5" piece of sticky plastic to affix to your windshield! ;)

Problem solved.
Scott
Dearborn, MI and Lake Wales, FL

Skulley

The DNR Office is about 2 miles from my house on 8 Mile Road.  I will just stop in there to get my stickers like I always do during their hours of operation.

BD       ;D

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

mikesmiph

Sounds like a plan. As soon as the next batch of $20's roll off the press. LOL

dartag

Quote from: River Rat on January 15, 2010, 05:12:10 PM
Mike,

The State Park passes are available now.  To ease the cabin blues take a nice drive to the countryside and visit your favorite local state park, stop into the office and they will gladly take your money and exchange it for a brand new 2.5"x2.5" piece of sticky plastic to affix to your windshield! ;)

Problem solved.
Scott

Then drive over to the DNR and pick up your access sticker another 24.00,  Then drive over to Kent Lake or any Metro Park and pick up your vehicle sticker 20.00 and your boat launch sticker 24.00 and you will be all set. 

Catch that first bass of the year and smile. ;D