Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 29, 2024, 04:34:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Where are you fishing Saturday?

Started by customfishn, April 23, 2012, 06:19:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

customfishn

Where are you all going to fish saturday for the opener of the catch and release season?  I think I am heading to Hardy near Newago.  I would like to find a small paper tournament to fish somewhere. 

markgoetsch

Either St. Clair or the Detroit River for me.  I've been having fun filling the freezer with walleyes but the bass better look out Saturday!!

detroit1

Depends on how hard the wind is blowing . It will be in Oakland co.  somewheres....
WAVE THERAPY

chrisvmo

I hope to fish Hardy in the morning then a secret lake just down the road in the afternoon.

LGMOUTH

I will be on Kentucky lake. Its a little far south but well worth the drive.   ;D
When you are in any contest you should work as if there whereto the very last minute a chance to loose it.

bsimpson

Driving most of the day and then fishing in the late afternoon on Patoka Lake.

bigmojet

Arcadia Lake and Betsie Bay in Frankfort.

thedude

if the weather doesn't improve - i may see you out there bigmojet.
was planning on a trip to st. clair, but 45 degrees on the big lake.... been there, done that.... still tempting though. If the wind holds off and its just cold.... maybe.
West Michigan Bass www.westmichiganbass.com
Palehorse Custom Rods

TCook

Im goint to St Clair for opening weekend might be good might be tough never know but will be going back the following week for 4 days also so will hit it right at some point. Water temps look to be in the high 40s and this weekend is forecasted to be cold and wet so not sure if they will be where they were last year at this time. But the following week looks promising if not.
FISH HARD!!!

Jay-MadWags

Whoever goes out to fish on Saturday better dress warm and wear your rain gear.  47 degrees is the high with showers.  It figures.  We wait all year and get one of the coldest and wettest days in the month of April.  Have fun this weekend.  Whatever you decide to do.
Jay-Mad of "Team MadWags"
Jason Madigan

customfishn

Quote from: LGMOUTH on April 23, 2012, 08:20:23 PM
I will be on Kentucky lake. Its a little far south but well worth the drive.   ;D
You Suck!

bigmojet

I'm hoping weather changes again. Just 2 days ago it was showing mid 50's and sunny. Now low 40s and rain. Arghh.

bassbmx

If I go Saturday it's going to be somewhere close to home like Juno or Diamond Lake in Cass County. Sunday I am fishing my first tournament of the year on Wawasee.

jacksonmj

Might not head out Saturday if the weather sucks but I will be staying close to home and hit either Lake Ovid or Round Lake. Can't wait to fish and not have to look over my shoulder all day long. Good luck to everyone out there and post some pics! Mike

Mike S.

I'm thinking about taking the boat to work with me, if I get to go. If I do, I will probably go to Crockery. If not there, I may hit Muskegon in the afternoon. All depends on whether we are out of the hospital or not.

Waterfoul

Quote from: bigmojet on April 24, 2012, 09:10:03 AM
Arcadia Lake and Betsie Bay in Frankfort.

Thought about heading up that way as well... maybe Manistee or Pere Marquette....

If the weather sucks I might just hit Ryerson or something over that way.
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

Got Fish??

I will be in ElkRapids. We fished the pier at Manistee and the Tippy Dam, this last weekend and Monday, Tuesday. The local people up there tell me. That last month when the water got warm. The fish started to move up and in to areas. Now that it has gotten colder. The fish have scattered. Tuesday morning was the first morning . with out frost since last month. The dam brought us better luck. We landed several small steelhead and two nice browns. The state put 300,000 frye in the river two weeks earlier. Most of our bait was robbed by those varmint's

bigmojet

The weather report in NW Mich got a bit better this morning. Low 50's high with some sun. I will tske that. It will probsbly change a couple more times by Saturday.

fishstick

djkimmel

Quote from: fishstick on April 25, 2012, 11:30:43 AM
White or Muskegon for me!

You're either in the driving mood or doing some secret research project over there still?

Good luck everyone. Not sure what I'm doing yet or where. Tentative plans so far.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.