Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 04:26:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

belleville lake

Started by bosshawg, June 25, 2006, 05:10:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bosshawg

got out to the lake this morning abt 8:30 and fished 'til 12:30.
finally tagged into a couple of good, nice largemouths around the east end of the lake, plus a few "sqeakers" of what was one of my better days in a long time on that lake. tubes & senkos was the lure of choice i got most on. did venture to the other side (of bridges) to fish shorelines where channel comes closest to and only (1) dink smallmouth for my efforts. still trying to figure that lake out. always seems to fish tuff for me, especially those smallies. oh where do they go? water was on the stained side for most part as i don't ever think that lake gets clear during summer times. was a nice chance to get out though and just do some fun fishin' for a few hours. to try to do more outings after work out there when i can . will keep you posted.
if it feels good - SET THE HOOK!!

Michigan Bass Busters

bshaner

I spent 4 days on Belleville this week practicing for an ABA tournament which I just got home from.  If you figure that lake out let me know please.  Not that I need to know, I will avoid that lake like the plague.  After 4 days the only reliable backup plan I had was to bang docks with a tube.  I got second place with a 1.32 lb smallmouth.  I spent alot of time on a couple of points where the creek bed runs right up next to the point.  Marked a butt load of fish holding tight to cover / structure ( on belleville that could be carp ).  I couldnt for the life of me in those 4 days get bit once.  I threw every combination of plastic, crank, dropshot in every weight and color I own.  And I am not fabricating that.

Today I banged the docks and fished some off shore structure most of the day.  My one keeper came out from under the docks on a tube.  My non boater caught his only keeper of the day in 30 foot of water on the bottom after it landed and he jigged it a couple times.  We probed that water with several presentations for another 20 minutes or so without any other hits.

Man I could go on but the ending is still the same.  This lake is just depressing to say the least.

One last bit of kick in the shins, I lost a rod/reel combo I just bought from Poorboy due to what seemed like 6 foot waves while banging the docks.  There should be a law that you can torch one jetski of your choosing per year.  Kinda like a doe permit.

B
Byrd's Landing
220 Helmer Rd N
Springfield, MI 49015
(269)963-2844

Langer

Fished the lake Saturday Morning from 7:00 til 1:00.  Caught alot of fish. (caught two right off the dock while my dad was parking the truck)   Fished tubes and senkos around the docks.  Caught somewhere in the neighborhood of 20 fish. The nicest being a 3lb smallmouth caught on a small crankbait banged off a breakwall.  All fish came from the east end of the lake.  It was a very fun and enjoyable morning.  Would of been back out this morning but had an appointment to look at more houses with the realtor.
Wayne County Bass Anglers
-2008 President

DennisB.

I fished Belleville the last three days and boated 60+ fish but only about 10 keepers. The docks get beat up real bad this time of year as does most of the large strips of rip rap. everyone focus's on the main lake points so the presure there is unreal. There is offshore structure but good luck fishing it once the party boats roll out for the afternoon. The "middle east"  end is better IMHO than the far east for Smallies, and the wood in the west holds nice LM where you can find it in about 8 f.o.w.  I work afternoons at willowrun airport so I fish there aleast twice during the week and sat, sun. it's easier than making the run to the river. most of my fish the last few days came on a c-rig,t-rigged plastics and crankbaits. I havn't touched a tube or senko this year, I think they see to many of those.

bosshawg

well there's 2 that seem to know the lake.
got put on a 2nd shift starting next week for the next 2 or 3, so hoping maybe some early afternoon outings there for a couple of hours before work will be in the game plan, i'm 15-20 mins away, so it might work out.

Michigan Bass Busters

bosshawg

hit belleville again friday a.m. 7:30-11...3 smallies & a largemouth. one each being "keeper size". this time off of seawalls. pretty cool as i had an audience when ii caught the 3lb. largemouth. these guys where working on some new apartments but watching me doing my thing as i was pitchin' parallel to the seawalls. fishin' a weightless t-rig senko when the fish took it. when i got it into the boat, they cheered, thumbs up & all that. i took my bow, held it the air for them to see, then released back into the water.  ah, another successful catch, just lovin' it. x-plored some new areas/water w/o much success then had to call it a day.
i know alot of people hate this water, but it's the closet thing to me when i need to get out for a few hours. still alot to look over and fishable places.

Michigan Bass Busters

DennisB.

What kind boat where ya in?? I was out this morning with my cousin. caught 15+ with two being keepers. the keeper smallie was a thin 3 pounds, good strong fish though.

bosshawg

i'm in a older red skeeter w/a 175 merc. drive a red chevy blazer. if its in the lot, i'm on the water.

Michigan Bass Busters

fiker

Way to go  Boss;  now we've got another celebrity here on the board. 
Even got your own fan club! :)

So much water.  So many lures.  So little time.

Member of  Downriver Bass Association

www.buildwithmomentum.com 734.649.9390

DennisB.

I'm in a blue and white champion and drive a red silverado short bed. If you ever happen acrossed me stop and give a shout..