Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 05:01:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Cass Lake 6/23

Started by spinnerbait bite, June 26, 2006, 04:57:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spinnerbait bite

Hit the H2O after work on Friday...actually, I left a little early cuz I figured it was gonna be a good day. Never been to Cass Lake but heard it held some smallies....I can't say that I'll be going back. First of all, the launch at the Dodge Bro's Park is way friggin undersized. Not to mention that you always have "that guy" at the boat ramp holding everything up. Second of all, If anybody has that lake figured out, please let me know. I will be avoiding that place like the plague!! I have never in my life seen "holes" in a lake that go from 3ft and literally fall off the face of the earth to 90+ ft of water. On top of that, the lake literally has no structure, and the places that we did fish that were little ponds, creeks, and canals off the big lake that were deeper, weedy, had isolated structure and boat docks (places that just looked fishy) never produced one single fish. I bet I made over 300 casts that afternoon and never hooked one bass. I did however, catch a rediculously aggresive pumpkinseed on my 3/8 oz white spinnerbait. I consider myself a respectibly decent fisherman and can usually find the fish. They might not be the biggest fish in the lake, but I can find'em. I was completely unable to get anything going on that lake and left scratching my head wondering wha ha ha ha happen????? My fishing partner for the evening did seem to put together somewhat of a pattern as he did boat 2 LM. He tossed his chartreuse spinnerbait up next to a concrete wall in 37fow and nailed a 2.5lber. That was the pattern for the evening.

Sorry for the venting session but not one positive thing came from my outing on friday other than it was a nice evening to be on the water and I spent it with a good buddy. But even that was overshadowed by the 500 jet ski's and 2,000 boats that were buzzing around.

Also, WHERE DO PEOPLE GET THERE $???? The homes on that lake are insane!!! There are literally $2 million homes stacked right next to each other like downtown detroit. The most amusement of the night came when I seen what looked to be at least a $3 million home that had a $70 boat dock w/a $50 pontoon. Dats what I'm talkin bout!!!!

SBB

Langer

Next time try Orchard Lake, its right across the street, and even though the boating can get bad at times if you stay out in front of the Island they usually dont bother you, Fished it 3 days in a row two weeks ago, and caught more then I could keep count of, both LM and smallies.  There launch is pretty nice as well, I think 4 can launch at a time.

I have also heard good things about Union Lake, although have never fished it myself.....
Wayne County Bass Anglers
-2008 President

dhuff

Cass lake is a great lake.  You just have to know how to fish it.  It is indeed tough at this time but the fishing is great out there.  In the spring a few of us were out there putting 15-17lb limits in the boat during the catch and release season.  You have to know how to fish the structure out there.  And yes there is structure out there and lots of it.  Lots of fish in that lake.  Keep trying until you figure it out.

bosshawg

cass lake is a great lake - if you fish it any other time than summer fridays, saturdays and sundays......the lake has structure-humps, stumps and things you go bump. usually way to much traffic on those nice beautiful days. orchard lk pretty much the same. if your not at ramps by 10-11 in the a.m., your pretty much waiting in line. try it in the fall and you'll have a different point of view. just my 2cents.
if it feels good - SET THE HOOK!!

Michigan Bass Busters

spinnerbait bite

Thanks for all of the info and comments. I too have heard good things about Orchard and Uniion. Think we might try Sylvan lake next time were down that way on an afternoon. We try to hit a different lake anytime we can...when were not able to make it to St. Clair. That lake just flat spoile ya!!

SBB