Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 29, 2024, 01:07:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Thanks DJKimmel

Started by Waterfoul, May 12, 2013, 08:38:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Waterfoul

Thanks again Dan for putting together a fun tournament.  Always great to see some old friends and make new ones.  Next time, less wind please.  :D
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

YpsiBass

Ditto. Thanks for putting this together Dan. These little tournament/gatherings have become one of the things I most look forward to every year.

Double bonus to "your people" for holding off the rain.

bob o

thanks putting up with for another year, always look forward to these tournys there a blast.

see ya at the ramp
bob o

dartag

Yep,, Thanks for all the hard work.  If possible a little sun would be nice next year.  Great day lots of laughs and we even caught some fish.

Mike S.

Yep, thanks Dan. Also, thanks for the honor of getting the first v-word award......don't even remember what it was. Cant wait to cook up some of that 15 year old Shore Lunch!

gmetime24

Thanks for everything Dan! Had an awesome time and look forward to beig back again next year. Big thanks to Steve(dartag) for showing me some great tips, had a blast fishing on your boat!!

deepdiver

Thanks Dan...couldn't have made it happen with out and the sponsors

bigjc

Dan,

I agree with everone else...it was a great event.  I am not sure why I have not made it to one in the past.  Great time had by all.

Thanks for coordinating this tx.

t-bone

It was a great event as usual. Wish I could have stayed for the meal but I needed to run to party. Andrew loves the rod. I put reel on it for him and tied on a new bait for him to try. I have a picture of him with it and will send it or post it for you.

Terry
Terry Bone
Bass Anglers of Michigan
The Bass Boys - TBF Club
2013 Ranger z520c w/ Evinrude ETEC 250

Waterfoul

Mike S... you're a vacillator

verb (used without object), vac·il·lat·ed, vac·il·lat·ing.  
1.  to waver in mind or opinion; be indecisive or irresolute: His tendency to vacillate makes him a poor leader.  

2.  to sway unsteadily; waver; totter; stagger.

3.  to oscillate or fluctuate.

T-Bone, I'm glad Andrew loves the rod!  
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

djkimmel

I hope pretty much everyone enjoyed the day. I know I did - thanks to Baybass for taking me out - those were my first bass of 2013 not hooked in a hawg trough in a building! ;D

PS: I had to trade the sun for not having the big wind until we were all on shore for the weigh in. Seemed like a good trade considering what it looked like after we were on shore eating... no rain was a bonus sale item. :D

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

djkimmel

I will get results and pictures up shortly. Thank you to everyone who made it. Big thanks to having everyone who said they were coming showing up, especially all the boaters! That really helps!

Thanks to the grillers and everyone who brought plenty of food! We make the other group jealous their 'cook' told me! ;D

Plus! You all get a big thanks from the family we donated all the leftovers to after everyone was done eating and gone. They were very gracious and thankful - I think they had 3 or 4 small children in tow (the eyes when they saw those donuts, chips and pop!!!!). That was a sweet ending to a wonderful day. (Well, thanks to VinceR too for driving me most of the way to the lake and back - getting me there early and waiting until I was all done and thought I had everything I was supposed to! :) )

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Team houston

Ditto to everything said. Thanks Dan. Thanks to Cy for putting up with me in his boat.

VinceR

No problem Dan. I appreciate the company, plus it gives us a chance to "catch up". We don't get the chance to talk as much as we used to.

Also thanks to YpsiBass for a fun day on the water (and for catching most of the fish). Did I mention how much I hate throwing a drop shot?  ;)

GLB anglers rock!

LAPORTE

What a great day thanks Dan nice job again
2008 Skeeter 20I " Thanks Robin"

Slipkey

I'll echo everyone else: great day, good people, great time. Thanks, Dan, for all you do. Thanks to Waterfoul for the ride out from GR, BrianB for the time on the water and the Master Vacillator for giving me a chance to fish from the back of my old boat! :)

mikesmiph

Yeah, thanks Dan, for making me drive all the way from Georgia, just to break my trailer. I know you talked to "your people". And then, making me fish with that guy, whats his name. LOL, all kidding aside, its worth the trip just to see guys I don't see much of. Scott and I managed to catch a couple, and that was the whole point. Had a blast, and got to ride in a fantastic boat. This is the best site I've ever been a part of. Great people. Thanks for all the help getting my trailer taken care of. Special thanks to Scott for sticking with me through it all. I made it back to Georgia with no more issues. As soon as work slows down a bit, I'll get some pictures up of the big fish down here. I have room if anyone wants to visit. Nice place for a vacation.

TritonTR20

Also thanks to FFJ (Fire Fighter Jeff) for putting up with me for three days! Had a good time, caught a lot of fish of all species! Thanks Dan for hosting us. I always look forward to fishing Lk StClair!

Hoekset

Nice to meet some of you guys. Thanks for having me

-Dave

Firefighter Jeff

Thanks for all the hard work, time and effort you put into these get-togethers Dan.  Thanks to the sponsors also.

TritonTR20,  thanks for hauling me along.  Had a great time.  Too bad we couldn't make a better showing.     

Special thanks to the grillers !!!!  Yum !!!!!