Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

June 16, 2024, 12:17:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Tue, 07 May 2024 13:00:10 +0000
The Michigan DNR is conducting an acoustic tagging study on Lake St. Clair Smallmouth Bass to better understand their distribution through the lake and habitat use.
Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.

Advertisement

Ever run a 21 footer out of water?

Started by spinninbug, April 28, 2008, 02:55:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spinninbug

Well our opening weekend sorta wasn't what we were hoping for.  We both had to work on Saturday so we didn't get to go at all.  But we had some big plans for Sunday. 

Well Saturday night at around 11 some friends called and wanted us to go down to the bar for a drink,  we said sure that sounds like fun (we were all in our jammies ready for bed,  old as we are 11 is usually way past our bedtime) so we get dressed and go down to the bar.  I should have known better!  Drinking,  never has been one of my stong points!  So Dave just keeps on buying me drinks (ok so I had a beer and a half and about 4 shots of pucker)  now mind you I usually am feeling no pain after just 2 beers,  needless to say I was feeling pretty good.  Didn't get to bed until around 3.  I woke up in the morning,  wishing I hadn't!  Headache,  queezy and just feeling like well you know crap! 

So I finally make myself get up and around, now mind you I had been so looking foward to going to hook into some of those smallies there was nothing going to keep me from going.  So we go out climb in the boat and tie on everything we are wanting to through,  get all organized and we take off. 

We get to the lake and decide to check out the marina,  off we go,  and we find nothing in the marina so we decide to up the river.   Big Big mistake!!  We have done this so many times before and have never had this happen.   We just plain ran out of water,  Terry lost his polroids and couldn't see,  mind you we were just idling up the river.  Nope got stuck!!  Bad. Broke the prop on the trolling motor too. So Terry takes off his shoes and socks and says to me when we are done here we are going to have to go,  this water is going to be freezing.  So,  he gets the boat turned around,  and I'm in the boat trying to do anything that I can to help.  He can't move the boat at all.  So he told me to get out and maybe that would help,  (I could jump to shore)  so I did and he budged it a little.   He had been trying different things for almost a half hour and we were getting no where.  He finally looked at me and said,  your going to have to get wet!  So I took off my gortex pants and started rolling up my jeans and he said don't bother doing that I did and I'm soaked anyway,  so I look down at my feet and think,  shoes or no shoes?  Shoes won I tossed my gortex pants in the boat and walked in.  Finally,  we get out,  I ended up totally soaked and freezing.  I got back in the boat and took of my shoes and socks and stipped out of my jeans, (not caring if anyone can see me or not)  and put my gortex pants back on at least they are dry.  My poor hubby didn't have any dry pants to put on but at least his shoes and socks were dry.  And we head back to the boat launch.  I jumped out and started walking to the truck and man did the pavement feel good,  it was so warm, got in the truck and turned the heat up,  backed the trailer in and pulled him out. 

We got in the truck and looked at each other and just started laughing.  I said to him,  this is one of the many memories we have made together that just make me wonder!! 

Well we needed to stop at the store and of course my shoes are soaked but we live 30 miles from town and we needed to stop,  so on go the soaked shoes, if that wasn't pleasant.  Went in and started getting what we needed and of course he looks at me and says,  I'm going to sporting goods, where will you be,  why is men get to have all the fun?  I had to get groceries and he gets to go to sporting goods!  How unfair is that?

Anyway we got home got changed and went out on our lake at home,  with no luck at all! 

Now remember all this with sorta a hangover!!  We went home and finished watching the race,  well he watched I napped and tried to feel somewhat better. 

Drinking just isn't as much fun as it was when I was younger and it takes alot longer to feel better than I remember!!!

It wasn't the day we had hoped for but,  it was better than working!! :D

Wendy

The secret of staying young is to live honestly, eat slowly, and lie about your age.

Cy

Seems like maybe you should have kept the smaller boat for just that trip!?
Cyrus Ruel

West Michigan Bass
www.westmichiganbass.com

Xtreme Bass Tackle
www.xtremebasstackle.com

OST
www.ostusa.com

Westside Garage
www.westsidegarage.net

spinninbug

I wouldn't go back to that boat to save my soul!!!  However,  Terry said we should have just used the aluminum boat we have for that trip...oh well just another memory to add to the list of many. 
Wendy

The secret of staying young is to live honestly, eat slowly, and lie about your age.

djkimmel

When I first saw the title of this report... I thought it would be about GATOR HUNTING and that you were ON BIG ONES!!! By I see it is just 'another' fishing story of the typical day in the life of a bass angler ;D :D

Don't you find you remember these days more than some of the others?

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

spinninbug

Oh I don't think I'll be forgetting this one anytime soon,  nor will I let hubby forget it either!!! ;D

Just glad it wasn't me driving!
Wendy