email
 Home  |  GL Blog  |  Forum  |  News  |  Tournament News  |  Conservation  |  Join  |  Youth  |  Site Map  |  Search  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Online Shopping  |  Donate to this site reluctant

Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum  - extensive bass fishing home page specializing in Great Lakes, Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Illinois, Iowa, Pennsylvania, New York and Ontario bass fishing techniques, news, issues, conservation, bass fishing reports, bass biology, tournament strategy, bass fishing lure and fishing tackle, bass fishing forum and fishing message board, logistics, weather and safety, and product information.

Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum

Your Great Lakes and Michigan Online
               Bass Fishing and Tournament Community.

Advanced search  
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: iPhone 4s apps  (Read 2556 times)

StarBoard7

iPhone 4s apps
« on: November 22, 2011, 12:42:16 PM »

Hello all,

Anyone know of any good gps/lake maps apps for the iPhone?
Specifically for Erie/Ohio area.

Or any good bass fishing in general
Apps?

Thanks

Firefighter Jeff

Re: iPhone 4s apps
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2011, 11:48:07 PM »

Check out  Takemefishing.org  They have a boat ramps app.  Just search by location etc and it will list any nearby launches and give you directions and maps for them.  Pretty sure it was free.  Just used mine again tonight. 

YpsiBass

• GLBass Friends
  • Legend
  • 1995 Stratos 201 Pro XL 225 Evinrude Vindicator
  • View Gallery
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2011, 08:21:03 AM »

I use the Navionics app for lake depths.  Has a gps function.  Has most of the lakes in Michigan.  Odd that it doesn't have the west side of Belleville though.  Some of the smaller lakes it doesn't have either, but overall great app.  Big space hog though.

grneyemonstr

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2012, 08:25:50 PM »

I second the Navionics app choice.  You don't have to download the whole US you can download individual areas and delete them when you are done to save space.  I have found that some of the maps are detailed very nicely with stumps and hazards marked.  I paid $9.99 for the app and it is worth far more.

Revtro

• Legend
  • I'm not an addict, I can quit anytime!
  • View Gallery
    • Pastor Tom O
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2012, 02:40:18 PM »

It was kind of hard to find info about the app at takemefishing.org, but if you search the app store for Boat Ramp, you'll find it.  It's free. 
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

robhj

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2012, 10:39:12 PM »

I agree with everyone else regarding the Navionics app, it is an awesome app for the cost. I bought it a few years ago for a trip to Eagle Lake, Ontario and it got us everywhere. Does a nice job of giving you contour lines and other prevalent structure.

huston

• GLBass Friends
  • Master Angler
  • View Gallery
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2012, 10:00:51 PM »

Strike King has a log book app that seems to be pretty good.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Advertisements

Visit Other Features of GreatLakesBass.com using the links below

Site Home | News | Bass Forum | Bass Tips | Articles | My Confidence Products | Tournaments

GL Blog | Weather | Fishing Pictures | Building Bass Boats | Conservation/Legislation | Bass Biology

Advertise | Site Sponsors | GreatLakesBass.com Store | Online Shopping

Site Map | Contact Us | Search | About Us | Links | Link to Us | Resources | Privacy Policy | Disclosure Policy
Stop Spam Harvesters, Join Project Honey Pot

VigLink badge