Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 29, 2024, 10:37:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

What New Lake Are You Going to try?

Started by Skulley, February 16, 2009, 12:57:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skulley

What new lake are you going to try in 2009?      ???      A lake you have never been to before.  I guess we could say any lake but let's keep it near your home and no longer drive than a couple of hours.  So where are you going???

I am going to try to get to Lake Ovid.  I have never been there.  DK touts it as his favorite.  I know it is within the boundaries of Sleepy Hollow State Park. And I know it is an idle speed only lake.  I have read stuff about it on this board.  That's it.   
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

Durand Dan

BD,
Let me know when you go to Ovid. I don't live too far away and have been there numerous times. I can help sort out the areas that don't hold bass. ;D
As far as trying a new lake, I want to head to Martiny. I've heard good things about that lake from Macbass

Got Fish??

I'm going to vacation in Kalcaska this year hoping to catch some of those northern  smallies. My parents live on SaginawBay, looks like a great lake adventure for us as well.

dartag

there is a one on one on Lakeville lake.  never been there. looking forward to prefishing there.   also going to White lake in highland.  fished there once last year but was not able to cover the whole lake. we caught a lot of nice fish in 3 hours.   so many lakes so little time.

csfishslayer

Quote from: dartag on February 16, 2009, 06:49:58 PM
there is a one on one on Lakeville lake.  never been there. looking forward to prefishing there.   also going to White lake in highland.  fished there once last year but was not able to cover the whole lake. we caught a lot of nice fish in 3 hours.   so many lakes so little time.

I love lakeville that lake has some crazy timber. If you would like I could show you around PM me if you want and we can set something up I don't live far from it. I could guide you around.
S.W.A.G. Jigs And Custom Paints.

Fishmael

I live on the west side and have never fished White Lake, which is almost a mortal sin here.  However, I think I am going to give it a go a few times.  Hopefully I can find some of those pigs I hear about.

blakstr1

Our club is going to Erie in September, that will be my first time out there...can't wait.
Blake Arkwood
www.teambass.net
www.quantumfishing.com

Flippin222

OK don't shoot me but I hope to get to St. Clair a couple of times this year. I would also like to try Lakeville as well.
Don't sweat the petty things; Don't pet the sweaty things

McCarter

Going to try Summit Lake in Indiana to see if Indiana bass will eat our baits.  Maybe Mosquito, too.  I think that one is in Ohio tho.  Will probably fish Long Lake when we go to Grand again this year.  Might try to get over to Black lake, i think someone said it was up that way.

McCarter himself :-\'

TritonTR20

Brookville Res. in Indiana. State tournement is there in the spring, never been there before...

Bender

I can't wait to get down there and try Summit, hopefully in March. I've been asking around about it and its only about 4 hours away. It also sounds like a big fish lake.
- Chris
www.nemesisbaits.com

blakstr1

Quote from: McCarter on February 17, 2009, 10:56:02 AM
Going to try Summit Lake in Indiana to see if Indiana bass will eat our baits.  Maybe Mosquito, too.  I think that one is in Ohio tho.  Will probably fish Long Lake when we go to Grand again this year.  Might try to get over to Black lake, i think someone said it was up that way.

McCarter himself :-\'

Let me know before you are heading up to Black, maybe i'll be in town...
Blake Arkwood
www.teambass.net
www.quantumfishing.com

bob o

i've never been to lakeville either, maybe we can put together a "learn the lake day" hint, hint "get together" out there this year.

Skulley

Quote from: blakstr1 on February 17, 2009, 06:40:01 AM
Our club is going to Erie in September, that will be my first time out there...can't wait.

Have fun there!!!!  Fall is the best time.  Are you going out of Erie Metro???  Get an Ontario License.  Very important.  Better places to fish in Ontario.  I make over 50 trips out of Erie Metro a year.  Our club is there in September also.  We do a two day.  One day on St. Clair and the next on Erie or vise versa.  Lot's of fun.  Big Smallies.  You will catch fewer but bigger.  Largemouths can be on in the river in September and by the BIG BANANA.

BD             ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

matt

I want to try my hand at some of the smaller lakes that were around the novi fishing show.

Durand Dan

Quote from: matt on February 18, 2009, 12:10:55 PM
I want to try my hand at some of the smaller lakes that were around the novi fishing show.

Lake Ultimate and the Trout Pond? ;D ;D

McCarter

Quote from: Durand Dan on February 18, 2009, 02:31:24 PM
Quote from: matt on February 18, 2009, 12:10:55 PM

Lake Ultimate and the Trout Pond? ;D ;D

beat me to it :D

huston

Just Recently like a couple of days ago, I loaded the coordinates to the ramps at Pontiac, Nepessing, Oakland/Woodhall, Lower Pettibone, Lobdell/Bennett and a few others mainly in Oakland County on my auto GPS. I've fished Lakeville in the spring and to me all the fish are on one side of the Lake. Caught some slab crappie there last year. I fished Oakland/Woodhall once with  a friend but want to go back  by myself, same for Lobdell /Bennett. I drove to a few of them just to check out the ramp. That Lower Pettibone ramp is not going to see my boat.Road to jacked up and no parking spaces. Where I really want to fish for a week is the Portage chain of lakes in Pinkney. Oakland County has so many lakes and not enough time. If any group wants to try Lakeville, I'm game.

csfishslayer

I would be game for a GLB get together on lakeville they only have parking for like 15 boats.

Another Good oakland county lake that don't get fished much is Loon lake. the small mouth fish is hot in the spring.
S.W.A.G. Jigs And Custom Paints.

Flippin222

Quote from: huston on February 18, 2009, 05:47:56 PM
Just Recently like a couple of days ago, I loaded the coordinates to the ramps at Pontiac, Nepessing, Oakland/Woodhall, Lower Pettibone, Lobdell/Bennett and a few others mainly in Oakland County on my auto GPS. I've fished Lakeville in the spring and to me all the fish are on one side of the Lake. Caught some slab crappie there last year. I fished Oakland/Woodhall once with  a friend but want to go back  by myself, same for Lobdell /Bennett. I drove to a few of them just to check out the ramp. That Lower Pettibone ramp is not going to see my boat.Road to jacked up and no parking spaces. Where I really want to fish for a week is the Portage chain of lakes in Pinkney. Oakland County has so many lakes and not enough time. If any group wants to try Lakeville, I'm game.

I wish they would fix the ramp to Lower Pettibone. We fished it a few years ago and caught several 5+ lb largemouth over the course of the summer. A few people put in just after a heavy rain and tore the ramp up.....
Don't sweat the petty things; Don't pet the sweaty things