Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 03:03:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

You may be freezing.....

Started by MadWags, January 25, 2008, 09:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadWags

I have been in central Florida for the past week and will be here for another for sure.
I am working like a Donkey my friend. But this weekend I am going to do some fishing.
Tomorrow afternoon into the evening we will fish John's Lake. I used to fish this lake religiously when I lived here. I have pulled many a giant bass from this lake. The lake dried up shortley after I moved back to Michigan, but came back 2 years later. The Florida Game Commision restocked the lake with 1.5 million bass. After 8 plus solid years of growth many a giant bass once again swims Johns Lake. I think at this time of year some bass may be trying to spawn but most likely staging to spawn as we have had several cold fronts in the time I have been here. I will first attack the lake with the swim baits that I purchased from Mike's RX at the Novi Show, using my Grandt's Rods E-Glass 7' Medium Heavey. Then I will move in close and look.......

I'm sorry am I making you jealous?
I tell you what!
I'll post some pictures.
Put your scarf back on. LOL!
Original song and lyrics by "MadWags"

What's with the news these days on the TV and the radio. Can't find the truth amongst the lies. Some talking head that claims to live their life in a better way, says I have to compromise. But now there's something on the rise. Truth has opened up my eyes. There's no running from your dirty lies. You can't avoid the truth. I'll no longer close my eyes.

djkimmel

You may be in violation of my 8th Amendments Rights of no cruel and unusual punishment!!!!

There better be pictures!!!!

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Cheetam

Geez...I just came in from shoveling and salting my driveway and sidewalk and see this  :D  Here's an idea MW, do you think if I gave you my bag of rock salt you'd rub it in the wounds for me  :D  Post some photos of some monsters for us.
Jeff

Skulley

I hope you slam some big'uns MW.  Do post some pictures.  Always like to see what is up down south this time of year.  Wish I was there with you.  You ought to try to get down around Miami for some Peacocks.

BD           ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

MadWags

Saturday was not good for fishing as we had a cold front move through and we got rained on. Only small fish and no hogs. But I do have some pictures of other fish when I was down prior to Xmas. The pictures are from West Lake Toho.

What's with the news these days on the TV and the radio. Can't find the truth amongst the lies. Some talking head that claims to live their life in a better way, says I have to compromise. But now there's something on the rise. Truth has opened up my eyes. There's no running from your dirty lies. You can't avoid the truth. I'll no longer close my eyes.

Dan

Hey Wags,
When I was down on Toho for the B.A.S.S. Nationals in November I got to ride as an observer and guys were looking for shell beds. What do they look like on the graph and do you know you're on one by feeling with the jig etc. as you fish, or are the deeper flats all shell beds? How does West Toho fish compared to East Toho? Are there spawners up in any numbers. I have to pick my fantasy team for Toho and was trying to get a feel if there would be any spawners left by the Feb 28 tournament. There's a full moon a week before the FLW event and I wondered if a new wave might come up or would they be all fishing post spawn.

Thanks,
Dan
"Not in the clamor of the crowded streets nor in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but within oneself lies victory or defeat."

MadWags

Silly me. I posted that I was fishing West Lake and I intended to post East Lake. East Lake is a big bowl with some deeper areas. We caught the crappies suspended at approximately 8' over 12' of water. The bass were caught shallow on Zoom Horny Toads and Shuberts Freddie Frogs. I had one giant blow up but miss the bait. The spawn is in full swing on West Lake at this time. By the FLW tourny most bass will have spawned. This weekend will reach 80+ and many fish will start to build . This does not mean that by Feb 28th there will not be spawning fish. You can always catch bass shallow, but most may be caught deeper. You have to remember that deep water in Florida is shallow water to us. Shell beds are hard bottom and look like hard bottom on the graph. You can definitely feel them with bait. I don't know who will be most likely to prevail on Toho but I would never count Luke out. ;D

thedude

i just was on West toho on saturday... the weather really had them down. Water temps never broke 60*.  Guys i fished with said they had started on the beds already (mostly bucks) with the females still off in deeper water. We fished all over and between 3 boats, no fish! We did see a guide pull a nice 6+lber off some deep hydrilla drifting w/ live shiners, but that was it!

oh well, beats ice fishing :)
West Michigan Bass www.westmichiganbass.com
Palehorse Custom Rods