email
 Home  |  GL Blog  |  Forum  |  News  |  Tournament News  |  Conservation  |  Join  |  Youth  |  Site Map  |  Search  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Online Shopping  |  Donate to this site reluctant

Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum  - extensive bass fishing home page specializing in Great Lakes, Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Illinois, Iowa, Pennsylvania, New York and Ontario bass fishing techniques, news, issues, conservation, bass fishing reports, bass biology, tournament strategy, bass fishing lure and fishing tackle, bass fishing forum and fishing message board, logistics, weather and safety, and product information.

Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum

Your Great Lakes and Michigan Online
               Bass Fishing and Tournament Community.

Advanced search  
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Poll

What lake would you like to see the 2012 Fall MadWags Memorial West tournament on?

Skegemog Lake
- 17 (27%)
Manistee Lake
- 8 (12.7%)
Portage Lake
- 2 (3.2%)
White Lake
- 6 (9.5%)
Hamlin Lake
- 10 (15.9%)
Mona Lake
- 5 (7.9%)
Cadillac/Mitchell Lakes
- 15 (23.8%)

Total Members Voted: 44

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Poll: Pick the 2012 Fall MadWags Memorial West Michigan Lake for Sunday Sep 30  (Read 51866 times)

djkimmel

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Welcome to GreatLakesBass.com - Board Admin
  • View Gallery
    • GreatLakesBass.com

Right now, the 2012 Fall MadWags Memorial Members Tournament West is scheduled for Sunday September 30th. I would prefer to go where the most members want to go, can catch some bass and enjoy themselves. I realize there is no one date or lake over there that will make everyone happy.

I just want to have good participation because it does take a fair amount of effort to put the event together. If you are likely to fish the event, please choose two lakes you would most like to fish during the event on September 30, 2012.

If you like, please share in this thread why you think one or both of your choices are the best choices thinking about everyone having the best chance to catch fish and enjoy their weekend. I will let this go for a while and then make the best choice based on all factors.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Waterfoul

• 7.89 New Personal Best!
  • Legend
  • Is it tournement season yet???
  • View Gallery

I chose Manistee.  10+ fish over 4 lbs, 4 fish over 5 lbs, and a 6-4 this past fall is all the reason I need!   We caught so many fish up there it should be illegal!  It's also closer for most people, and given the price of gas that could be a major factor for participation.

My "backup" would be Mona... good fall smallie lake and it's close to home!
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 11:11:22 PM by Waterfoul »
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

TheFishinPollock

I could go for caddy/mitch along with my choice of skeg.
Matthew" the pollock" Novak
1986 Champ 168
 2014 Pro XS 115 Merc

mikesmiph

• Mike Smith
  • GLBass Champion
  • Legend
  • View Gallery

I chose two lakes I've heard great things, and I've never fished before. I love checking out new lakes.

customfishn

I don't see a box for Hardy on the list!

djkimmel

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • View Gallery
    • GreatLakesBass.com

I chose two lakes I've heard great things, and I've never fished before. I love checking out new lakes.

Me too! When I can get to them.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

djkimmel

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • View Gallery
    • GreatLakesBass.com

For some reason, some people get upset and a little wound when I mention putting Hardy on the list. Some are happy though...? I guess... I could still add it??

customfishn

For some reason, some people get upset and a little wound when I mention putting Hardy on the list. Some are happy though...? I guess... I could still add it??
It cant hurt to add it,  if you do I'm changing my vote!

Waterfoul

• 7.89 New Personal Best!
  • Legend
  • Is it tournement season yet???
  • View Gallery

Keep that POS Hardy Pond off the list!!!!!   :o
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

customfishn

Keep that POS Hardy Pond off the list!!!!!   :o
Such harsh words for a place that everyone wants to be in the spring.  The fishing has only improved up there. 

thedude

• Count Redbeard
  • Legend
  • Curmudgeon at Large
  • View Gallery
    • West Michigan Bass

who's voting for cadillac and mitchel? seriously? they aren't bad lakes, but seriously?  portage, manistee, skeg - still good choices for the fall.
West Michigan Bass www.westmichiganbass.com
Palehorse Custom Rods

customfishn

If Hardy cant be on there Skeg is the place to be everyone can come in with 20+

TheFishinPollock

my pick would be skeg too. Plus I live really close.  But for the gass if it's  ehh around m55 ish  or north I'm good .
Matthew" the pollock" Novak
1986 Champ 168
 2014 Pro XS 115 Merc

Firefighter Jeff

I want to partner with Waterfoul  !!!!!   :D   ;D   :D   ;D

djkimmel

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • View Gallery
    • GreatLakesBass.com

We hit Skeg on an off day somehow. Not sure what was going that day other than the upset duck hunters who actually had a great early shoot when we scared all the ducks out of the fog!

I guess, since I already had the 'dark horse' Cadillac/Mitchell on there (and thedude is anxious) I will not add anymore lakes. 7 choices seem like enough, doesn't it? It is the fall.

Mojo

• Champion 206 - YAMI VMAX 250
  • GLBass.com Sponsor
  • Legend
  • To You; Who helped me grow my fishing roots
  • View Gallery

Someone said smallies - so picked Mona..... I vacation on white 2 years in a row and absolutely love lakeside resort. however when folks post 20 + bags on skeg, I'd like to try that too. 

Ps: if someone takes me out on hardy , I'll sneak you on the six flags lakes !!! ( I got people lol )

Thanks Dan for bringing year round Catch and Release to Michigan

Mike S.

• GLBass Champion
  • Legend
  • Lucky number 1k!
  • View Gallery

I sure hope we don't have to go to Skegemog again. I was not impressed with that one. I would rather fish White. I picked Hamlin and Mona. Mona is REAL close to home, and close to the heart. It's my favorite crappy lake to throw lures at.  ;D

customfishn

The 7 lakes on the list are all great fall lakes.  Any one of them would be a great place to fish.

Frank

• GLBass Friends
  • Master Angler
  • View Gallery
    • Red Dirt Bait Company

I picked cadillac because I haven't fished there and my friend lives right up the road.  If its there were having a party at the roadway inn

Mike S.

• GLBass Champion
  • Legend
  • Lucky number 1k!
  • View Gallery

Mojo, if you can get me on the Michigan Adventures lakes, I will take you to Croton. I don't know anything about it, but I have good electronics, and wouldn't mind going there.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Up

Advertisements

Visit Other Features of GreatLakesBass.com using the links below

Site Home | News | Bass Forum | Bass Tips | Articles | My Confidence Products | Tournaments

GL Blog | Weather | Fishing Pictures | Building Bass Boats | Conservation/Legislation | Bass Biology

Advertise | Site Sponsors | GreatLakesBass.com Store | Online Shopping

Site Map | Contact Us | Search | About Us | Links | Link to Us | Resources | Privacy Policy | Disclosure Policy
Stop Spam Harvesters, Join Project Honey Pot

VigLink badge