Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 29, 2024, 11:35:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

What New Lake Are You Going to try?

Started by Skulley, February 16, 2009, 12:57:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lightningboy

I'm gonna try to get back to some lakes I haven't fished in years.  I tried Kent a few times about 15 years ago, never really did well.  I keep hearing about the smallies and big bags comming out of there, I gotta spend some real time out there.

I also grew up in Alpena, and had an Aunt who owned a cottage on Long lake.  When I was a teenager we'd spend most of the summer out there, a couple weeks at a time.  I'd spend every morning & evening I could dragging lindy rigs for walleyes.  Can't say I ever really caught many bass.  I should get a chance to spend some time up north this summer, so I'm gonna check out the smallies everyone talks about.  Maybe Grand too.

macbass

durand dan or any body else that wants to go to martiny lake, chippewa lake or mecosta lake just give me a shout I am in that area every weekend during the summer. usually at least one day if I dont have a tournament. always glad to take somebody fishing..plus there are a few other lakes in that area that are real good to fish that most people never dream of going to. we usually fish a different lake every weekend..just to try them out.

IF ITS NOT A CAT ITS A DOG: BASSCAT PERFORMANCE BOATS www.thedropshotdenny.com www.hookednhunted.com

djkimmel

Fletchers Floodwaters... maybe

Union Lake maybe too

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Durand Dan

Quote from: csfishslayer on February 18, 2009, 06:16:06 PM
I would be game for a GLB get together on lakeville they only have parking for like 15 boats.

Another Good oakland county lake that don't get fished much is Loon lake. the small mouth fish is hot in the spring.

Chris,
How about right after iceout. We can do some crankin for gills!!

csfishslayer

sounds like a good idea. they have some slab crappie in that lake
S.W.A.G. Jigs And Custom Paints.

dartag

Quote from: djkimmel on February 19, 2009, 01:12:05 AM

Union Lake maybe too

which one.  oakland county or the west side one.   

yukonjack2

Sanford sometime this summer - seems it has all kinds of water to try many techniques, and possibly a little recon for a future DK open or TBF state Championship in years to come?????

Jack Cahn

State Farm-Fenton, MI
Doug Mercer 810-714-0370

Bearclaw Taxidermy
Gladwin, MI  989-205-1724

Dantotsu-seeking sustainable competitive advantage through striving to be the best of the best, thereby having an effective lead over others and serving to be the pacesetter.

Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to get a welfare check because I have to pass one to earn it for them

Cheetam

I'd like to hit Saginaw Bay in the Spring.
Jeff

cr

I want to hit the bay also, but still want to fish LSC more ,....so much water - so little money....

Langer

I too want to fish the Bay. I also want to fish more lakes on the westside.
Wayne County Bass Anglers
-2008 President

Skulley

I would be game to try Martiny Chain.  I have heard lots of good fish coming out of there.  When I started this post I said that the lake had to be within two hours of your home and Martiny may be a little more than that for me.  I also said it had to be a lake that you had never been to before.  I have never been to Martiny. 

I see a lot of people posting here are looking at Lakeville.  I have been there a couple of times and did pretty good both times.  I will be going there again to pre-fish for the NBAA Oakland County One on One.

BD             ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

TCook

I would like to fish saginaw bay and GT bay in the spring. Some northern lakes I have not fished yet in the spring and fall, there are so many. Of course I want to fish White lake a ton in 09', I just got a taste last year and it was sweet.  ;)
FISH HARD!!!

matt

Quote from: Durand Dan on February 18, 2009, 02:31:24 PM
Quote from: matt on February 18, 2009, 12:10:55 PM
I want to try my hand at some of the smaller lakes that were around the novi fishing show.

Lake Ultimate and the Trout Pond? ;D ;D

;D Would have been cool!

I was thinking walled,loon,wolverine lake.Maybe even orchard lake.

csfishslayer

This is my list of lakes I would like to fish don't know if I will get a chance but I would like to fish.

Grand River
Lake Ovid
Ford
Sanford
S.W.A.G. Jigs And Custom Paints.

djkimmel

Quote from: dartag on February 19, 2009, 05:11:04 PM
Quote from: djkimmel on February 19, 2009, 01:12:05 AM

Union Lake maybe too

which one.  oakland county or the west side one.   

The Western one is higher on my list right now... my high expectations list of all the places I want to fish this year (though I did check off a 'major' in Lake Comedero already!!).

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Savage

We went to Martiny for the first time as a club last season.  It is a very....  INTERSTING lake to say the least.  Only one guy got a limit and it was a tough bite.  Could have been that it was midsummer, but you need time to learn how to fish it.  Bigfish for our tourny was 2 1/2 pounds.  If you're going, make sure to hook up with Macbass.

Anyone who's going to Sanford this year drop me a PM, I spent all of last year learning the place and can give you some ideas.  Maybe I'll tag along too.

McCarter let me know when you're going to be on Grand, Long or Black.  I assume you guys are going in the spring and I fish all 3 of those every spring without fail. 
Sponsors:
GreatLakesBass.com
Case Soft Plastics
Oxygenator Livewell Systems
O-Wacky Tools
Stong Outdoors
Toyota Trucks

djkimmel

I have always heard it is a generally tough place to fish, but there are some big bass back in the slop too! I fished it one time from the end of the dock at my wife's Uncle's cabin. Caught a small keeper on my first cast on a buzzbait in the pads!! Gotta love a lake like that!! ;D

Some day, I'll go back in a boat...

fiker

After seeing Gerry Gostenik's video at the Novi show, and reading about a friend of mine's trip there last spring, I want to try Grand Lake during the spawn. 

Gerry was telling me that if you know how, you can catch the spawn for quite awhile by just following it north up the state.

Imagine that.  Smallmouth spawn clear into July.

So much water.  So many lures.  So little time.

Member of  Downriver Bass Association

www.buildwithmomentum.com 734.649.9390

PIGSMALLIE

I think i'm going to just spend more time on St.Clair this year!!!!!!!!!!

Waterfoul

Now that I have a "real" boat I want to hit St. Clair harder than in years past.  Would like to get on Erie also.

More local I will hit Gull Lake for sure.  Up north... Green and Duck have been without my presence for about 20 years.  Time to make an re-appearance!!
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!