Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 29, 2024, 06:30:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

2009 DK Open West Sunday Sept 20 White Lake Montague Info & Signup Here

Started by djkimmel, July 11, 2009, 02:14:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

djkimmel

2009 Fall DK Open West
Sunday September 20
8 AM until 2 PM - please arrive no later than 7:20 AM
White Lake, Montague Michigan - Lake Michigan closed, White Lake only to end of channel piers
Montague Ramp - off Water Street ($10 launch fee box)
Entry Fee $5
Big Bass $2

Open to all registered GreatLakesBass.com members only - register on this forum to become a member - no deadline to join.

Format is boater / non-boater draw tournament with boater and nonboater fishing as a team.
5 biggest bass 14 inches or longer (mouth closed) between team members will be weighed to determine finish. Please take good care of your bass with working livewells.

Biggest non-bass fish legally caught (must be in season) and brought in to weigh wins the OTHER FISH category prize!

Please note:
Family members can fish together. Please contact me directly by PM or email to arrange this before the event. Family members must still be a registered member if older than 13. 16 years old or younger must be participating with a parent or legal guardian. Exceptions to this must be discussed with me in advance.

GENERAL INFORMATION
Nonboaters, please bring a life jackets if at all possible to make sure we have enough.

Life jackets must be worn zipped and/or buckled whenever the gas motor is running. Boater must use working kill switch when gas motor is running.

No live bait, artificials only. A Golden Rule courtesy board will be available at the weigh in. You can use your own weigh in bag.

A mini-seminar will be held before we launch on where to fish for anyone interested.

This event is all about everyone catching some fish!!!

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Durand Dan

Sunday's tough! I'm still positive I will be working that Monday ;D

1javelin

If I hear good news on my boat soon I will be willing to fish this.  Sounds like fun.

1Jav
Live to fish, Fish to live.

TCook

I would like to fish this, unfortunatly thats the same week as the BFL super tournament. Seems like alot of guys on this site including myself fishes the BFL and those dates would not be an option.   
FISH HARD!!!

Firefighter Jeff

Following week would be better for me, but I think I have a decent chance of making it on the 20th.  I work til 7am on Sunday, but could see about getting someone to come in early.  But I wouldn't know that til a later date.

fowlmouth

Cy

Dan,

The Montague ramp is $10 not $5...unless you worked out some kind of deal with the City.

https://mylocalgov.com/montagueMI/WebSubsection.asp?key=6

I'm in as a boater and looking forward to it!

Cy
Cyrus Ruel

West Michigan Bass
www.westmichiganbass.com

Xtreme Bass Tackle
www.xtremebasstackle.com

OST
www.ostusa.com

Westside Garage
www.westsidegarage.net

MadWags

How about all you west side guys getting your boats together and doing all the prefishing and us east siders will come as non-boaters. huh huh huh how about it?
Original song and lyrics by "MadWags"

What's with the news these days on the TV and the radio. Can't find the truth amongst the lies. Some talking head that claims to live their life in a better way, says I have to compromise. But now there's something on the rise. Truth has opened up my eyes. There's no running from your dirty lies. You can't avoid the truth. I'll no longer close my eyes.

Cy

Quote from: MadWags on July 12, 2009, 02:42:04 PM
How about all you west side guys getting your boats together and doing all the prefishing and us east siders will come as non-boaters. huh huh huh how about it?

That works for me!  If I were coming to the East that's what I would do.
Cyrus Ruel

West Michigan Bass
www.westmichiganbass.com

Xtreme Bass Tackle
www.xtremebasstackle.com

OST
www.ostusa.com

Westside Garage
www.westsidegarage.net

Durand Dan

Quote from: MadWags on July 12, 2009, 02:42:04 PM
Great idea!!

spinninbug

You can count Terry and I in,  me as a non boater,  Terry as a boater.  We have never been on this water,  but we will try to get down there and fish before the tourney...
Wendy

The secret of staying young is to live honestly, eat slowly, and lie about your age.

djkimmel

Quote from: Cy on July 12, 2009, 02:27:34 PM
Dan,

The Montague ramp is $10 not $5...unless you worked out some kind of deal with the City.

https://mylocalgov.com/montagueMI/WebSubsection.asp?key=6

I'm in as a boater and looking forward to it!

Cy

HOLY @%#! When did it go up? I didn't think it's been that long since I've been there and it was $5 last time I launched there?!? Couldn't be more than a couple years (I think?)...

Well, it is a nice ramp. Plenty of grass, parking, doesn't get rough. I hope this isn't a problem for anyone? I'm just not familiar with any of the other ramps.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

djkimmel

I don't want to seem like I'm ignoring any comments on timing of the date, but I feel it is the best compromise based on who I most likely expect to make the event and west side schedules. Always a challenge scheduling an event in our short, compacted season. Saturdays vs. Sundays? This weekend or that?

There is no intention on my part to leave anyone out on purpose and I know, no matter what date I pick, some members will not be able to participate. This date seems to be the least of the issues considering the overall target members. I apologize to anyone who would like to participate and will not be able to.

Cy

There really aren't any other ramps that you could run a tourney out of on White.  There are a couple of other small, free or cheap ramps on the lake if anyone would like an alternate ramp let me know.  But keep in mind this ramp is $10 for a reason...it is a great ramp and they take great care of it.

Cy
Cyrus Ruel

West Michigan Bass
www.westmichiganbass.com

Xtreme Bass Tackle
www.xtremebasstackle.com

OST
www.ostusa.com

Westside Garage
www.westsidegarage.net

Dan

Cy when are you going to take me to White for my preview trip. Never been there.
"Not in the clamor of the crowded streets nor in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but within oneself lies victory or defeat."

djkimmel

Quote from: Dan on July 14, 2009, 12:47:09 PM
Cy when are you going to take me to White for my preview trip. Never been there.

First you have to sign up, Dan!?!

djkimmel

I didn't think there was another suitable ramp. I think I've launched at other ramps once, maybe twice. It is a very nice ramp facility.

Dan

I'm still brooding over being ditch when TCook and I fished the spring open a few years back. It was a classic case of the east side guys losing the west siders after the tournament going for eats. T and I had to end up eating 24 hour dogs at Speedway. Although you know a dried out dog is crunchy and tastes almost like a deep fried dog which is somewhat similar to a grilled dawg that is left over a low heat for a long time. Nothing like a microwaved dog and not to be confused in the least with the $1.50 dog and coke from Cosco.
"Not in the clamor of the crowded streets nor in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but within oneself lies victory or defeat."

thedude

Dan - if its any consolation, there's a Dog'n Sudz drive-in right near the ramp off biz 31. I highly recommend a coney-dog and dogn-sudz house brand of root beer. ;D

DK - if i'm not in canada that weekend, i'll be there as a boater.
West Michigan Bass www.westmichiganbass.com
Palehorse Custom Rods

Cy

Quote from: Dan on July 14, 2009, 12:47:09 PM

I would say sometime before Sept 20th.  I could however pull a deal like you did to me on Hamlin...I think owe you one for that. ;D 

I would think we could find some time in late August.

Cy
Cyrus Ruel

West Michigan Bass
www.westmichiganbass.com

Xtreme Bass Tackle
www.xtremebasstackle.com

OST
www.ostusa.com

Westside Garage
www.westsidegarage.net