email
 Home  |  GL Blog  |  Forum  |  News  |  Tournament News  |  Conservation  |  Videos  |  Join  |  Youth  |  Site Map  |  Search  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Online Shopping  |  Donate to this site reluctant

Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum  - extensive bass fishing home page specializing in Great Lakes, Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Illinois, Iowa, Pennsylvania, New York and Ontario bass fishing techniques, news, issues, conservation, bass fishing reports, bass biology, tournament strategy, bass fishing lure and fishing tackle, bass fishing forum and fishing message board, logistics, weather and safety, and product information.

Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum

Your Great Lakes and Michigan Online
               Bass Fishing and Tournament Community.

Advanced search  
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A day of rest  (Read 862 times)

Mike S.

• GLBass Champion
  • Legend
  • Lucky number 1k!
  • View Gallery
A day of rest
« on: September 12, 2010, 05:26:19 PM »

I am pretty much wore out.  I work 7 days a week, and have to use vacation to get a weekend off.  I took this weekend off, Thursday through Sunday.  I started out doing all the work around the house I have been neglecting, and it's nice to have all that BS out of the way.  Then, I got up early and went fishing with FF Jeff.  Almost 8 hours of wind and sun, on top of not being able to sleep, and I was tired.  Woke up Saturday for the DK Open.  The weather was awesome....hardly.  6 hours of wind and rain, was fun, but exhausting.  So, I figure that I'll stay home sunday and spend time with the wife and kids.  Today is the nicest day we have had in a while, and I didn't go fishing.  I am seriously kicking myself for that.  How did I not go on a beautiful day like today?  Oh well, back to 7 day weeks tomorrow.  I can't wait! >:(

TritonTR20

Re: A day of rest
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2010, 06:29:48 PM »

Despite the weather, I enjoyed fishing with you on Saturday. Maybe next time we'll catch a few more fish...

djkimmel

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Welcome to GreatLakesBass.com - Board Admin
  • View Gallery
    • GreatLakesBass.com
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2010, 06:31:26 PM »

Fishing 2 days out of 3 is still pretty good...

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of Michigan BASS Nation or TBF of Michigan.

fiker

• GLBass Friends
  • Legend
  • PB small mouth
  • View Gallery
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2010, 07:45:17 PM »

Spending the day with the wife and kids ain't all bad either.   In twenty years, there will probably still be Bass to catch. 

But... in twenty years your kids will be all grown up. 
So much water.  So many lures.  So little time.

Rick Fike
Vice president & Program Director Downriver Bass Association

www.buildwithmomentum.com 734.649.9390

Mike S.

• GLBass Champion
  • Legend
  • Lucky number 1k!
  • View Gallery
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2010, 08:21:59 PM »

Spending the day with the wife and kids ain't all bad either.   In twenty years, there will probably still be Bass to catch. 

But... in twenty years your kids will be all grown up. 
Good call, Fiker.  Time sure has flown by since the first one was born.  Kinda makes me sad.

Firefighter Jeff

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2010, 09:09:41 PM »

Hey Mike,  I was hard at it again today.  Friend of mine took me to fish the manistee river/lake.  I'd never been there.  Did ok on smallies, nothin too big.  A 3 pound lgmouth and Terry (Spinninbugs husband) got a couple nice northern.  I didn't have to get up as early (6:45) compared to the last few days but did fish til 4:30.  I'm thinkin about fishing the pm for salmon in the morning.  However there is a good chance I sleep in instead.  lololol
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Advertisements

Visit Other Features of GreatLakesBass.com using the links below

Site Home | News | Videos | Bass Forum | Bass Tips | Articles | My Confidence Products | Tournaments

GL Blog | Weather | Fishing Pictures | Building Bass Boats | Conservation/Legislation | Bass Biology

Advertise | Site Sponsors | GreatLakesBass.com Store | Online Shopping

Site Map | Contact Us | Search | About Us | Links | Link to Us | Resources | Privacy Policy | Disclosure Policy
Stop Spam Harvesters, Join Project Honey Pot

VigLink badge