Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 30, 2024, 10:17:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Lake deemed too good for public fishing

Started by Mojo, October 09, 2012, 07:49:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mojo

Quote from: YpsiBass on October 10, 2012, 10:58:00 AM
http://www.destinationoakland.com/parksandtrails/parks/independenceoaks/Pages/Independence-Oaks-North.aspx

I'm assuming trolling motors are allowed because if not, my boat lacks oar locks and paddling around might have to be done by hand...

perfect perfect perfect - trolling motors are fine so grab a partner and bring this boat. This tourny is for you !
Thanks Dan for bringing year round Catch and Release to Michigan

Frank

Upper bushman lake.  At the corner of sashabaw and oak hill road.  Park in the lot, lift boat over 3 foot fence, drag down about 1/8 mile.  Push through muck by dock and fish.  I have a truck that I can show you but I won't post it here.  Electric motors are fine.  A push pole us helpful but an oar will work.  Many bass and pike.  Expect your 5 biggest fish to be pushing twenty inches each.  Pike bite everything though so be careful

motocross269

The boat i offered is too heavy to be hauled off the trailer across land..It is a V bottom,,,Kimmel could probably handle it but the rest of you wimps forget it... ;D

Mike S.

He got his practice carrying that big old Ranger every time he broke the motor off it. All hail Kimmel!

motocross269

Chuck Norris trembles in fear in Dan's presence... ;D

Mike S.

Wow!!!!  I always thought Chuck Norris was a sissy...... Hope he's not a GLB member.

BIGSHOW

After reading that I really want to go. Lots of Largemouths. Old ones to. Some of these smaller lake/ponds have some huge ones. I caught my biggest in a 10 acre pond.,27 in. and 9 lbs on my scale. I caught it in april to.

raisinrat

Why you have got to make this a weekday man. >:(
Justin Clark

Mojo

Im calling out any West Sider interested - I have a "Special" person who would like to fish this event. If you are interested, he has a boat, split travel cost & Tx fee ......

Fishing with him would give you a very special "Education" in bass tactics ....  :o
Thanks Dan for bringing year round Catch and Release to Michigan

Frank

Mike S.

A "Special" person?  Is it who I think you are referring to?

mikesmiph

No Mike, its not me. Although, I still am "special".

Mike S.

Dave B

I cant get the day off, is this lake (pond) open on other days or is this a one time deal.

Frank

Its always open but its always a pain to get a boat in.  if you go on your own just remember to use strong line.  Pike try to ruin everything

djkimmel

Quote from: Mike S.   (Stupid Mike Stupid, from Muskegon) on October 10, 2012, 04:11:31 PM
He got his practice carrying that big old Ranger every time he broke the motor off it. All hail Kimmel!

I never actually had to 'carry' it... It's a Ranger so it always stays afloat! I'm done breaking motors off too! Two is enough! Three would be too many... ;D

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

djkimmel

Quote from: Mike S.   (Stupid Mike Stupid, from Muskegon) on October 10, 2012, 04:32:56 PM
Wow!!!!  I always thought Chuck Norris was a sissy...... Hope he's not a GLB member.

I've never actually gone up against Chuck. Yet. But I worked with a young lady he tried to pick up once at a Grand Haven boat racing event and she said he was too short for her... ;D (sorry Chuck)

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

djkimmel

Quote from: YpsiBass on October 10, 2012, 10:43:26 AM
I have a small boat, but no livewell.  After riding in everyone's nice boat, I don't know if I could bring myself to haul my tiny boat up. 

edit: got the day off.  What the heck.  Who's fishing with me in my 14' jon?

As long as your boat is rated for 220 pound redheads who bring too much tackle... maybe I can fish this with you? I have a 12v electric motor but no battery at home right now. Do you that covered?

I think I can make this. Looks like cold rain but what the hey... you only live once. I've said no so many times this year to so many people. I feel like a big meany.

Contrary to some odd claims, I can't drag real large objects any more and probably could not take Chuck Norris in a fight (though I'm taller). Maybe between the two of us we could drag everything to the lake and then go fishing after a I lay down for 10 or 15 minutes to let me half-century heart settle back down.

Mike S.

That's the spirit Dan!  Go fishing!  Have fun. You need it. You work too much, like me. But I always make time in the evenings to go relax a bit on the water.