Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 30, 2024, 10:38:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Lake deemed too good for public fishing

Started by Mojo, October 09, 2012, 07:49:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mojo

AND WE are going to hold the first tournament on it !

Welcome to Lake Bushman -  Legend has it this chain of three connected small lakes was a privately owned, fully stocked lake. Perch, Gills and Sunnies have grown huge, and support a huge population of Big unpressured bass. The lake is very deep and has island humps, shallows, lilly pad fields, and weed beds.

It is non motorized, and the DNR opened it this year for catch and release only. SO Thursday Oct 18th - bring your row boat, canoe or paddle boat for a 9-2 tournament. Fees are $30 a boat in a 2 man tournament plus $10 a boat for big bass. Bring a Golden Rule and a camera because the DNR wont let you remove these beautys from this small protected, unpressured lake.

Located in North Oakland County its the North Independence Oaks Park on Sashabaw Rd. N. Contact FenBenn or me for info. This is a great chance for all the smaller boat fishermen to get in on some Great Lakes Bass fun !!!
Thanks Dan for bringing year round Catch and Release to Michigan

mikesmiph

Mike S.

Wish I could make it. But, I have no time off, and no small boat. I am working on a small boat, though.

Frank

Waterfoul

Quote from: Mike S.   (Stupid Mike Stupid, from Muskegon) on October 09, 2012, 08:21:19 PM
Wish I could make it. But, I have no time off, and no small boat. I am working on a small boat, though.

You're dad has a small boat!  Borrow it... lets go!
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

BIGSHOW

Not sure its the same lake. But I looked on lake maps and it has a bush lake in Oakland Co. Listed at 110 acres. Looks like some nice terrain for bass. Max depth 47' and alot of holes. Wish I had a small boat.

Mojo

Cmon guys - think neighbors Kayak ! This is a throwback to tournament fishing in the old days - where a hole truely was a hole ... when power fishing didnt exist..... this ought to be a riot.

djkimmel

I have an extra 12-volt electric motor?? No battery. No small boat.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

djkimmel

Wait?!? Am I already dq'd because I said electric motor!?!

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

BIGSHOW

Mike S.

Quote from: Waterfoul on October 09, 2012, 08:45:11 PM
Quote from: Mike S.   (Stupid Mike Stupid, from Muskegon) on October 09, 2012, 08:21:19 PM

You're dad has a small boat!  Borrow it... lets go!

Probably won't be able to get my dad's, but I have an uncle and several buddies that would let me take theirs. If you're serious, I could probably get the day off.

motocross269

I have a 14/15 Foot aluminum boat on a trailer someone can use.....Borrower must be a regular poster on GLBass.com....My dad gave it to me a month or so ago and it hasn't been touched in about 3 years...I got the Trailer in good shape to bring home though so that is all set...Boat has a Gas motor with a Loc'r bar on it that I need to cut off because my dad can't find the key but other than that it should be ready to go....If Electric TM are allowed this boat would be great for that..

Boat is in Storage North east of the Launch in Romeo...I don't think too far....

I would fish it but I have to work also...

Mike S.

If Waterfoul is in, I will go. I took the day off, and borrowed my buddy's boat.

BIGSHOW

Anyone needs a partner id love to. I just don't have a small boat. I'm looking though.

Mike S.

Mojo, can you give any info on launching area there?  Is there an actual launch, or is it a carry your row boat from the truck to the water?  How much boat can a person get away with on that lake?  Would a 16 foot v bottom be too much?  Just trying to get some possibilities out to help those who may be interested.

Also, how about an address for the gps?

YpsiBass

I have a small boat, but no livewell.  After riding in everyone's nice boat, I don't know if I could bring myself to haul my tiny boat up.  

edit: got the day off.  What the heck.  Who's fishing with me in my 14' jon?

YpsiBass

http://www.destinationoakland.com/parksandtrails/parks/independenceoaks/Pages/Independence-Oaks-North.aspx

I'm assuming trolling motors are allowed because if not, my boat lacks oar locks and paddling around might have to be done by hand...

Waterfoul

Sorry, but I am now out.  My boss just (yesterday) scheduled a meeting in Toledo that I have to go to.  If it changes I'll let you know.

Sorry Stupid Mike Stupid.   :(
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

Mike S.

I'm out. No travel partner, and too much going on the end of this month.

Mojo

Quote from: Mike S.   (Stupid Mike Stupid, from Muskegon) on October 10, 2012, 08:57:39 AM
Is there an actual launch, or is it a carry your row boat from the truck to the water?  How much boat can a person get away with on that lake?  Would a 16 foot v bottom be too much?  Also, how about an address for the gps?

There's the hitch - no actual boat launch - we carry our gear down to the water. drag the boats. A 15 ft V bottom would work fine - the oar will suffice to get you into ponds 2 and 3.

Latitude: 42.789 .158
Longitude: 83.377 .706

Or google: Upper Lake Bushman Michigan

This is a throwback gathering. Like NASCAR when the cars were actually stock..... or basketball when an actual basket was hung on a pole ,,,,,,, this is fishing where side imaging was the photograph you took of the shore an sent home from Alabama as a post card ..... We may even institute a mandatory orange life jacket and an "On Golden Pond" hat must be worn the whole event.

Maybe even a prize for biggest fish caught on a home made lure........ I cant wait !!