Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 05:23:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Spring 2008 DK Open Sat May 3rd - Signup Here

Started by dashaver63, March 02, 2008, 04:15:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

csfishslayer

Talk to jerk bait today his comp is down. he said he is in as a non boater
S.W.A.G. Jigs And Custom Paints.

stackenem

Due to changes in plans for several different things this spring I would like to change back to a nonboater.
Remember you don't quit fishing when you get old, you get old when you quit fishing

Skulley

If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

Durand Dan

Quote from: UAWBigDog on March 19, 2008, 06:50:28 PM
Boater.

BD           ;D

Well if BD is in I'll go as a boater and follow him around. ;D ;D

djkimmel

Starting to get some excellent prizes for the spring DK Open already. Hope to see a lot of you there.

So far:
KaRu Lures Vibra Series Kit
Grandt Rods All American Series spinning rod & several very nice anniversary hats
Kim Stricker's Hook n' Look Smallmouth Neighborhood Vol II Close Encounters DVD

More coming...

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

dartag

Ranger boat,   maybe a new chev truck???.....

:D :D

MaizeNBlue

I'd settle for the lipless crank from Chip I was supposed to get last year, lol  ;D

djkimmel

Quote from: dartag on March 20, 2008, 06:03:31 AM
Ranger boat,   maybe a new chev truck???.....

:D :D

We're a few members short of the truck and boat deal... maybe next year?!?

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Ranger_Boats_Team_North

I'm In As A Non-Boater!! ;D :o

Danny North
TBF of MI Jawbreakers President
Thank-You
Danny North
Limit Out Tackle

Ranger Boats
www.rangerboats.com

Patriot Custom Fishing Rods
(269) 628-5227

Strike King Lure Company
www.strikeking.com

KVD's Line and Lure
www.lineandlure.com

Reel Grip
www.reelgrip.com

2HANDEE
www.2handee.com

Stay-N-Charge
www.stay-n-charge.com

Skulley

I don't know why you would want to follow me around Durand Dan.   I am going to follow DK.  Seriously, I am going to the Mile Roads and hanging there all day.  Usually that time of year the Mile Roads are the place to be.  Should be plenty of fish all the way from Anchor Bay all the way to the mouth of the Detroit River.  Should be good all over that shoreline.  I am just excited to be going fishing...........period.

BD            ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

Ranger_Boats_Team_North

I'm In As A Non-Boater-Danny
Jeff Kellogg May Be In As A Boater
Thank-You
Danny North
Limit Out Tackle

Ranger Boats
www.rangerboats.com

Patriot Custom Fishing Rods
(269) 628-5227

Strike King Lure Company
www.strikeking.com

KVD's Line and Lure
www.lineandlure.com

Reel Grip
www.reelgrip.com

2HANDEE
www.2handee.com

Stay-N-Charge
www.stay-n-charge.com

Durand Dan

Quote from: UAWBigDog on March 21, 2008, 08:50:13 PM
I don't know why you would want to follow me around Durand Dan.   I am going to follow DK.  Seriously, I am going to the Mile Roads and hanging there all day.  Usually that time of year the Mile Roads are the place to be.  Should be plenty of fish all the way from Anchor Bay all the way to the mouth of the Detroit River.  Should be good all over that shoreline.  I am just excited to be going fishing...........period.

BD            ;D
Having never had my boat on St. Clair, the only the only way I could find the mile roads is on public transportation. Buses run on Saturday? ;D

dartag

Quote from: Durand Dan on March 22, 2008, 07:37:05 AM
Quote from: UAWBigDog on March 21, 2008, 08:50:13 PM

BD            ;D
Having never had my boat on St. Clair, the only the only way I could find the mile roads is on public transportation. Buses run on Saturday? ;D

there will be a convoy headed that way.   look for the big tower at 9 mile.

djkimmel

The Mile Roads start about at the 400 Club Apartments - very large beige colored block building just south of the Clinton River cutoff spillway - I think around 14 Mile Rd? Softer bottom there, sometimes better once the mayflies start to hatch.

Then there's Memorial Park a little south. That time of year it might not have the white tent covering - just the metal pole structure out on a rock-lined peninsula. Usually a good and popular area. Mixed rocks, sand and weed.

One of my favorites - the apartments at 12 Mile Rd - long, low dark-colored 2 or 3 story complex - rock patches and runs, scattered boulders with weed, gravel and sand.

Just South is the VFW Hall. Same stuff going on there.

Just South of that is the famous Blue Sea Wall at 11 Mile Rd. Same things there with some ups and downs from dredging and wind/current action around the large point that juts out just South of the marina. Look for the big ole 'white boat house' up on shore just North of the blue sea wall. Lots of really good rock patches, gravel runs and boulders out from that - out to 9 or 10 feet, but most in 7 to 9.

South of the Blue Sea wall a little over a mile starts the most major structure on the west shore of St. Clair - the 9 Mile bar - large markers on the North and South ends (about a mile long) out from what is known as The Nautical Mile from all the marinas packed in their. Near the South end of that bar is the largest landmark on St. Clair - the Nine Mile Tower apartments - looks like a mini Ren Cen.

The 9 Mile to 14 Mile Rd stretch is where the easist and hottest action will be our time of year. You don't have to worry about running up into shallow bays with scattered hazards.

You probably should look at Wayne's Marked Maps - these can make it a can't miss trip every time.
Map Downloads

The whole series would keep you busy on new spots for several seasons:
Marked Map Series on the GLBass Store

You can call Wayne toll free and discuss options at 877-485-2223.

dartag

4 weeks from today if i counted right.

may i suggest   Pier III on the east side of Jefferson, in case anyone wants food or a beverage after the event.  we went there last year after the LSCN Toad Fest.  they have a screened in patio.  also lots of parking for trailers and vehicles.

fiker

I'm really bummed, but I must remove my name from participating. 
The open is the same day as MSU's graduation, and one of my sons is getting his degree. 

So much water.  So many lures.  So little time.

Member of  Downriver Bass Association

www.buildwithmomentum.com 734.649.9390

Cheetam

Jeff

djkimmel

Ok - thanks Jeff and sorry to hear you'll miss out Rick.

dashaver63

Dan, what exit off 94 do I use for the ramp?

Revtro

Take I-94 to Exit 236.  This is the Metro Parkway (16 Mile) exit.  Head East until you reach the entrance to Metro Beach.  That is Jefferson Ave.  Turn left (North) and take Jefferson approx. 1 mile until it ends at South River Road.  Turn right (East) and take S. River until it dead ends at Harley Ensign DNR ramp.

If you're coming from 696, take until it hits 94 and go left (East) onto 94.  Metro Parkway is about 5 miles up. 

Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]