Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 06:59:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Prayer request.

Started by Mike S., April 09, 2012, 09:19:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike S.

My wife goes in this Friday, the 13 th, for a double spinal fusion. They have to fuse her lower back, at L4 and L5. I am very nervous about this. Losing a lot of sleep as we get closer and closer. I appreciate all thoughts. Thanks.

TimH

Positive thoughts and prayers heading your way.  Keep us posted.

Waterfoul

My mom had a similar procedure 2 years ago Mike.  She is much better today and is glad she had it done.  She was 67 years old when she had it done... if my "no tolerance for pain" mom can make it thru the procedure, I'm sure you wife will be just fine.
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

Mike S.

The surgeons haven't been very assuring about this. We have been dealing with it for 2 years now. The doctors don't want to do the surgery because they say she is too young. They haven't given very good odds for success either. She lives in pain, and takes 4 Norcos a day to maintain. She's only 31. I'm just hoping for the best, and its driving me nuts.

MSURoss

God will come through no matter the outcome. I will pray for peace in your tough situation. God bless!

Skulley

Prayers sent.

BD.                  ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

djkimmel

Prayers, good luck and positive thoughts sent. Life is better without pain.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Dan

Will be praying for a positive outcome and less chronic pain. Nothing much worse than back pain.
"Not in the clamor of the crowded streets nor in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but within oneself lies victory or defeat."

Mike S.

Thanks everyone. This is going to be quite the ordeal from what they are saying.

They are going in through her stomach. There is a vascular surgeon, and the back surgeon. They will move all of her internals to the side, as well as the main arteries in her body. Once they get to her spine, they will cut the two bad discs out, and replace them with two metal cages that are packed with fake bone. Then, they have to clear passages for her nerves. After that, they will roll her onto her stomach and make 6 incisions on her back, so they can run the screws in. Then they will install the rods and all the fancy hardware.

After the surgery, the big risk is blood clots in her legs. She will have extreme weight restrictions for quite some time. It's going to be a long road.

Victor Cerabone

Prayers for a successful surgery sent Mike.

bassfan586

Prayers sent for you and your family Mike
Got one!

tjrock

Your wife and family are in my prayers Mike and remember God is always with you.

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."
Isaiah 41:10

Ranger482v

Quote from: CMURoss on April 09, 2012, 01:54:36 PM
God will come through no matter the outcome. I will pray for peace in your tough situation. God bless!
Yes he sure will.^ We will also pray for the best outcome possible for your wife and family.

bassbmx

I send my prayers for a successful surgery.

YpsiBass

Prayers said and hoping for a speedy recovery.

fiker

Prayers sent.  I pray that God will guide the decision making and the surgeons hands of those who treat your wife.  I pray also that the peace of Christ be with you and your family as you go through this procedure. 
So much water.  So many lures.  So little time.

Member of  Downriver Bass Association

www.buildwithmomentum.com 734.649.9390

5poundhooker

You got it. Faith will see you both through.

Mike S.

Well, once again, thanks for the thoughts. Tomorrow is the big day. We both are very nervous about what it will bring. It wouldn't be so bad if there were a 100% guaranteed outcome. Unfortunately, the what if's tend to cloud the mind.

LAPORTE

Praying all goes well for you and your family today
2008 Skeeter 20I " Thanks Robin"

Mike S.

Thank you. We are living it right now. Been here since 5:30 this morning. They just took her back a few minutes ago. I had to watch a big piece of my world roll away to a place where I can't protect her. I hate it.