Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 09:33:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

FLW "WON"on St.Clair or Erie

Started by jerkin, July 07, 2008, 05:06:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jerkin

Cheetam

St. Clair has been pushing out some big bags the last couple of years, but, if the weather cooperates, I think it will be won on Erie.
Jeff

jerkin

Over 4 days St.Clair has got to be more consistant. I could see erie on one or two day's
but 4 day's. 3 to 4 yrs ago ERIE would have been a no brainer! Oh well we soon will see
it sure is fun to talk about.

dashaver63

I think you'll see like a 6 to 4 or 7 to 3 split in the top 10 with the 6 or 7 qualifying on Erie. But after that, it'll be anyones guess.

Kyle Schuchard

My guess it will be won on Erie.. Does the weights of the top ten pros and co`s reset back to zero for day 3 and 4?? Something to remember It will be a two day shoot out in the top ten for the pros :o... Ill stick with Erie for the win but its possible to see huge bags coming off st.clair gonna be a slug fest forsure.. 

djkimmel

If it was a few weeks later, I'd say St. Clair, but right now, it will probably be Erie. I haven't heard much about how Erie's fishing right now though?

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Genie

Grand Rapids, MI
Stop Wishin' and get Fishin' with MyFishingLogs.com
http://www.myfishinglogs.com

Insanity - Doing the same thing and expecting different results.  Stop the insanity!

djkimmel

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Buckeyenut313

It seems as if Erie is fishing unusually tough this year, at least in Ohio waters, but i'll still say one of the locals will find a loaded honey hole and win it on the Big Lake!

dashaver63

Western basin in Ohio waters always gets tough after July 1st.

Buckeyenut313

Well, I live on the Central basin and it is tough right now too!!

djkimmel

I watched a number of the pros fish the last day last year and some of them made it look like the bass paradise we hear it is... it's all perception from point of view. My experience is that Erie is an awesome place to wear your arm out on sheephead ;D but I'm not Clapper/Balog/Trombley/Coates/Vida etc etc :D Clapper culled bass like they were stacked in a bushel barrel and only caught (I believe) a catfish and no sheephead. I'd of caught 40 sheephead from the same spot and probably 2 bass... maybe a catfish... which probably explains why I usually turn left and head north to St. Clair... where I catch very few sheephead (when I don't want to anyway) ;D

Durand Dan

Looking at the pairings, I see Modrak is blasting off 162nd this morning. Good Luck!!

Langer

You looked at day 2....  Modrak is 39th on Day 1
Wayne County Bass Anglers
-2008 President

blakstr1

read on another site that Modrak spun a hub this morning, but they got him into a replacement boat really fast...so Good Luck Mark.
Blake Arkwood
www.teambass.net
www.quantumfishing.com

dashaver63

Man thats a tough break, hopefully they are working on it while he's out fishing today.

djkimmel

Man!! That's has to put some 'excitement' into your morning!! :o

At least that can be fixed quickly with another prop.