Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 29, 2024, 12:02:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

2009 DK Open West Sunday Sept 20 White Lake Montague Info & Signup Here

Started by djkimmel, July 11, 2009, 02:14:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Fishmael

I'm in.  Non-boater since I've never fished it and probably cannot make it before then.

djkimmel

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

chrisvmo

Im in, I'll bring my boat too since its not to far. Hopefully a little better showing than last year at Hardy!

9/10/09 - had to pull out due to unforseen circumstances

bob o

lodging, where is everyone staying? i'm thinking of making the trip from livonia but i need to know if we have a hotel/motel or campground picked out for the weekend?
i have that weekend open and as a boater would be happy to take a westsider out for a schooling on white lake. i've never fished it but it is on my bucket list.

djkimmel

It's a great bucket list lake! I'm just going over for the day and usually when I have stayed, it's been at Muskegon.

There's the Muskegon State Park. There is a campground closer to White Lake I stayed at many years ago off US-31? I'll look it up this evening. Maybe one of the westsiders can suggest a decent motel in the area since I have no recent experience in that area?

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

thedude

there's a super 8 right off the interstate in montague 5 min from the lake.
West Michigan Bass www.westmichiganbass.com
Palehorse Custom Rods

bob o

this looks like where i'll be staying

http://lake-landmotel.com/

oh yea, sign me up as a boater.

i just called and they got plenty of open rooms for that weekend.

Cy

Here is a list:

A.   Weathervane Inn
- www.theweathervaneinn.net - (231) 893-8931 - 19 reviews

B.   Montague Mountain Inn
- www.montague-mountain-inn.com - (231) 893-2171 - 5 reviews

C.   Montgomery Inn
- www.montgomery-inn.com - (231) 894-4339 - More

D.   Super 8 Whitehall
- www.super8.com - (231) 894-4848 - 20 reviews

E.   Lakeland Motel
- www.lake-landmotel.com - (231) 894-5644 - More

F.   Ramada Inn Whitehall
- www.ramadawhitehall.com - (231) 893-3030 - 33 reviews

G.   Maple Tree Inn
- www.themapletreeinn.com - (231) 894-4091 - 4 reviews

H.   Best Western Whitehall Inn
- www.bestwesternmichigan.com - (231) 893-4833 - 20 reviews

I.   White Lake Motel
- maps.google.com - (231) 894-4526 - More

J.   Lakeside Inn Resort
- www.lakesideinn.net - (231) 893-8315 - 8 reviews

All I did was google Montague, MI Motel.

I have never stayed at any of these places so I have no idea how nice they are but I always think....I only have to sleep there.

As far as I know I am open that entire weekend...so if anyone wants to grab a beer or soda and talk fishin' or go fishin' shoot me a PM or email.

Cy
Cyrus Ruel

West Michigan Bass
www.westmichiganbass.com

Xtreme Bass Tackle
www.xtremebasstackle.com

OST
www.ostusa.com

Westside Garage
www.westsidegarage.net

Waterfoul

Count me in as a boater.  Do I need to bring a partner as well for the draw part of it or are there people who need a ride?

Mike
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

Mike S.

Durand Dan

It looks like I have rejoined the ranks of the revenue enhanced Michiganders. Count me in as a boater!!

djkimmel

djkimmel

Quote from: Waterfoul on July 24, 2009, 06:30:13 PM
Count me in as a boater.  Do I need to bring a partner as well for the draw part of it or are there people who need a ride?

Mike

You can bring someone if you know about someone who is a GreatLakesBass.com member, or who will join, and wants to fish. I think we are doing pretty good on boats right now. We can always use more anglers, but you don't have to bring anyone if you don't want to.

bassfan586

Got one!

Waterfoul

Quote from: djkimmel on July 24, 2009, 11:27:40 PM
Count me in as a boater.  Do I need to bring a partner as well for the draw part of it or are there people who need a ride?

Mike

You can bring someone if you know about someone who is a GreatLakesBass.com member, or who will join, and wants to fish. I think we are doing pretty good on boats right now. We can always use more anglers, but you don't have to bring anyone if you don't want to.

Well at this point I'm open to either since I know I can get Martin to fish with me (he's a member here and a regular partner of mine).  BUT... if you need an open back seat for someone I'd be willing to be a boater only and make sure everyone gets a seat if you have more non-boaters than boaters.  Let me know.
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

Cy

Quote from: Waterfoul on July 28, 2009, 10:01:22 PM
Quote from: djkimmel on July 24, 2009, 11:27:40 PM
Count me in as a boater.  Do I need to bring a partner as well for the draw part of it or are there people who need a ride?

Mike

Well at this point I'm open to either since I know I can get Martin to fish with me (he's a member here and a regular partner of mine).  BUT... if you need an open back seat for someone I'd be willing to be a boater only and make sure everyone gets a seat if you have more non-boaters than boaters.  Let me know.

Everyone please keep in mind the main goal of this tournament is to get to know someone else on the site and to fish with someone you don't normally fish with.  That's most of the fun, fishing or winning is just a great bi-product.
Cyrus Ruel

West Michigan Bass
www.westmichiganbass.com

Xtreme Bass Tackle
www.xtremebasstackle.com

OST
www.ostusa.com

Westside Garage
www.westsidegarage.net

djkimmel

I think we are doing pretty good on boaters at this time so bring him along and hopefully, he'll enjoy the chance to fish with someone else maybe? Let me know.

bob o

Quote from: djkimmel on July 29, 2009, 12:40:33 PM
I think we are doing pretty good on boaters at this time so bring him along and hopefully, he'll enjoy the chance to fish with someone else maybe? Let me know.

if we end up with too many boaters i'll fish alone. if that is possible.

thedude

it looks like i will be wrapping up the tail end of the 24hr drive back from canada sometime on the 20th... so its not likely i will make it this year :(.
Hoping to make the east side again next spring.
West Michigan Bass www.westmichiganbass.com
Palehorse Custom Rods

Durand Dan

Due to a shoulder/arm injury it looks like my fishing is done for the season.  :o I'm going to have to back out of the fall open. Sorry :(