Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 07:52:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

lsc catt. tourney

Started by dpwildlife, June 18, 2006, 11:38:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dpwildlife

fished in catt opener on lsc sat. First time on lake for me and my partner. we had  a blast caught about 75 small jaws in three days. came in with 16+ sat.Took 17.77 to cash check with 20+ winning.  5.66 was big fish. were from west side of state, you boys on east side have it made. what a great fishery. caught all are fish on cranks and tubes.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       " what a lake "   dpwildlife

Cheetam

We are pretty spoiled over hear, aren't we?  How many boats did they end up drawing?
Jeff

dpwildlife

The catt drew 50 boats.They gave away 6000$ in cash and prizes. There was also the nbaa the same day or they might of had a few more. The run a pretty good tourney but need to improve some thing to get more boats.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             dpwildlife

yukonjack2

NBAA had over 70 boats in the LSc opener. They gave away cash and prizes in the same range as well.? Lets not get into trail bashing here, as I don't think thats really appropriate.

Jack
Jack Cahn

State Farm-Fenton, MI
Doug Mercer 810-714-0370

Bearclaw Taxidermy
Gladwin, MI  989-205-1724

Dantotsu-seeking sustainable competitive advantage through striving to be the best of the best, thereby having an effective lead over others and serving to be the pacesetter.

Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to get a welfare check because I have to pass one to earn it for them

Langer

It doesnt sound like he was bashing any trails, sounded like from his opinion that the Catt needed to improve some things.......
Wayne County Bass Anglers
-2008 President

dpwildlife

Sorry if you thought i was trashing a tournament but I wasn't. I have fished in a lot of tour. around mi. and think if they change a few things they would get a better turn out. They have a deal with nitro to give away a new nitro if they reach 100 boats on that lsc tour. I would like to seem them get to it.  bass pro had free pizza and water  for every one during the weigh in. That was cool. They are a young tour and I think as they keep growing they will get better. My partner and I plan on fishing the rest of the series. Look forward to coming back to lsc & lake erie.                                                                                                                                                                                                dpwildlife

MBell

The catt website was down the few days leading up to the tournament, that couldn't have helped anything.  I've got a problem with both trails, results!  This was the big opener for both series on st. clair, where are the results? 
-Matt

djkimmel

Constructive criticism is okay - it might help some improve if they take it to heart. You don't always have to do what someone suggests, but knowing what anglers are thinking might help a circuit make changes for the better (if they can take the advice).

Sometimes what people think is constructive criticism isn't that, but if you offer suggestions on what to change and how possibly to change it, while pointing out what you did like (people don't do that enough either - you don't want them to change something that you like by mistake), it could have a positive effect.

I think all I see here are general statements. I always figure if someone doesn't mention me by name on the Internet, they aren't talking about me personally so I don't sweat it. A lot of times, I will post some general statement of how I hope things turn out and someone will contact me thinking I was talking about them. If I have a real problem with a person, I won't post it here. I'm going to contact them personally and privately about it. Otherwise, it's just a general statement for anyone to anyone.

I would suggest that anyone who does have suggestions for a circuit consider contacting the tournament director or owner and suggesting them. Just explain what you liked and didn't like, and why. How they react is always an indicator to me of the type of people they are too. Just remember, they may be hearing from a lot of different people with different ideas, and don't forget to also tell them what you did like, along with making suggestions when you say you think something could be done better about how (and be prepared to hear possibly what they think too).

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

SODY

I was at the Catt also (See other post for details), what a great time. DK's right on this one , you have got to take it in stride. I just love this trail but like any they have some growing pains and I'm sure it will work out.

I have had some serious concerns about the results postings on Catts website and still don't know were we stand from the St.clair tournamnet or other Catt weeknights. I won thursday on Gull lake and not to sound vain but I wan't my name in Lights(Just Kidding dont write me) I have contacted them and asked why they have not posted. Does anyone have the results from Saturday LSC Catt or know why the website is not active ?....Southbranch

djkimmel

I saw somewhere that CATT had the same problem so many other's are having that rely on an outside person for their web site - issues with timeliness and/or even getting a response. I'm thinking they are either looking for another web person or have found one and are resetting their web site with that person. I've heard this a lot lately from companies in the fishing industry too that are too small to hire their own full-time web person.

Of course, even with only one full-time person, they have to take time off.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

5alive

Same story different year, I hope it gets better. Instead of hiring someone else, have the results posted by themselves. Or are they trying to hide something?
Jeff Harris

www.quantumfishing.com
www.strikeking.com

djkimmel

I have no idea if they are trying to hide anything or not. Guess you'd have to get with Jerry on that.

I do know it seems very common the past two years for small fishing businesses to be suffering web problems. High turn-around, fancy-smancy stuff and webmasters are expensive.

I don't pay 'my guy' hardly anything and look what I get - what I pay for. I have all these things to get done and he keeps goofing off, saying things like "I have to get some sleep now, very tired" or "I have a day-job you know." And his wife! Oh, she keeps wanting him to fix things or put something together... one thing after another... all the while that my ideas and projects just drag along...

And then there's fishing! There has to be some fishing!

Seriously, no sense in speculating here. Who knows what is going on if anything. It does seem to me that some fishing businesses still don't put enough emphasis on the continually building importance of the Internet and I tell them that when they talk to me about it anyway.

It's not that difficult to put up a rudimentary web page or two, but the formatting of things like standings and results, especially with any functionality, can be time-consuming and require a much better understanding of various Internet capabilities. There may be packages you can buy to help with this... maybe they are out there, but not well known. It's a matter of making it a priority or not. I know it is a common complaint from circuit to circuit year after year to not have timely results posted.