Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 14, 2024, 07:21:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Tue, 07 May 2024 13:00:10 +0000
The Michigan DNR is conducting an acoustic tagging study on Lake St. Clair Smallmouth Bass to better understand their distribution through the lake and habitat use.
Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.

Advertisement

Other hobbies?

Started by Mike S., November 03, 2009, 07:08:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike S.

Anybody on here into other hobbies?  Drag racing, quads, sleds, bikes?  I will take pics of my toys and post them.  How about you?

Mike S.

Ok, here's a couple of my toys.  01 Arctic Cat ZR800 Limited Edition has a D&D 3 degree timing key, D&D y-pipe, clutched, V-force 3 reeds, and 192 Woody's studs.  08 Yamaha YFZ 450 has a  3mm stroker crank, custom intake, cam mod, and a +4 swingarm, and a DrD pipe.  08 Raptor 250 is my son's, and has a K&N filter and a GYTR pipe.  You can also see my old Bass Tracker TX17 with a 40 Mariner.  ON it's way down the road in the spring.....not big enough, or fast enough.

Waterfoul

My first hobby is fishing of course.  After that I'd say my second favorite hobby is shopping and buying fishing gear!!
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

Fishmael

I think it is nice that we live in a State with so many outdoors opportunities.  When my bass season ends, it seems there are a lot of steelhead in the rivers until the end of April when I start chasing bass again.  In between I can sit in a deer stand or ice fishing shanty and think about bass fishing.

djkimmel

Computers and web sites ;D (and outdoor photography)

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

McCarter

I used to have hobbies when i was single.  Now that i am married with a lil one, i pretty much just fish and play the occasional poker tournament.  I do like to make jigs and soft plastic baits tho.  even tho it is a business, i still enjoy doing it so i guess it doubles as a hobby.  Oh, and i like watching Deadwood!

McCarter himself :-\'

zooker

Quote from: djkimmel on November 04, 2009, 09:13:18 PM
(and outdoor pronography)

yikes dats got to be BRISK..

besides tormenting po ol webmasters lol..

i work in the tackle industry for a local tackle company whos baits are sold widely in south carolina..
i also spend alot of time helping design baits. most recent is jlv baits.. if you have bought any of those baits in the last couple years you are fishin a bait i helped design..

zooker
live from the land of the crankbait...

djkimmel

I thought... I was more careful with my spelling... but I do need new glasses ;D

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

thedude

building fishign rods and duck hunting.  i'd say drinking beer, but thats not so much a hobby as it is a way of life.

i do software development/websites for a living so if i do that on the side i still call it work. I actually don't like computers all that much - rather be outside i guess :)
West Michigan Bass www.westmichiganbass.com
Palehorse Custom Rods

motocross269

Motorcycle Racing...I gave that up a few years ago because of injuries and expenses..Now I just trail ride when I have time...Lately I have been so busy with Tournament fishing, work and the family my bikes have been nothing but dust collectors....I can't bring myself to sell them though.....

Cheetam

I enjoy painting crankbaits.  When the NFL kicks in I guess you can count fantasy football.
Jeff

MIBasser

Skiing and golfing for me.  Try to get out west once a year and take a "golf" trip with the guys in the summer.  However they always turn into a beer drinking vacation!

Mike S.

Quote from: McCarter on November 04, 2009, 09:29:10 PM
I used to have hobbies when i was single.  Now that i am married with a lil one, i pretty much just fish and play the occasional poker tournament.  I do like to make jigs and soft plastic baits tho.  even tho it is a business, i still enjoy doing it so i guess it doubles as a hobby.  Oh, and i like watching Deadwood!

I couldn't afford hobbies until I had a wife and kids.  Too busy drinking.  We just had number 3 two weeks ago.  once I settled down, I got all kinds of toys and hobbies.  I will say, though, I spend more time fishing than anything.

dartag

soon as i get all the boats put away it is the couch for me.   got lots of fishing tapes to watch.  soon as the ice freezes there are lots of ice fishermen to watch.  never see them catch anything.  pretty much hibernate till spring.  Mccarter used to organize a HOOTERS outings in the old days.

think spring.

McCarter

ahhh the good ol days.  no one showed up to the last one.  i think there was 4 of us there.  booooooooo!  i would like to get everyone together for another, i will post in the next month or so and get the ball rolling.

zooker

hooters run?? that mid western yankee for hittin the t*ty bar with the boys??

if not your in the WRONG state...

zooker
live from the land of the crankbait...

mikesmiph

I'm in for the Hooters run

baggerslimm

I'm on a pro gas harley team..  I really enjoy racing motor cycles..  We have cut back on doing this the last year or so.. Just to dang much money.. 
04 BassCat Cougar Ftd..

bob o

1/32 slot cars, rod building (winter only) beer brewing, snow skiing, mountain biking.

Mike S.

Quote from: baggerslimm on November 06, 2009, 11:03:11 AM
I'm on a pro gas harley team..  I really enjoy racing motor cycles..  We have cut back on doing this the last year or so.. Just to dang much money.. 
That is awesome!  I used to drag race.  I had a 72 Nova.  It went in the 11's with a 355, then I built a wicked 408 smallblock for it.  That motor dynoed just shy of 600 horses, and was built for the 250 horse nitrous cheater kit that I had.  When gas prices went to 4 bucks a gallon plus, I sold my 24 foot enclosed trailer, then I sold the car, then I sold the motor.  That hobby with 3 kids and a wife just doesn't work.