Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 29, 2024, 05:24:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Here we go again.

Started by Mike S., April 23, 2012, 03:51:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

djkimmel

It sounds like they are doing all they can. It can definitely get better for her. That is what I'm hoping for and for you Mike. I know you know what is truly important in life. That helps everyone in times like these.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Ranger482v

Your wife your family and you will be in our thoughts and prayers Mike. Well said Mr.Fiker.

Waterfoul

If you need anything, all you have to do is ask.  Juli and I will do what ever we can.

Sounds like she has an infection.  They will get to the bottom of it and I'm sure will have an answer very soon.

Keep the updates coming when you can.

Thinking of you all Mike.
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

t-bone

Mike - I'm hoping for the best for you and your family. Hoping that the situation turns around quickly and your wife can head home!
Terry Bone
Bass Anglers of Michigan
The Bass Boys - TBF Club
2013 Ranger z520c w/ Evinrude ETEC 250

Mike S.

I spent last night with my kids. Got them up and off to school this morning. Drove to the hospital to relieve my mother in law. When I get there, its all good news. Her fever is gone. Her blood pressure is stable, and she is off of the medicine for that.  They removed the big iv from her neck. And, they are moving her out of intensive care, and up to the 4th floor where we stayed for her surgery.

As of right now, they don't know what caused this. They can't even tell where it started. The blood cultures at 24 hours have given up nothing. They will check again at 48 hours. Her urine tests all came back good too. They are clueless. I really hope they can tell us exactly what it was. I really don't want to go home and have it happen again.

All this news today, and I am so relieved. Thanks guys. I am grateful for all your thoughts and words.

Genie

Grand Rapids, MI
Stop Wishin' and get Fishin' with MyFishingLogs.com
http://www.myfishinglogs.com

Insanity - Doing the same thing and expecting different results.  Stop the insanity!

Mike S.

We are on the 4th floor now!!!!!!!!   Penthouse suite!!!  On top of the world.

Seriously, she may go home tomorrow. They want to watch her another day, and check the blood cultures again tomorrow. They hope to switch her to an aggressive antibiotic pill to take at home. They have to to get her off of the I.V. Things are looking up.

LAPORTE

Great news !!! glad to hear it ..
2008 Skeeter 20I " Thanks Robin"

Waterfoul

The power of prayer and positive thinking.  I'm thinking the Lord didn't want her with him yet.  She's not finished being a good wife and mother here.   ;D
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

FOB

Great news.  Prayers to continue for a speedy recovery and to get her home with her family.
Ralph Blasey
Wonderland Marine West  734-417-5550

Ranger482v

REEL_MAN

It never ceases to amaze me of the power in prayer especially when more that one is praying, even though the initial problem seams to have passed we will continue to keep praying!!

djkimmel

All real good news Mike! Very happy for you and your family. Things are heading in the right direction and they're doing the right things.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

TimH

Thats very good news.  We will continue to send thoughts and prayers your way

Mike S.

Just woke up on the morning of day 3. Not that the people here at the hospital let you sleep, even if you can manage to fall asleep on the reclining chair that OS made to sleep in. I feel like I got beat up last night.

I'm a little nervous that she won't be going home today. She spiked a fever early this morning. She feels really hot now too. And, we still have no answer on what caused this.

fiker

Our prayers continue and will until you tell us all is good.
So much water.  So many lures.  So little time.

Member of  Downriver Bass Association

www.buildwithmomentum.com 734.649.9390

Mike S.

I went home and showered, kissed my kids, and ate breakfast. I'm back at the hospital, and they have brought us the news. They say the infection is in her urinary tract. But, they say its not surgery related. The kicker is that when she went in for surgery, they took blood and urine samples, and she was clear. No issues. But, anyways, she's going home today.

The doctor told me it was a good thing I brought her in the other day. He said she was in anaphalactic shock when she got here. Hopefully we are done with hospitals now.

Genie

Grand Rapids, MI
Stop Wishin' and get Fishin' with MyFishingLogs.com
http://www.myfishinglogs.com

Insanity - Doing the same thing and expecting different results.  Stop the insanity!

Mike S.

And now for another monkey wrench. While we are anxiously awaiting going home, they come in and give is more bad news. They did blood work this morning, and apparently her hemoglobin has dropped from 9.8 grams to 9 over night. They are doing urine and stool samples again, and not letting her leave.

djkimmel

Better to make sure they check everything while you are still there even though it is hard and exhausting. Still praying for you Mike!